Hope we can still go!

HomelessBear

We're booked on the Ventura departing 20th Dec and booked this about 18 months ago. Going with friends, and this will be their last cruise (due to family issues), so we've been really looking forward to it.

DH was admitted to hospital as a emergency 10 days ago (bit of a shock as he's never ill apart from 'man flu'!), and although he's been home this week, he is due to have surgery on 18th Nov. His Consultant is aware of his cruise, and he hasn't said he wouldn't be able to go, so we're hoping all goes well on Tuesday and he has a quick recovery. I also had shoulder surgery in September and am still recovering from that, getting more use in the shoulder each week.

Yes we are insured (and I've already spoken with the insurance company), but we desperately want to go on this cruise if we can. I also know that DH's health comes first, and we'll just have to bite the bullet if he's not well enough.

If you good cruisers out there could please send lots of positive thoughts our way for a speedy recovery for DH and for us to be able to go on the cruise, we would be very grateful.

Thank you fellow cruisers.

Just a quick update if anyone is interested.

DH stayed in hospital 3 days (he should have been a 'day case'), and they gave him enough IV antibiotics to sink the Ventura! but he's now home and progressing well. I'm making sure he has his analgesia regularly and I'll be keeping a good eye on him, as he doesn't need an infection now.

The way he's progressing day by day, we are very hopeful that we'll be able to make the cruise, but I know its early days yet. Looking forward to the cruise is probably helping his recovery!

Thanks again for all your kind words, thoughts and good wishes for us. Much appreciated.

Thank you so much for all you good wishes.

Sukilu : I'm not sure we are allowed to mention specific insurance companies, but the one we use has two letters ( two words) - first is a city on Merseyside and the second the name of a previous Queen. Hope you get my meaning! Blimey - it's like charades!

Both DH and I have been touched by all your kindness and good wishes, and wish you all lots of lovely cruises.