How are aft cabins?

Hello all,

Never cruised in an aft cabin before except in Navy where it was very noisy and a ton of vibration. Also, we are on Deck 10 under the windjammer. Is there noise from the crowds and is there propulsion vibrations? Just curious if we need earplugs?

Hello all,

Never cruised in an aft cabin before except in Navy where it was very noisy and a ton of vibration. Also, we are on Deck 10 under the windjammer. Is there noise from the crowds and is there propulsion vibrations? Just curious if we need earplugs?

We had an aft-corner cabin on our last cruise (Vision) and loved it. A little vibration, but the extra-large balcony more than made up for it. As far as noise, we were right below the spa, so it was quiet at night. I would be a little hesitant about being right under the windjammer or any pools though.

We love aft balconies. Never enough vibration to bother us. Occasionally here a little scraping of chairs noise but again it doesn't bother us. Corner aft on Deck 10 are our favorites on the Voyager class. But any aft will do!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Forums mobile app

On RCI the aft's are great especially those corner's. Our favorite is on the Radiance class #1100...never a problem with vibrations or noise..Enjoy if you are lucky enough to get one as they usually book up fast.

We had an aft & loved the balcony, BUT we were under the Windjammer & the noise never stopped!!!! Even in the middle of the night when they were cleaning. I wouldn't hesitate if there were cabins above. But remember it's a long walk.

Kathie

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There's good and bad:

Hallways are usually very quiet.

While it is a LONG walk to the elevators, that entitles you to TWO desserts!

Aft balconies are HAUNTED!!! :eek:

aft-haunted.gif

(Only kidding. That's just to keep everyone from booking them when saving them for us instead ).

Seriously, you're going to love it! Have a great cruise!

You will love love the aft cabins, the Radiance Class has the best afts. We have been on 10th deck several times and the only time you hear noise from the windjammer is people moving chairs around but it didn't bother us. You will love the extra room the balcony offers!! Great place to take afternoon naps! Enjoy!!!

Had an aft on the Nav that we loved. Large balcony with a great, non-windy view. Yes, the walk was long but don't mind that. Only negative was the soot on the chairs. Our steward left us extra pool towels to help with that.

Will have a corner aft on the Serenade in Feb. Looking forward to it!

We had an aft cabin on Explorer in Sept.-Best cabin we have had yet! Room was huge, balcony had 3 loungers and a small table with 2 chairs. Walk was long, but so worth it. We were on deck 10, only noticed noise from WJ occasionally, slept like a baby every night!

There's good and bad:

Hallways are usually very quiet.

While it is a LONG walk to the elevators, that entitles you to TWO desserts!

Aft balconies are HAUNTED!!! :eek:

aft-haunted.gif

(Only kidding. That's just to keep everyone from booking them when saving them for us instead ).

Seriously, you're going to love it! Have a great cruise!

This balcony looks awesome - what ship and room is it on?

This balcony looks awesome - what ship and room is it on?

I believe it was 7708 on the Indepence. We've also stayed in 7688 on the Navigator. The deck 7 corner afts on both the freedom and voyager classes have this great balcony - my ghost picture only shows a little over a half if it! While the cabins are standard size E1 triples, the balconies are huge. I loved that I could look straight down to the water from that open 6ft porthole.

~ Judy

How is the balcony on the brilliance #1600. I don't mind sharing with a ghost or two... Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1600 is a Grand Suite, never had that stateroom but have had 1602 Junior Suite next door. Personally prefer the balcony of 1602, it seems larger and is certainly much deeper. In our opinion the best balcony on the aft of Radiance Class ships is 1100 and 1602 would be close second choice.

On RCI the aft's are great especially those corner's. Our favorite is on the Radiance class #1100...never a problem with vibrations or noise..Enjoy if you are lucky enough to get one as they usually book up fast.

Got 1100 on the Serenade in Jan!! Soooooo excited! Hoping the noise from above isn't too bad!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by SRV FAN