Drink prices removed

Clarea

Could be that the bars menus without prices was a decision made by someone at RCI in the time when they were without a president and CEO. Bayley was just recently appointed and the menus would have been printed prior to his appointment. Perhaps he is just finding out about this and putting an end to it.

Ken,

Lets hope that is the case.

Don

There was no drink pricing at Oasis Schoonerbar in october transatlantic. Not even a list of available drinks. So I did not order anything without asking prices. I would have ordered more drinks if I had a list of drinks. I like trying something different. Probably something Royal would not promote when you have the drinkpackages.

I would never buy an alcoholic drink package as I do not drink that much. We liked the wine and dine package though which will disappear.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I drank at the Schooner Bar on the same cruise, and every time there was a bar list with prices. Not that it made much difference, I was on the package.

There was no drink pricing at Oasis Schoonerbar in october transatlantic. Not even a list of available drinks. So I did not order anything without asking prices. I would have ordered more drinks if I had a list of drinks. I like trying something different. Probably something Royal would not promote when you have the drinkpackages.

I would never buy an alcoholic drink package as I do not drink that much. We liked the wine and dine package though which will disappear.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Funny, we have sailed over 25 cruises on Royal Caribbean. We used to get the Wine and dine package but for us the Drink package is a much better buy. To each their own.

I think someone alluded to this earlier, but assuming it's not some sort of printing mistake (that the Bar Manager on our recent cruise was unaware of), they could actually have dynamic (Royal's favorite concept lately) drink pricing that changes on a day to day basis. Maybe even hour to hour as demand changes.

Dynamic and nominal. RCI could apply those two words to everything that has a charge aboard the ships.

TGI Fridays is being sued in federal court for this practice...

I think they were already sued, and some stores were fined. My SIL worked for them in the past and someone at her location told her not to put alcohol in the frozen drinks because people wouldn't notice.

...they could actually have dynamic (Royal's favorite concept lately) drink pricing that changes on a day to day basis. Maybe even hour to hour as demand changes.

:)

Are you sure you don't work for Royal? Cause you can brainstorm with the best of them.

Are you sure you don't work for Royal? Cause you can brainstorm with the best of them.

I can hear it now:

Me: "Can you please tell me how much this drink costs?"

Server: "Sorry sir, we won't know until you are charged for it."

;)

This will keep us from drinking. We rarely order a drink when we go out for dinner if the prices are not listed as we do not like the shock. Guess our bill will just be less. I think there are few people out there that like to order or buy anything that doesn't have a price listed. We rarely spent more then $40 per day on alcohol anyway so guess Royal won't miss it.

I have been cruising with RCCL 2-4 times a year since 2009. I have noticed that my favorite mixed drink which is Jack and Ginger went from $6.63 to almost $10 a glass. This increase happened after my Dec 2013 Oasis Cruise. So the only time I get that now is during Happy Hour. I have also noticed most of the new bartenders using the jigger to measure the pour. There are still bartenders out there that free pour as well.

As far as the drink package goes, I got the Beer and Wine package on the Indy cruise that I took earlier this month. I bought the package on the ship as I was using OBC to offset the cost. I did enjoy the package as it allowed me to drink freely any beer and wine I wanted outside the 5-8:30 Happy Hour that Diamond and above and Suites guests have.

I can hear it now:

Me: "Can you please tell me how much this drink costs?"

Server: "Sorry sir, we won't know until you are charged for it."

;)

It sounds more like it is the former Speaker of the House that is now working for RCI.

He said something about having different prices in different parts of the world and being too difficult to keep the menus up to date. I did not find that explanation convincing.

They have different itineraries, entertainment and excursions published, I’m sure they could keep up with the drink prices.

No prices on the Voyager earlier this month. Staff advised that it was due to the cost of printing different pricing for the Asian and Australian markets. I witnessed quite a few passengers who were not happy about it (including myself)!

No price = no charge, right?

"Bartender, I'd like a lava flow please."

"Coming right up sir... here you go, can I have your seapass please?"

(Drinking quickly) "Oh, I thought since there were no prices listed, drinks were included."

What do you think? :)

(Drinking quickly) "Oh, I thought since there were no prices listed, drinks were included."

I like it!

"Sir, do you see that plank over there? Keep walking..."

Now in the frequently asked questions section of rccl it says the premium and ultimate packages apply a $10 credit to drinks (down from $12). It sounds like they are upping the price of their drinks and lowering what the drink package covers. We may need to pay addtl money for every drink we order now. Im going on my first cruise in april on oots and i really hope rccl doesn't make it my last by doing something stupid.

Now in the frequently asked questions section of rccl it says the premium and ultimate packages apply a $10 credit to drinks (down from $12). It sounds like they are upping the price of their drinks and lowering what the drink package covers. We may need to pay addtl money for every drink we order now. Im going on my first cruise in april on oots and i really hope rccl doesn't make it my last by doing something stupid.

I think the FAQ section has not been updated since they raised the cocktail limkit to $12 in the packages. This is the most current document I've seen:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

I think the FAQ section has not been updated since they raised the cocktail limkit to $12 in the packages. This is the most current document I've seen:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

I see. Thank you clarea.

And I see in the fine print on this attachment it states "gratuities are NOT included". Everything I have read and everything my friends have told me up until now was that gratuities are included in the price of drinks.

I don't mind paying a little more for my vacation to enjoy myself, but I would just like to be clear on the rules before I invest in a $700-$800 ultimate liquor package for me and my lady friend. I guess I should call RCCL, but they may change the rules another three times before I sail so maybe I should wait.