Drink prices removed

Clarea

OK, just received an immediate reply from Michael Bayley (or whoever he has do his correspondence)

The reply to my questions "is it true menus no longer show prices"

"no it is not true"

So, now he has me wanting to back up my claim.

Need one of you that have sailed recently to post pictures of current menus. The more the better. Want to send them back and ask about them.

Also going to asked this question in the current Adventure thread (which I'm leaving on in 10 days)

Sorry, Michael, I really believe the people here on Cruise critic before I believe you

I can't imagine they would remove prices.

I also can't imagine they would now be bascially charging $12 a drink with tip.

I bet that wouldn't last long. While they may sell a few more packages, everyone else on the boat is going to drink less at those prices.

Something doest add up here. It was status quo when I was on Brilliance end of Jan..and headed on EOS in April so will find out first hand I guess.

I've noticed that many land-based restaurants don't have drink prices listed, either, unless they're running a happy-hour special or something of that sort.

And it's not the "if you have to ask, you can't afford it" type, but the middle-of-the-road chains.

Yes, I noticed that the drink of the day listed in the Cruise Compass was $10.00 plus 18% gratuity everyday. I always remember the drink of the day with pricing well below $10.00.

I hope you had a good cruise! I tried to look for an option to private message you, but doesn't look like there is one.

I was just on the Quantum 2 weeks ago and the prices are all listed on the menus. Yes, the drink prices were all $12. Outrageously expensive! I do not buy the drink package as I generally only have one a day. maybe the prices have gone up to make people feel better about what they spending the drink package? Now you only have to drink 5 drinks to make your money's worth.

I can't imagine they would remove prices.

I also can't imagine they would now be bascially charging $12 a drink with tip.

I bet that wouldn't last long. While they may sell a few more packages, everyone else on the boat is going to drink less at those prices.

Something doest add up here. It was status quo when I was on Brilliance end of Jan..and headed on EOS in April so will find out first hand I guess.

I don't have to imagine it. I lived it.

I hope you had a good cruise! I tried to look for an option to private message you, but doesn't look like there is one.

Hi! It was a great week. Awesome weather and some very needed time away from the cold and snow. I had to snow blow the driveway when I got home.:rolleyes:

Thanks for asking. Are you ever going to make it aboard Indy?

Hi! It was a great week. Awesome weather and some very needed time away from the cold and snow. I had to snow blow the driveway when I got home.:rolleyes:

Thanks for asking. Are you ever going to make it aboard Indy?

Glad you had a good time. This winter was terrible....so long, I'm sure the same for you. Probably even worse than where I am.

Not sure if I'll ever make it on Indy. We are taking a break from cruising for awhile...been going to Florida instead, which I've been enjoying greatly. I miss the Caribbean, but I feel like Royal is taking so much away....time for a break.

How was the gift shop, did they improve it?

Glad you had a good time. This winter was terrible....so long, I'm sure the same for you. Probably even worse than where I am.

Not sure if I'll ever make it on Indy. We are taking a break from cruising for awhile...been going to Florida instead, which I've been enjoying greatly. I miss the Caribbean, but I feel like Royal is taking so much away....time for a break.

How was the gift shop, did they improve it?

It is greatly improved from last year but still nothing like the old "Logo shop". The only t-shirts they had were size small.:rolleyes: and there was nothing else that appealed to me and I already have a ship model. My 15% C&A discount went unused.

I've noticed that many land-based restaurants don't have drink prices listed, either, unless they're running a happy-hour special or something of that sort.

And it's not the "if you have to ask, you can't afford it" type, but the middle-of-the-road chains.[/QU

In Canada the servers ask "What do you want to drink?" and you have to ask for a menu if you want to check prices - same as above - middle-of-the-road chains. As for the prices that some are so outraged about - seem on par with again with chain type family restaurants. On land vacations in USA I don't remember these incredibly cheap prices for drinks that are said to be "normal". Wine on ship has always been over priced I thought but a simple mixed drink was reasonable. The "fruity" drinks without much alcohol may be priced more because of the labor and time to make drink and to garnish.

I suppose it must depend on the market where you live and drink. I don't like the big hike in drink prices that seem to be happening on RCI, either. HOWEVER, a $10+ cocktail (pre-tip) is about normal in most DFW (I'm in Plano/Frisco) reasonably nice restaurants. A $12+ martini (and not w/ call vodka) is not at all unusual here, and for lots of LA restaurants would be on the low side.

Or maybe I'm just drinking in the wrong places.

OK, just received an immediate reply from Michael Bayley (or whoever he has do his correspondence)

The reply to my questions "is it true menus no longer show prices"

"no it is not true"

So, now he has me wanting to back up my claim.

Need one of you that have sailed recently to post pictures of current menus. The more the better. Want to send them back and ask about them.

Also going to asked this question in the current Adventure thread (which I'm leaving on in 10 days)

Sorry, Michael, I really believe the people here on Cruise critic before I believe you

We were on Legend OTS recently and the new menus show drink prices The $10 drinks are on a section of the foldout with the price shown once for all the drinks in that section.

I think someone alluded to this earlier, but assuming it's not some sort of printing mistake (that the Bar Manager on our recent cruise was unaware of), they could actually have dynamic (Royal's favorite concept lately) drink pricing that changes on a day to day basis. Maybe even hour to hour as demand changes.

If you have questions regarding the pricing of drinks or drink package pricing, who would you ask on the ship ,guest relations?

If you have questions regarding the pricing of drinks or drink package pricing, who would you ask on the ship ,guest relations?

The Beverage Manager would be the one I would ask.