Scared about cancellations :(

Vikstar

I read where a few people have accidentally had their cabin bookings cancelled through no fault of their own (Celebrity glitch/error?) Has anyone experienced this? How often does this occur? I am concerned because I have never sailed Celebrity before and I have spent a long time researching the room I got. I have also booked flights/private tours etc. Does anyone have experience with this?

I can only state my experience as I only have 10 Celebrity cruises. I have requested price drops as well as cabin changes many times and never had an issue. I am sure it has happened but is not the norm. Remember most people don't post saying their reservation did not get cancelled so you never hear from them.

Don't sweat it.

Duane

Heading for the port this morning for cruise 26; 9th on Celebrity, have never had a reservation cancelled. As Duane said no one ever reports that their reservation didn't get cancelled.

Don't worry about it. Enjoy planning your cruise.

The problem with forums is that no one ever posts when the basics go right, only when something goes wrong. There have been a few posts recently about reservations disappearing or cabin assignment changing, while anything is possible the majority of cruisers never have a problem (myself included).

The expression "don't sweat the small stuff" probably applies here. Just make sure you have copies/e-mails of all your documents and if it makes you feel better log in to "My Celebrity" every now and then to keep an eye on your reservation.

I read where a few people have accidentally had their cabin bookings cancelled through no fault of their own (Celebrity glitch/error?) Has anyone experienced this? How often does this occur? I am concerned because I have never sailed Celebrity before and I have spent a long time researching the room I got. I have also booked flights/private tours etc. Does anyone have experience with this?

Oh my:eek:

One should worry about only those things they can control. That being said, I am a Zenith level cruiser and have never experienced what concerns you. In fact,, I don't personally know or have heard of anyone experiencing an " accidental " cancelling. Have cruises been cancelled? Of course they have. Some have been due to a mechanical problem that required an immediate Drydock. Some are caused by a Charter. In these cases, I have experienced this, Celebrity offers a very fair offer. Most recently a three day Consellation cruise was cancelled and I was able to select from a list if 5 day cruises as a substitute. I only needed to pay for two days taxes and port charges. Also received an extra OBC. If I had paid airfare I would have that refunded. Unfortunately not all reports on Cruise Critic are reliable. Sometimes what is reported is only a small part of the story. Just enjoy your cruise.

Well Orator, now you have. We had a reservation accidentally cancelled when someone enter a reservation number incorrectly and didn't verify the names. There was also a long thread in a similar issue.

That being said, I believe the problem is exceedky rare. I have 12 future cruises booked and this is not a concern of mine.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Well Orator, now you have. We had a reservation accidentally cancelled when someone enter a reservation number incorrectly and didn't verify the names. There was also a long thread in a similar issue.

That being said, I believe the problem is exceedky rare. I have 12 future cruises booked and this is not a concern of mine.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Did you find out who was responsible? Was it someone at Celebrity, or a TA? How was the issue resolved? Sorry that this happened to you, Hopefully it all worked out to your benefit. As you said: your experience was very rare. I do remember a thread some time ago where someone claimed that their booking was cancelled without their authorizing it. Turned out that their TA did not submit the final payment . Clearly the TAs mistake.

Did you find out who was responsible? Was it someone at Celebrity, or a TA? How was the issue resolved? Sorry that this happened to you, Hopefully it all worked out to your benefit. As you said: your experience was very rare. I do remember a thread some time ago where someone claimed that their booking was cancelled without their authorizing it. Turned out that their TA did not submit the final payment . Clearly the TAs mistake.

I was pretty made when it happened and asked the TA what would have happened if I showed up at port on a Sunday (when the cruise left) and they weren't there? This was after final payment and I was pretty made when it happened and asked the TA what would have happened if I showed up at port on a Sunday (when the cruise left) and they weren't there? It was on a three day Century sailing last march, with lots of open cabins at 45 days out so the consequences were low. The TA blames Celebrity, but who knows for sue. I was working on a different cruise, when I noticed it said "cancelled" on My Celebrity.

The other thread was pretty recently (October) when a woman booked two hump cabins or so and one was cancelled and re booked by someone else and Celebrity rebooked her into what they considered was an equivalent cabin.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2121617

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I've noticed the "cancelled next to one or more cruises in My Celebrity. It has always been a web site problem (surprise), but always wise to check if you have the slightest doubt. There is a current problem signing up for CC Meet and Mingle. Bet it was a TA problem in your case. Glad it all worked out for you.

I've noticed the "cancelled next to one or more cruises in My Celebrity. It has always been a web site problem (surprise), but always wise to check if you have the slightest doubt. There is a current problem signing up for CC Meet and Mingle. Bet it was a TA problem in your case. Glad it all worked out for you.

I called Celebrity right away as it was the weekend and my TA is not there, or was not at the time. Celebrity confirmed there was a problem, but since I had booked with a TA, was told I had to deal with them. After a quick call and email, I was contacted back and it was dealt with, new booking number and all.

The only cancelled cruises otherwise I have seen, are ones that I held temporarily and then booked. The temporary holds will show as "cancelled" but that is different.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I was in a roll call with someone once ...ended up meeting her in the shuttle from the airport. She was spitting mad. They had canceled her cruise and when they noticed their mistake (not sure of the details) they put her way up front and she couldn't get her original room back or anything nearby. We never saw her again .... not even sure if she got on the ship.

The problem with forums is that no one ever posts when the basics go right, only when something goes wrong. There have been a few posts recently about reservations disappearing or cabin assignment changing, while anything is possible the majority of cruisers never have a problem (myself included).

/QUOTE]

It is sort of when was the last time you saw a story with the headline "dog does not bite man"? Based on newspaper stories about dogs and man, you would assume that all dogs always bite people.

DON

Edited by donaldsc