Taking wine onboard

sandy999

I do what Princess advertises and allows and you compare me to a prison inmate? Start making sense...

Your petty insults have motivated me to write a letter to Jan Swartz

compaining about the loophole.

No one wants to pay corkage, but it certainly irks someone who is

paying to see others cheating.

As I don't care, I have nothing to loose.

The situation may stay the same, or princess may close the loophole.

I've noticed that there are plenty of people who are so overwhelmed

with "me,me,me,me" that they lose all sight of common sense.

Other than for on-going amusement, you're really not worth replying to.

Thanks for the motivation!

Edited by pablo222

I can't imagine any reason on earth why I should care if a BVE guest brought a bottle of wine on board. It certainly doesn't affect me or my cruise.

I am a pretty relaxed "Live and Let Live" kind of person who just wants to have fun and hopes everybody else has fun. :)

I've noticed that there are plenty of people who are so overwhelmed

with "me,me,me,me" that they lose all sight of common sense.

Other than for on-going amusement, you're really not worth replying to.

Thanks for the motivation!

Here is a top tip, write the letter in ink instead of crayon.

If you care to read what is typed you will see I support paying corkage, I did not cheat the system, this is not about me, me, me at all. You are what is known as a "hater". You want something taken away from someone just so you can sit and grin. You lose nothing and gain nothing. What a wonderful use of ones energy at Christmas time. Ho, ho, ho.

You enjoy your letter writing. Maybe I will write one too and include the thousands of dollars of cruise invoices generated by myself and my family since my first BVE experience to total over 45 days at sea just in 2014 alone, with another 30 booked for 2015 across 8 people, all of whom have previously been Loyal to Royal (Diamond and Diamond Plus).

Edited by LMaxwell

Both of you ... to your rooms ... NOW !!!

Really? I though it was very gracious of the other poster

to share the benefit of his letter writing experience.

I was actually going to type a letter on a pc, and print it

on a laser printer -- but certainly someone will benefit knowing

about the shortcomings of crayon.

Really? :( How do you handle people who park in handicap spaces who don't seem handicapped, for example. Are you watching the waiters in the DR to be sure they are collecting the corkage fee at the other tables. I can assure you they often don't. There will always be people getting more than you in some way. Sorry, but you can't be the police for everything and tattle tailing seems very petty to me in this case.

JMHO Happy Cruising!

Petty? Perfect! I'd like to reply in a manner that the other poster

clearly understands!

Please spare us all. You are not doing yourself any favors with your childish behaviors. I believe OP's question has been sufficiently answered as to Princess policies.

BVE folks are "allowed to bring on one bottle of wine per person" and not subject to a corkage fee. It is not cheating. It is allowed. Get over it. ;) I did not even know it was allowed until the Princess rep booking the BVE for my daughter told me about it. :)

Am I correct that you can take on a bottle of wine each?

We did this on celebrity, packing them well in the suitcase as we didn't want to carry them around all day (pre cruise stay).

Our luggage was held by security who examined both bottles. They checked the seal and seemed to be looking for alcohol rather than wine. They let us take them onboard, but it was extra hassle we could do without.

Has anyone else had this experience?

We were just on the Crown out of LA -- they noticed we had 2 bottles of wine in our carry on. We weren't trying to hide it. They took out both bottles and inspected the seals very thoroughly. I thought the same thing, they wanted to make sure these weren't filled with hard alcohol. It was a bit of a hassle but of course, we were called down to security to claim it.

We were just on the Crown out of LA -- they noticed we had 2 bottles of wine in our carry on. We weren't trying to hide it. They took out both bottles and inspected the seals very thoroughly. I thought the same thing, they wanted to make sure these weren't filled with hard alcohol. It was a bit of a hassle but of course, we were called down to security to claim it.

Good point. Reseal all reused bottles correctly when packing them in your checked luggage.

I am puzzled.

If these were in your carry on, why were they not inspected as you boarded and why the need to go down to security after boarding to get them back?

If that's what they request, sure. Or Pedro can watch me and tell the staff:rolleyes:

I agree with what you have had to say on here. I see it as nothing but another onboard excursions wish specific stated benifits.

I do not think you have, untill the crayon remark, made the derogatory remarks you were accused of and that was after much bashing of you. I hop you have many more great voyages and BVE's.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...