Zpm?

lindaler

So we bought future cruise deposites with board credits and when we booked our next cruise we got the obc, but when I mentioned that we are also booking our cruise within 60 of returning home we should get obc with zpm or zpn our PCC said we only got one. Did anyone get both, future cruise credit for booking on board and the credits for booking within 60 days?

Edited by lindaler

So we bought future cruise deposites with board credits and when we booked our next cruise we got the obc, but when I mentioned that we are also booking our cruise within 60 of returning home we should get obc with zpm or zpn our PCC said we only got one. Did anyone get both, future cruise credit for booking on board and the credits for booking within 60 days?

For us we booked our cruise on board the ship. When we got home we received email for ZPM promo. Because we booked already on board we were not eligible for the ZPM. We were told by our TA that if we had just purchased a future cruise deposit and then booked when we got home we would have been eligible for both. I also confirmed this with HAL.

You only qualify for ZPM if you book a future cruise deposit not a definite cruise while onboard. What got me was that I am a 3 star Mariner and did not know this! I have a lot of learning to do.

For us we booked our cruise on board the ship. When we got home we received email for ZPM promo. Because we booked already on board we were not eligible for the ZPM. We were told by our TA that if we had just purchased a future cruise deposit and then booked when we got home we would have been eligible for both. I also confirmed this with HAL.

You only qualify for ZPM if you book a future cruise deposit not a definite cruise while onboard. What got me was that I am a 3 star Mariner and did not know this! I have a lot of learning to do.

I think I should have said a future cruise credite not deposit. still learning!

You need a new PCC. We get our OBC (from our HAL PCC) for both (from Future Cruise Deposit and from promo ZPM for booking within 60 days). Never a problem. Sometimes we get the ZPM even if it is beyond the 60 day window.

DaveOKC

Once HAL said "no". In response to my questioning this, the Mariner Society said "yes". So we have always gotten both.

TA sometimes says she will have to ask, but it has not been a problem.

Has this,been when you have booked a cruise on the ship,or,when you have purchased a future cruise deposit on thee ship and then gone home and within 60 days telephoned HAL or your TA and booked a cruise.l

Has this,been when you have booked a cruise on the ship,or,when you have purchased a future cruise deposit on thee ship and then gone home and within 60 days telephoned HAL or your TA and booked a cruise.l

At home through a TA within 60 days of a cruise, with a FCD/FCC booked on the ship.

Sometimes I get the email, sometimes not, for the ZPM promo.

It is recorded on your Mariner Number so it shows up on your account when you book.

You need a new PCC. We get our OBC (from our HAL PCC) for both (from Future Cruise Deposit and from promo ZPM for booking within 60 days). Never a problem. Sometimes we get the ZPM even if it is beyond the 60 day window.

DaveOKC

So, it is possible that HAL sometimes extends the 60-day window? We purchased the future cruise deposit on the Westerdam last week and received the email yesterday saying that we needed to book by February 11th. We were hoping to wait until the new itineraries came out so that we could book a cruise in May 2016.

I would appreciate any insight on how to ask for this. Is this a request that my travel agent could make, or would it be better if I were to call HAL and ask them myself?

Edited by polySeraph

So, it is possible that HAL sometimes extends the 60-day window? We purchased the future cruise deposit on the Westerdam last week and received the email yesterday saying that we needed to book by February 11th. We were hoping to wait until the new itineraries came out so that we could book a cruise in May 2016.

I would appreciate any insight on how to ask for this. Is this a request that my travel agent could make, or would it be better if I were to call HAL and ask them myself?

It is not a guarantee that you will get the ZPM after the 60 day window, but I have gotten it a few times. All you can do is try and see

Edited by DaveOKC

Just a quick note, all of the conversation here has revolved around combining the ZPM (Welcome Back) OBC with the Future Cruise Deposit Credit.

You do not have to have a FCD in order to get the ZPM credit. All that is necessary is that you book the cruise within 60(?) days of the end of your cruise.

You may have to ask, it seems that all TAs and even all PCCs don't know about it, but it should apply to most bookings.

My TA tried to use the ZPM with our FCD and was denied. She said it was not available with the rate code we were booking under. It may have been a Flash Sale rate....can't remember now.

Combine this with what Lisa said above and I am lead to believe one can not ALWAYS use both.

