Dear Celebrity

ORV

Your website is getting worse, not better.

Historically I've always been able to search and plan cruises. I am one that always wondered what people were talking about when they complained about the website.

Now the planning engine is so fouled up it's beyond laughable. I simply can not use it to determine prices or save a cruise the way I used to.

Just fire some people and get some competent IT people. Seriously, it shouldn't be like this.

I was just on the website and was able to place a hold on a cabin.

Yes, I could have done that, BUT, I wasn't interested in placing a hold on a cabin. I only wanted to see the breakdown of the prices, I only wanted to save some cruises in My Celebrity like I've done many times in the past.

Did you get a list of the breakdown of the prices, fees, taxes grats etc? You do know that frequently the price of the cruise will change from page to page on the planning engine? I've seen it many times do that, without changing categories.

I don't book directly anyway, I always use a TA but I hate wasting her time until I've made some decisions. The way the website is now I simply can't compare cruises to even make a decision.

Edited by ORV

Dear eeeeaaa,

Not sure what you are trying to accomplish, but we work very hard to provide information to our IT team in order to patch up any issues. From my understanding, our website issues are slowly, but surely being resolved.

Surely you gest (Don't call me Shirley), your website is horrible! And it is NOT getting fixed!

Dear eeeeaaa,

Not sure what you are trying to accomplish, but we work very hard to provide information to our IT team in order to patch up any issues. From my understanding, our website issues are slowly, but surely being resolved.

The accomplishment should be, for you to pass on all of the hundreds of

complaints to the IT department and then get these issues resolved in

a timely manner, not the months and months it is taking.

It should not take that long, ask your competitor cruise lines for help!!!!! :rolleyes:

The Australian version seems pretty good except for weekends sometimes when they do maintainance. Its almost exactly same looking and layout of US site but pricing in $AUD.

I had issues when using Internet Explorer but that seemed to be Java or Scripts. I switch to Chrome and all is good.

People having trouble, maybe try Australia site, you can still log in to Captains Club and do same as you do on US site, just dont go making a booking otherwise you will be paying in $ AUD which is way more than $ US right now.

I was just trying to book a cruise and got as far as the page asking if I wanted to add a new guest or a past guest and my husband's name was listed. I clicked on his name and then wanted to go on with the booking but "continue" was faded and "hold booking" was okay but I don't want that. When I clicked on "continue" it told me I had to update my dining requirements, etc. but it won't let me go onto the next part to do that. What a pain....now I have to phone and book. I like to do it online as then I can surprise my husband later on!!!

Been trying to book shore excusions but when I click the shore excursions link all I get is the rotating ball...never loads. This has been happening for 2 weeks and on different computers. Guess we will book independently and X will lose that money.

We booked b-t-b cruises on Oct. 29. When I sign into my account, the two cruises are listed and are marked "booked."

When I click on the "Manage Reservation" tab for each cruise, it takes me to the detail page where under Reservation Status it says: "On Hold - Expires 24 Hours." Huh? Of course it's said that for quite a while now. Haven't a clue where that came from.

We booked b-t-b cruises on Oct. 29. When I sign into my account, the two cruises are listed and are marked "booked."

When I click on the "Manage Reservation" tab for each cruise, it takes me to the detail page where under Reservation Status it says: "On Hold - Expires 24 Hours." Huh? Of course it's said that for quite a while now. Haven't a clue where that came from.

I have the same issue with the "On Hold - Expires in 24 Hours", and I called Celebrity. It's a glitch in their computer system.

Oh what a surprise....LOL

For the last two days I've been trying to complete my online check in. Once I get almost all of my flight details and things entered and go to hit save and continue the screen freezes and then all of my info is lost. I've tried entering it numerous times without success. Now I can't even sign into my profile. Hope it gets sorted out soon.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The Celebrity website is truly bad.

I can't login or get a forgotten password (though I think I'm using the correct one) sent via email trying from my computer, tablet, and smartphone.

I can't search for future cruises.

And, my favorite: when I try to go to the contact us by email screen, I can't.

I can, though, get to my current cruise booking.

I don't understand how a company doesn't make this a priority.

Dear eeeeaaa,

I, for one, have noticed very many improvements to the Celebrity website recently. Unfortunately, many will see many improvements as new issues just because something has changed! You are in a lose-lose situation [see below].

Just tried logging in and now I require a 7-15 letter password . Mine is 6 and I have been using this for years. What the ????:mad:

It is just good practice to try to make the passwords more secure. And, by the way, it is very bad practice to have used the same password "for years".

Just as an aside, have you tried different browsers? Chrome is the worst because it is seemingly not compatible with many sites. Thunderbird is good as is windows exploder. Opera sometimes works YMMV

It would seem to me that Celebrity would want to make their site compatible with the most popular browsers, and not necessarily obscure ones.

In answer to your question, I usually use Chrome, but also have Firefox & IE that I've used with their site.

While I don't disagree with the poster about a safer password setup the timing and implementation of it couldn't be worse. Celebrity IT needs to focus on the basics.

I appreciate Celebrity Cruises input on all the issues here. I understand that they are caught between a rock and a hard place on the IT issue.

For what it's worth, my issues had nothing to do with logging in, until it did. I can log in now though, with my old password.

I, for one, have noticed very many improvements to the Celebrity website recently. Unfortunately, many will see many improvements as new issues just because something has changed! You are in a lose-lose situation [see below].

It is just good practice to try to make the passwords more secure. And, by the way, it is very bad practice to have used the same password "for years".

And by the way - that would be my choice , not yours and not Celebritys.

You also missed the point entirely -

And by the way - that would be my choice , not yours and not Celebritys.

You also missed the point entirely -

Organisations are rightly criticised for not having secure websites and should not be criticised for making them more secure. That was my point - and all I chose to comment on in whatever statements you wrote.

Edited by Project_gal

Oddly enough, I have managed to be able to login to my Celebrity account every time a new thread has been posted about how horrible the website is. I don't even have the most current browser version for any of the browsers that I do use and I don't seem to have any of the problems that have been reported on here.

Now, I do agree that there is a long way to go to improve the Celebrity website to a point where it should've been all along. Broken links, links that don't provide the information you think you're getting, and challenges to find information that should be easily available to anyone looking for it... this is where Celebrity really needs to focus their time and energy.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

Dear eeeeaaa,

I TRULY appreciate your comments and you trying to help. It is nice to know that CC at least does monitor the comments and pass on the info if needed.

Having said all that the website (which I realize you do not run) is horrible many days and just bad most days.

Regardless of what you have been told it does not live up to much of any standard. As I stated in another thread at least you would think the website would allow someone to make a payment! Taking money should be priority one...

Just saying...