MITSUGIRLYS extensive extra Sky review

mitsugirly

Great review again! Can't wait to read your next one for the cruise you are currently on.

It seems like we have always had issues with our stops in the Bahamas too....cool rainy weather, can't go to the private island, or the time in port is too short for the money you would have to pay for a good excursion.

You really need to try the Oasis or the Allure, I know Sakari would love it!!

Hope you're having a great time!

Thanks for the comments.

I have come to a FEW conclusions over the past 5 months....

I will NEVER cruise to the Bahamas during the winter months. It will have to be to the Caribbean. The weather is just not warm enough for me.

I will NEVER cruise out of a northern port during spring/winter/fall...again the ride from the port to the Caribbean and back again...just too cold for my taste. :p:D

Absolutely positively would do the Allure or the Oasis...it just cost way too much for my taste though and that's been holding me back since the Oasis came out. :(

Great report! The reverse Moving Walkway story at the beginning was pretty funny. I didn't know that the port had those running when they use that area of the Terminal. We walked through that area when we sailed on the Valor, and those were always turned off. (Even on boarding day, in which they were rushing everyone onto the ship because of Wilma.)

Anyway, it's pretty interesting to see the differences between this ship and the Sun (which I've sailed on.)

Great report! The reverse Moving Walkway story at the beginning was pretty funny. I didn't know that the port had those running when they use that area of the Terminal. We walked through that area when we sailed on the Valor, and those were always turned off. (Even on boarding day, in which they were rushing everyone onto the ship because of Wilma.)

Anyway, it's pretty interesting to see the differences between this ship and the Sun (which I've sailed on.)

Thanks and glad you enjoyed it. I was excited myself doing the "back-to-belly" cruise with the 2 of them knowing they were sister ships and were very similar. It's always neat to see the little differences in ships. :)

Not to be pushy, but when do you think you will start your review for the cruise you just went on? Inquiring minds want to know... :D

I am actually sitting here working on getting the rest of the pictures downloaded from the tablet I transferred all of my pics from my camera SD card to while on vacation...back to a SD disc and then onto my computer.

I will be doing my folders to separate the days and get everything in order tonight. Then start picking the pics that I want to share and getting them hosted online and ready.

Since today is tax day :mad: I'm not sure how much I'll be able to get done. Then Friday is Sakari's birthday, so I'm planning for that as well.

Hmmm, I'm "guessing" maybe by next Monday fingers crossed. If it happens before that, it will be a miracle. :p

Did you ever get your rings fixed?

As an aside, I'm constantly having to go to the jeweler to get my rings tightened. I can hear the main diamond rattling around or if the ring catches on something I know I have to go get the prongs tightened. I think the biggest issue is that my ring is 18k gold. Softer gold = prongs bend more easily. I have a 14k gold ring and that doesn't happen to it very often - only twice in 30 years and that's when I got the reinforced prongs.

Looking forward to your next review!

BTW, have you ever done the NCL excursion to The Baths? I'm considering that one but not sure if it is worth it.

I am actually sitting here working on getting the rest of the pictures downloaded from the tablet I transferred all of my pics from my camera SD card to while on vacation...back to a SD disc and then onto my computer.

I will be doing my folders to separate the days and get everything in order tonight. Then start picking the pics that I want to share and getting them hosted online and ready.

Since today is tax day :mad: I'm not sure how much I'll be able to get done. Then Friday is Sakari's birthday, so I'm planning for that as well.

Hmmm, I'm "guessing" maybe by next Monday fingers crossed. If it happens before that, it will be a miracle. :p

I figured you were back from your cruise by now, so I came looking! Maybe I will get to read the start of your review before we sail on Independence of the Seas, but if not I'll come find you after we get home.

Hope Sakari has a wonderful birthday! I'm sure she will. :D

Thanks for the comments.

I have come to a FEW conclusions over the past 5 months....

I will NEVER cruise to the Bahamas during the winter months. It will have to be to the Caribbean. The weather is just not warm enough for me.

