Just returned from Caribbean Princess

nfox211

I'm currently sitting in the Fort Lauderdale Airport waiting for a 6:10 flight. We just returned from a 4 day cruise on the CB. This was our first Princess Cruise but we've cruised many times. Let me know if you have any questions. I'll try to post a short review later.

As we're getting on the CB in January for a short break I'm curious how the cruise was as well.

To the poster inquiring about using EZ Check for luggage - yes it's available - we used it on the Regal returning from FLL in November. You have to submit your request to Princess by a certain time cutoff, your airline must participate, and your flight can't be before a certain time on the day of debarkation. It's $20 per bag.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

To the poster inquiring about using EZ Check for luggage - yes it's available - we used it on the Regal returning from FLL in November. You have to submit your request to Princess by a certain time cutoff, your airline must participate, and your flight can't be before a certain time on the day of debarkation. It's $20 per bag.

EZ Check may or may not be offered on all voyages. It was not when we debarked in FLL on the Emerald TA, but we were told it was just logisitically impossible due to ALL crew and passengers needing to go through immigration as it was the first US port after an extended stay abroad. They will let you know on the disembarkation paperwork once onboard if it is available for your voyage.

EZ Check may or may not be offered on all voyages. It was not when we debarked in FLL on the Emerald TA, but we were told it was just logisitically impossible due to ALL crew and passengers needing to go through immigration as it was the first US port after an extended stay abroad. They will let you know on the disembarkation paperwork once onboard if it is available for your voyage.

It was offered on the Royal TA in 2013. Also I believe the cost is $20 per person, not per bag, plus the applicable airline baggage fees.

It was offered on the Royal TA in 2013. Also I believe the cost is $20 per person, not per bag, plus the applicable airline baggage fees.

Well all I can tell you was it was NOT offered on the Emerald TA when we debarked in FLL. Was the Royal TA's final destination FLL? The Emerald was continuing on to Houston as its final destination so that may have factored into any logistics. The point is just because it is usually offered out of FLL it is not always offered on every voyage.

I'm currently sitting in the Fort Lauderdale Airport waiting for a 6:10 flight. We just returned from a 4 day cruise on the CB. This was our first Princess Cruise but we've cruised many times. Let me know if you have any questions. I'll try to post a short review later.

Well?? How was it?? :)

This was our first Princess cruise and yes, we definitely enjoyed it. On my cellphone on way home so excuse my typing. We didn't get the amazing deal that many did since I booked in August. Here are some quick pros. I have to work in the morning.

PROS: first mini suite- we loved the extra space in the cabin and bathroom. We were deck 9 and didn't mind the exposed balcony. But... We had perfect weather:). Landon Swank,magician, was terrific! We thoroughly enjoyed Bert Stratton too. Caribbean Orchestra was one of our favorites. Food was good but not exceptional. We only did dining room since it was a short cruise. All staff was very polite and friendly. Ship was not full so areas were not crowded. I'll tell you the cons later but my biggest disappointment was NO CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS. A few poinsettias appeared throughout the four days. I read on here that the decorations went up right after Thanksgiving so I was hoping to see them.

If you have a late flight from FLL there is another option...the airport has baggage storage. More info at :

http://www.broward.org/Airport/Services/Pages/Default.aspx

Public Baggage Storage is available in Terminals 1, 2, 3, and 4. Enjoy exploring the airport or surrounding communities without the impediment of having to take your luggage with you. For more information, call 954-359-5505

Terminal Hours Days

1 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Saturday, Sunday

2 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Seven days a week

3 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Saturday, Sunday

4 9 a.m. - Noon Saturday, Sunday

We are on CB in March. Did you notice if the coffee bar next to the International Cafe had sugar free flavor syrups for specialty coffees? Hope you enjoyed your cruise.

Edited by philv

If you have a late flight from FLL there is another option...the airport has baggage storage. More info at :

http://www.broward.org/Airport/Services/Pages/Default.aspx

Public Baggage Storage is available in Terminals 1, 2, 3, and 4. Enjoy exploring the airport or surrounding communities without the impediment of having to take your luggage with you. For more information, call 954-359-5505

Terminal Hours Days

1 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Saturday, Sunday

2 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Seven days a week

3 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Saturday, Sunday

4 9 a.m. - Noon Saturday, Sunday

We stored our bags while we went to a movie last month after our cruise. Our flight was an evening flight. The cost to store the bags was $6 each and have to be picked up by 5pm.

I noticed the cruises you have been on. It reminded me of ours because I am a teacher and can only go on school vacations in April. Do you have school vacation in March?
That's my life--planning cruises around DH's school breaks. His March break is the week of St. Patrick's Day. I haven't booked a cruise for that week yet. We'll be sailing on the Caribbean Princess Dec. 27 through Jan. 3. His Christmas holiday break is great. He's a 12-month employee at his community college, so he does not get a long summer break--generally a couple of weeks from the end of July through the middle of August. Just two more years of putting up with planning everything around his schedule. We'll retire then and will be able to go whenever we want.