Well, my PCC came in this morning to my emails and questions as to why she wouldn't include both on board credits to our booking. Here is her answer:

"I’m not sure were the confusion was on this but yes you can have the ZPM promotion. The only time you cannot have this promotion is when you book on-board. My apologies as I guess I misunderstood you. You now have a total of $200 per person ship board credit.

Happy Holidays."

I'm not sure why she is confused as she was the one who made the reservation so she knows it wasn't made on board the ship and I asked her at least twice about it. She is not creating a lot of confidence in me in the short time we have used a PCC. Always before I have done all the work myself and as of now it seems as though I would have been better off.

I am not sure why there are two codes for the after cruise bonus, zpm and zpn but you can only get one of those. And if you buy a future cruise deposit on board then you also get an on board credit when you book your next cruise. For those who are asking, everyone who has cruised with HAL gets a chance for the bonus if they rebook within 60 days of returning home. The amount varies based on which level of cabin you choose and the length of the cruise.

I am not sure why there are two codes for the after cruise bonus, zpm and zpn but you can only get one of those. And if you buy a future cruise deposit on board then you also get an on board credit when you book your next cruise. For those who are asking, everyone who has cruised with HAL gets a chance for the bonus if they rebook within 60 days of returning home. The amount varies based on which level of cabin you choose and the length of the cruise.

I asked about this once and was told that ZPM applies to cruises and ZPN applies to cruise tours (Alaska).

Edited by richwmn

Well, my PCC came in this morning to my emails and questions as to why she wouldn't include both on board credits to our booking. Here is her answer:

"I’m not sure were the confusion was on this but yes you can have the ZPM promotion. The only time you cannot have this promotion is when you book on-board. My apologies as I guess I misunderstood you. You now have a total of $200 per person ship board credit.

Happy Holidays."

I'm not sure why she is confused as she was the one who made the reservation so she knows it wasn't made on board the ship and I asked her at least twice about it. She is not creating a lot of confidence in me in the short time we have used a PCC. Always before I have done all the work myself and as of now it seems as though I would have been better off.

Well, at least you now got the promo! Congrats. It pays to read these boards!

DaveOKC

Well, at least you now got the promo! Congrats. It pays to read these boards!

DaveOKC

This is such an educational forum. I have learned a lot and find when on a cruise talking to others, they have never heard of things I learned on CC. I am very glad I found this site. I tell others about it all the time and know I have saved so much from hints on this site.

I spoke to a supervisor and one of the questions I asked was what benefit was there to have a PCC. Her words were if you know how to stay on top of the upgrades, price drops and benefits the only benefit to having a PCC is that you have the same person you always talk to. I really have found 9 out of ten people I have spoken to when I called HAL were helpful and knowledgeable. She says that it sounds like those who learn from this forum may know more than a lot of TAs and PCCs. Again, good to have all of you smart people sharing what you learn. And one thing is: if you don't ask you probably won't get it. If you think there is a chance to save money it can't hurt to ask.

We just got back recently from a Caribbean on the Westerdam.

Booked an alaska from home almost immediately on the ready set sail upgrade promo with one of the two future cruise deposits we've got prepaid and totally forgot about the ZPM code email until it arrived in my inbox several days later.

Had TA call HAL to see if they would honor it and happily the extra $$ are now ours.

Incidentally has anyone noticed that the FCD program has gotten more streamlined and the required deposits smaller ? The one we just used to book a 14 day cruise was 250 that we had "bought" last year. At that time there had been a whole bunch of different options going up in value depending on the length of the cruise you could use it on, you really needed to think about what you might be looking at which isn't always easy!

But this November on the Westerdam you could buy FCDs for 100 that would hold anything from 3-21 days and you would get back between 50 and 75 dollars in OBC.

Anyhow it was a very good deal for us because that 100 was canadian dollars and with the exchange the way it is now we will get it almost entirely back in USD shipboard credit.

Glad to have learned the best way to book the next trip is to buy that credit and use the ZPM code once we are home!

Carla

I spoke to a supervisor and one of the questions I asked was what benefit was there to have a PCC. Her words were if you know how to stay on top of the upgrades, price drops and benefits the only benefit to having a PCC is that you have the same person you always talk to. I really have found 9 out of ten people I have spoken to when I called HAL were helpful and knowledgeable. She says that it sounds like those who learn from this forum may know more than a lot of TAs and PCCs. Again, good to have all of you smart people sharing what you learn. And one thing is: if you don't ask you probably won't get it. If you think there is a chance to save money it can't hurt to ask.

I've learned a ton from these boards and I do my best to pay it forward. The more everyone knows the better.