I will NEVER cruise out of a northern port during spring/winter/fall...again the ride from the port to the Caribbean and back again...just too cold for my taste. :p:D

Absolutely positively would do the Allure or the Oasis...it just cost way too much for my taste though and that's been holding me back since the Oasis came out. :(

Well, I have to agree with you on sailing out of the NorthEast any time other than Summer. I refuse to do it regardless of the good deals available. It's just not an enjoyable cruise for my family. We like sun and warm weather. It's just too cold off season.

Watch for sales on Royal Caribbean. My husband couldn't wait to get on one of those mega ships! I finally found a kids sale free deal and booked it a year out. Personally, I didn't love the cruise. The ship itself was AMAZING! The dining room food was awful. The pay restaurants were wonderful (at a hefty price!) I found the kid food very limited. Many times, we had to pay for Johnny Rockets for my boys to get chicken tenders. However, my whole family wants to go back! Haha For the price, I'm in no rush. However, I heard rumors that once the Oasis comes to Port Canaveral in 2017 the prices could drop a bit.

Anxiously awaiting your review of the Pride!

Mare

• 2 weeks later...
Did you ever get your rings fixed?

As an aside, I'm constantly having to go to the jeweler to get my rings tightened. I can hear the main diamond rattling around or if the ring catches on something I know I have to go get the prongs tightened. I think the biggest issue is that my ring is 18k gold. Softer gold = prongs bend more easily. I have a 14k gold ring and that doesn't happen to it very often - only twice in 30 years and that's when I got the reinforced prongs.

Looking forward to your next review!

BTW, have you ever done the NCL excursion to The Baths? I'm considering that one but not sure if it is worth it.

Actually I did and I'm so happy. I graduated with a guy from High School that has been a jeweler for many years (and his daughter went to school with my kids back when they were in high school as well). He fixed my ring I purchased on the ship for only $35 (where the jeweler I went to was wanting thousands or something close to it) and then he replaced my diamond and all new prongs. I was so happy. I got them both back a week before my recent cruise so that I could bling out. :D

I figured you were back from your cruise by now, so I came looking! Maybe I will get to read the start of your review before we sail on Independence of the Seas, but if not I'll come find you after we get home.

Hope Sakari has a wonderful birthday! I'm sure she will.

She had an amazing birthday. Our "cake" lady for birthdays and baby showers bailed on me at the last moment (day of her birthday), so me and my daughter Kendra decided to "try" (using that term VERY loosely) to make her a cake out of fondant. It's a little "rough" but hey it was our first try and Sakari loved it!!! It fit her perfectly.

IMG_0858_zpsfjfwu71q.jpg

IMG_0859_zps0v9q7dug.jpg

IMG_0861_zpsxwzg1mi1.jpg

IMG_0862_zpsgcciu1gg.jpg

IMG_0863_zpsqqcsfh09.jpg

Well, I have to agree with you on sailing out of the NorthEast any time other than Summer. I refuse to do it regardless of the good deals available. It's just not an enjoyable cruise for my family. We like sun and warm weather. It's just too cold off season.

Watch for sales on Royal Caribbean. My husband couldn't wait to get on one of those mega ships! I finally found a kids sale free deal and booked it a year out. Personally, I didn't love the cruise. The ship itself was AMAZING! The dining room food was awful. The pay restaurants were wonderful (at a hefty price!) I found the kid food very limited. Many times, we had to pay for Johnny Rockets for my boys to get chicken tenders. However, my whole family wants to go back! Haha For the price, I'm in no rush. However, I heard rumors that once the Oasis comes to Port Canaveral in 2017 the prices could drop a bit.

Anxiously awaiting your review of the Pride!

Mare

Yea, I'll never do that again either. We were forced to get a balcony and could barely use it because it was just too darn cold other than the days we were in port and of course those days are spent...IN PORT. LOL So, I think I will also go back to the interior as well. :p

Hopefully you found my Pride review by now. If not, it's in my signature line. I have answered so many people over there that I'm not sure if you are one of them. :o

Another really great photo review, thanks. :):):):)

Thanks so much for your compliments. You are welcome.

Mitsugirly, which NCL ship is your fav and you would go on again in a heartbeat? your reviews are always fun filled, lots of info, and great pics. Thanks for doing all the hard work

That Birthday cake is amazing!

