Balcony Smoke Detector's On New RCL Ships?

qsuzi

Is it true that RCL has smoke detector's on cabin balconies on some ships/newer ships?

Not that I've observed, not even on their newest ship, Quantum of the Seas. Not sure that they would even work well in an open air environment such as a balcony, but I suspect that guests on neighboring balconies will be quick to report anyone who fails to observe the new policy

Not that I've observed, not even on their newest ship, Quantum of the Seas. Not sure that they would even work well in an open air environment such as a balcony, but I suspect that guests on neighboring balconies will be quick to report anyone who fails to observe the new policy

I am a non-smoker. Just thought the information was strange and wrong.

Yes. Also individual video monitors and microphones on each balcony. They are infrared for evening surveillance. All balcony activity will be closely monitored by a dedicated staff......

Thanks for the humor. :) Are you trying to give me ideas for the balcony? :)

Is it true that RCL has smoke detector's on cabin balconies on some ships/newer ships?

Yes - they are the rabid anti-smoking 'I can smell a cigarette at 100 yards - looking at a cigarette will kill me' fellow cruisers.:rolleyes:

Be sure, that if you want a quick smoke on your balcony (not allowed BTW) someone will bubble you.

You can fart as much as you like on your own balcony however (for the moment anyway):rolleyes:.

You can fart as much as you like on your own balcony however (for the moment anyway):rolleyes:.

Are you sure about that? I thought I read somewhere that the major cruise lines were instituting a "No Farting" policy. It can only be done on the Pool deck, on either the port or starboard side, depending on the prevailing wind. At least that's what I heard....:D

Yes. Also individual video monitors and microphones on each balcony. They are infrared for evening surveillance. All balcony activity will be closely monitored by a dedicated staff......

And shown on the adult pay per view channel ! This is a new revenue source for the cruise line.

M

Are you sure about that? I thought I read somewhere that the major cruise lines were instituting a "No Farting" policy. It can only be done on the Pool deck, on either the port or starboard side, depending on the prevailing wind. At least that's what I heard....:D

It's allowed in the pools also...tiny bubbles :eek:

Yep it´s true and great fun. Go out on your balcony for a ciggy and have a look for the right wind direction, then Position yourself Close to the balcony divider and blow towards the detector of your neighbouring cabin and set it off. Get rid of the ciggies before the authorities arrive and watch how your neighbours get in Trouble:D. Especially funny when they are the hardcore Smoking police;):p