Just got the upsell call - should I?

satbeachbill

I just now got the "upsell" call. We are in a 4E Upper inside midship cabin #6287 on the Splendor. I usually pick this type. Nice and quiet, no kids running up and down the halls - ever.

We've never had a balcony. The price to upgrade to an Empress deck midship Balcony was offered at $270 total.

What do you think?

Go for it. Once you've had a balcony you'll always want one.

So not true. The few times we've had balconies we rarely used them, even when in suites. Last cruise was in a 4K, next cruise is in an OV. We've even booked window suites on Princess.

OP, it's a cheap enough upsell to try it out and see for yourself.

Edited by SadieN

So not true. The few times we've had balconies we rarely used them, even when in suites. Last cruise was in a 4K, next cruise is in an OV. We've even booked window suites on Princess.

OP, it's a cheap enough upsell to try it out and see for yourself.

Maybe not for all but for us it is.At that price try it and see for yourself.

Edited by WindsorFred

That's the problem. Cross that line and you can't go back. Don't do it.

Not true. I like balcony cabins but I can do without. If it costs a lot more I wouldn't do it. I woukd rather use that upsell money as my gratuities or onboard spending. It also depends on ship and length of cruise/ports of call. I have sailed more times without a balcony than with but the occasional great deal on a balcony is worth it sometimes. Just keep in mind they might put you in a not so desirable location if you get a great deal on the balcony. Check the cabin layout map before you commit either way. Balconesure are nice though.

I just now got the "upsell" call. We are in a 4E Upper inside midship cabin #6287 on the Splendor. I usually pick this type. Nice and quiet, no kids running up and down the halls - ever.

We've never had a balcony. The price to upgrade to an Empress deck midship Balcony was offered at $270 total.

What do you think?

We always choose same the category as you.Our last cruise we splurged for a balcony.Now my next cruise is in a balcony cabin. I never thought I would enjoy it as much as I did.Just be aware that once you do a balcony it is hard to go back:)

What do you think?

sold-- in a nano second.. do it. especially on the empress deck

We always choose same the category as you.Our last cruise we splurged for a balcony.Now my next cruise is in a balcony cabin. I never thought I would enjoy it as much as I did.Just be aware that once you do a balcony it is hard to go back:)

That's what I'm afraid of............:o

I would go for it! We only sail in balconies and we would not sail at all if we couldn't get one. Now, before someone goes off and flames me, my husband is very claustrophobic and he needs the balcony to be able to cruise. The cabins are too enclosed for him, so he goes out on the balcony often when we are in the cabin.

I do think we spend more time in the cabin because of having a balcony as I also enjoy sitting out there as opposed to sitting out on the deck. YMMV.

I would personally, but if it isn't important to you and you like the location of your room then stay where you are and save the money for other expenses during your vacation.

What do you think?