Aww thanks for the compliment. :)

Mitsugirly, which NCL ship is your fav and you would go on again in a heartbeat? your reviews are always fun filled, lots of info, and great pics. Thanks for doing all the hard work

Our favorite so far has been the Epic. (It's just one of those ships you either love or hate and we loved it). That is probably the only ship I would go on again. I have a philosophy never to cruise the same ship twice. I tried to go on it again before it left the US, but things didn't work out for the time frame we wanted and they took Blue Man off of it...and that was a big part of what we liked. The other reason is because it's the only ship we have sailed without our daughter Sakari and I know she would love it. We have parked beside it several times and she always talks about the "Efic" LOL.

My favorite smaller ship would be the Spirit so far. :)

I'm on to read your Pride review but wanted to say thank you for your fabulous reviews!!! We booked a cruise on the Sky after reading your report!! We have cruised many times, but our friends haven't so we thought what a better ship to break them in on ;) You and your daughter done a wonderful job on Sakari's birthday cake!!! Maybe you can have a bakery on your off days from work...hehe :)

I'm on to read your Pride review but wanted to say thank you for your fabulous reviews!!! We booked a cruise on the Sky after reading your report!! We have cruised many times, but our friends haven't so we thought what a better ship to break them in on ;) You and your daughter done a wonderful job on Sakari's birthday cake!!! Maybe you can have a bakery on your off days from work...hehe :)

Thanks for the compliments. I really appreciate it and glad you enjoyed them.

I hope you have a wonderful time on the Sky. I don't know when you booked for, but you realize they are making the Sky a cruise that will include the beverage package and the specialty restaurants too? (Maybe it's in 2016 I can't remember). :D

Thanks for the comments about the cake. It was a task for sure. :eek: :p No way Jose will I do a bakery on the side. LOL Not cut out for it in the patience department. :D

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for the compliments. I really appreciate it and glad you enjoyed them.

I hope you have a wonderful time on the Sky. I don't know when you booked for, but you realize they are making the Sky a cruise that will include the beverage package and the specialty restaurants too? (Maybe it's in 2016 I can't remember). :D

Thanks for the comments about the cake. It was a task for sure. :eek: :p No way Jose will I do a bakery on the side. LOL Not cut out for it in the patience department. :D

I read that about the Sky :) And you are right, 2016. We are booked for November. We got the UBP as a perk when we booked. I totally get you on the no patience for cake baking. Nothing fancy for this Betty Crocker either ;)

I read that about the Sky :) And you are right, 2016. We are booked for November. We got the UBP as a perk when we booked. I totally get you on the no patience for cake baking. Nothing fancy for this Betty Crocker either ;)

Glad to hear you were able to get the UBP perk when you booked for this year. Have a great time! :)

LOL at the Betty Crocker. I'm no Martha Stewart either but I do try every once in awhile just to pure entertainment. :D

• 1 month later...
I finally had a chance to read this one! Great review. What a bummer about missing Great Stirrup Cay....but you made the best of the day.

On to read another one of your reviews! ;)

Thanks. Glad you enjoyed it.

It was a huge let down to miss GSC. That's what we were looking forward to the most. I have only been once since we started cruising again (and once wayyyyy back in the day in the 80's) and I couldn't wait to go back and explore more of the area that I didn't get to see the last time. Hopefully we'll make it back again another day. :)

• 2 months later...

I was so disappointed to read your review of Paradise Cove! We were there a few years ago and loved it! There wasnt a lot to see on the shallow side of Deadman's Reef but once we got to the drop off... Wow! We say a small Ray, a nurse shark, tons of fish, even a Lionfish. I absolutely loved that reef! And swimming through and seeing the drop off was breath taking! We didn't have the nasty staff either! I'm so sad to hear its gone downhill! We were planning to go back there in November but I may have to rethink it now. Thank you so much for sharing your review!!! They are always so entertaining!

• 11 months later...

Thank you for posting such an in-depth review of this trip! I am still in the process of reading it all as I have just booked my very first cruise ever and it's on the vessel you're posting about. Sakari is just adorable! I'm looking forward to taking my princess out on a cruise sometime as well.