Santa

Snook

On Christmas Day there are regular P/A announcements by the cruise director about an UFO approaching the ship, usually coupled with a video of a jolly old guy dressed in red. No one knows exactly where or how he lands his sleigh onboard the ship but crew who has seen it happen swear up and down the old guy is one heck of a pilot. Santa will definitely make an appearance, usually in the main show lounge on the morning of the 25th. Tonight, Christmas Eve, is the time for the Christmas concert, consisting of performances in the main show lounge by the Indonesian Choir, the Filipino Choir and the International Choir

Edited by Copper10-8

My husband's mother told him that they send a letter to Santa to let them know if they'll be away from home on Christmas Eve.

So maybe Santa gets lots of letters from other Moms & Dads and is on the lookout for ships as he flies over the oceans.

On Christmas Day there are regular P/A announcements by the cruise director about an UFO approaching the ship, usually coupled with a video of a jolly old guy dressed in red. No one knows exactly where or how he lands his sleigh onboard the ship but crew who has seen it happen swear up and down the old guy is one heck of a pilot. Santa will definitely make an appearance, usually in the main show lounge on the morning of the 25th. Tonight, Christmas Eve, is the time for the Christmas concert, consisting of performances in the main show lounge by the Indonesian Choir, the Filipino Choir and the International Choir

The upgrade - upsell fairy guides him in.......

You both are so spot on, I'm sure your right, you both made me smile, thanks!:):):)

I think Santa gets a little help from NORAD (North American Aerospace Defense Command). They keep track of Santa and they keep track of all the ships for Santa.

http://www.noradsanta.org

Santa leaves one of the more sensible polar bears in charge back at home base. She/he is responsible for coordinating Santa's journey.

Did a Google Image Search and found the picture. The article it was from claims it was taken on Diamond Princess in Australia. Here's the link I found:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/travel/holiday-ideas/what-its-like-to-celebrate-christmas-on-a-cruise-ship/story-fnjjv4qv-1227071347354

Merry Christmas!

Karen

Did a Google Image Search and found the picture. The article it was from claims it was taken on Diamond Princess in Australia. Here's the link I found:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/travel/holiday-ideas/what-its-like-to-celebrate-christmas-on-a-cruise-ship/story-fnjjv4qv-1227071347354

Merry Christmas!

Karen

Hey, thanks Karen and Merry Christmas to you!

John: Do they have Mass at Midnight on the ship? Have never done a Chaplaincy over Christmas and was just wondering. I figure if anyone would know it might be you.

Belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Himself

John: Do they have Mass at Midnight on the ship? Have never done a Chaplaincy over Christmas and was just wondering. I figure if anyone would know it might be you.

Belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Himself

Yes, there is a Midnight Mass on the ships on Christmas Eve, Father. It's for both pax and crew and is held in the main show lounge

Watched Santa board the Zaandam yesterday afternoon!!! He was on the last tender from Castro, Isla Chiloé, Chile. He had several elves with him but the reindeer stayed on the island for a rest. Apparently they had, had a very long day and were facing another long journey back to the North Pole.

1347116145_SantabytenderinChile.jpg.991da88584b7b28334638d0b02392aac.jpg

Thank you so much for providing this information. I would love to hear all of the different choirs. Maybe you could suggest to corporate that they record the Christmas Eve concert and sell the DVD.