Drink prices removed

Clarea

Did you notice the prices were higher this time for the same drinks vs. in the past?

No, for the drinks we normally buy, the prices seemed the same to us. The drink prices went up a year or so ago, and I've not noticed an increase since then.

In the equivalent table-side drink brochures at land restaurants they often don't list drink prices anyway, so it doesn't really surprise me. Annoys, yes, surprises, no. It's probably easier to convince someone to order a drink when they aren't staring at a $10 price tag.

Conversely it's why I rarely order mixed drinks at home because I have no way of knowing which are the $6-7 ones and which are more like double that.

Just off the Brilliance and there was a guy that brought 3 different receipts up to the bar and asked the bartenders how he was charged 3 different prices the same drink.

The two bartenders really looked at the receipts and were puzzled. It wasn't a matter of getting better alchohol in one drink. The wording was the exact same, but rang up with three different prices.

That is a little scary. I do the drink package, but if you are paying per drink, I'd expect accurate pricing.

No, for the drinks we normally buy, the prices seemed the same to us. The drink prices went up a year or so ago, and I've not noticed an increase since then.

That's good. I did not like the idea of a $12 vodka/cranberry, although those are normal big city prices

That is very dirty of RCI if that is what they are doing fleet wide!

It's a business, and they need to have prices listed. Absurd that they don't. And very very dirty imho.

I suppose this will force more of the people to maybe buy the drink package so they don't worry about how much they spend on drinks? But then again, there are drinks that are over your allowed "limit" even with a drink package so.....

As someone who always buys the package it is not as big a deal, but if I was to buy each drink, I would not be impressed, would complain and make a big deal of it each time I bought a drink.

RCCL has a new President & CEO (Michael Bayley) perhaps he has something to do with the change ? :confused:

His email address is - Mbayley@rccl.com

Just shot off an email to Michael.....EVERYONE else should do the same!

On my last cruise (Liberty), I was charged different prices for the same drink. I had the beverage manager correct it.

Just off the Brilliance and there was a guy that brought 3 different receipts up to the bar and asked the bartenders how he was charged 3 different prices the same drink.

The two bartenders really looked at the receipts and were puzzled. It wasn't a matter of getting better alchohol in one drink. The wording was the exact same, but rang up with three different prices.

That is a little scary. I do the drink package, but if you are paying per drink, I'd expect accurate pricing.

It's the IT guys, I tell ya'. Somehow they got their hand in this since they are notorious for screw ups.:p:D

That's good. I did not like the idea of a $12 vodka/cranberry, although those are normal big city prices

Ha, ha, big city prices are $63 for 3 matinis in Manhatten recently.:eek:

Ha, ha, big city prices are $63 for 3 matinis in Manhatten recently.:eek:

the difference is you expect to pay 15 for a drink in NYC ( we go every year ) not on a ship, if I think I am getting rip-off I will go to another cruise line

the difference is you expect to pay 15 for a drink in NYC ( we go every year ) not on a ship, if I think I am getting rip-off I will go to another cruise line
But Quantum is sailing out of NY (well, technically Bayonne) so RCI figures they can charge the prices that people from there are used to. I have noticed that many airport duty free liquor shops in the Caribbean price themselves a little under NY prices, which means they are HIGHER than what I pay in Florida.

Thom

That is crazy, who wants to buy something if you do not know the cost?? I thought the drinks were reasonably priced on last cruise. My on occasion I do like some high end stuff that I would need to know the cost before ordering ( Johnny walker blue for example)

I agree...I would never order something without knowing the price. I guess the bar tenders and servers will have to memorize the prices as I am sure they will be asked repeatedly.

But Quantum is sailing out of NY (well, technically Bayonne) so RCI figures they can charge the prices that people from there are used to. I have noticed that many airport duty free liquor shops in the Caribbean price themselves a little under NY prices, which means they are HIGHER than what I pay in Florida.

Thom

I get it. It's Royal's new Dynamic Drink Prices policy. ;)

It was interesting seeing them change out all the menus as Vision sailed toward Port Everglades following her season in Colon, Panama in May. I would say most drinks went up $1 or $2 for the US market.

In contrast, I found it odd that Legend was completely removing all 'European stock' from the bars and replacing all the German beers with the likes of Bud and Miller Lite. I would have thought there would be many willing to pay a premium for good beers in the US market.

Odd that I did not catch pricing missing on the Quantum maiden voyage.

I get it. It's Royal's new Dynamic Drink Prices policy. ;)

Does that mean we have to order our drinks 3 months in advance and tell them which bar, what drink we want, and at what time to deliver the drink?

Gosh, I thought ordering dinner was difficult! :)

Does that mean we have to order our drinks 3 months in advance and tell them which bar, what drink we want, and at what time to deliver the drink?

Gosh, I thought ordering dinner was difficult! :)

Don't give them any ideas!:eek:

On Adventure this year I discovered a drink I really enjoyed in the Champagne bar, a Torched Cherry Sangria, made by the lovely Dennis, it was $6.95 . On Quantum I was looking forward to having a few more until I saw it on the menu at $12 plus gratuity !!!!!! Sorry , don't care how nice the drink is I am not paying that hike in price:mad:

Edited by heatherb1958

RCCL has a new President & CEO (Michael Bayley) perhaps he has something to do with the change ? :confused:

His email address is - Mbayley@rccl.com

Whilst I don't agree with the change I hardly think since he was appointed only a couple of weeks ago he could have made the decision and arranged for the printing and distribution of the bar menus in that time

If they don't have the drink prices posted, how do you know what you can order if you have the drink package??

All you can do is ask the bar server the prices for every drink you are considering.

I received a response back saying that the menus without pricing were a printers error and it is being corrected.

Will have to book another cruise to verify.

uummmm yeah, right... printers error :confused:

More likely a decision made by some AE (Accounting Engineer). Car Companies are loaded with them. And After a few sailings, they noticed that in had a negative impact on revenue instead of boosting it, so they might be reversing the decision.

JM2cents

dp