Unlimited Laundry

Alan2504

It's been a wee while since our last HAL cruise, do they still offer unlimited laundry packages?

If so does anyone have an idea of the cost?

I remember it being quite good value previously, (we are looking at a 24 night Med cruise summer 2015.)

Thanks

Alan

Yes -- HAL still has the unlimited laundry.

You can call Ship Services at 1-800-541-1576 to get a price for your 24 day Med cruise.

Thank you for such a quick reply!

As I'm not US based do you have an e-mail address for "Ship Services" by any chance?

Alan

We love the unlimited laundry package, and book it every time we sail. Here's a link to the HAL homepage where you can contact them via email:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/contactUs/Main.action

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Thank you again for the quick reply, the CC's on the HAL board are certainly extremely helpful and friendly !

Much appreciated!

Alan

A word of caution - the price that Ship Services gives you may differ from the price onboard. Many have reported being quoted a price equivalent to $7/day for the cruise but the actual cost was equivalent to $9/day (for European itineraries). Some who pre-paid through Ship Services were charged the additional amount and some were not. Just be prepared. It may be to your advantage to pre-pay the cost.

I have just heard back from HAL, and thank you all, for all your advice!

(FYI they are quoting $175.00 for 25days i.e. $7 per day)

I would pre-pay the charge, if you decide to book the cruise. I think you'll find it will be $9/day once you board. That's what happened to me in 2013 which turned into an accounting fiasco. However, others have since reported that the ship honoured the pre-paid amounts, which would amount to a ~$50 savings in your case.

Edited by Alberta Quilter

$7 per day last month on the Nieuw Amsterdam in the Caribbean. You must buy the package for the whole voyage, so it works out to $49 on a 7 day cruise, $98 on a 14 day sailing, etc.

In my last cruise on the Eurodam last month during Christmas, it was $49 for the 7 nights.

$7 per day last month on the Nieuw Amsterdam in the Caribbean. You must buy the package for the whole voyage, so it works out to $49 on a 7 day cruise, $98 on a 14 day sailing, etc.

Both of your cruises were in the Caribbean. The OP is going to Europe.

Laundry prices are typically higher there, at least they have been on all of the cruises we have been on in Europe.

I think the OP did well to prepay. Hopefully it will be honoured on board :D (It was on the last cruise for CC members)

Both of your cruises were in the Caribbean. The OP is going to Europe.

Laundry prices are typically higher there, at least they have been on all of the cruises we have been on in Europe.

I think the OP did well to prepay. Hopefully it will be honoured on board :D (It was on the last cruise for CC members)

Yes, prepay. It was honored onboard our European cruise in August (Eurodam). I of course brought my proof of purchase with me because you just never know for sure. ;) I didn't need to show it. :)

Does unlimited laundry include dry cleaning, or is that a separate charge? We are in a Signature suite instead of a Neptune for the first time this Fall, barring an upsell or upgrade.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does unlimited laundry include dry cleaning, or is that a separate charge? We are in a Signature suite instead of a Neptune for the first time this Fall, barring an upsell or upgrade.

Unfortunately it doesn't include Dry Cleaning.

....an upsell to a Neptune could work out well for you. Free laundry and free dry cleaning. Need to take that in consideration when looking at the up sell.

It was a hard decision not to book a Neptune this time, but we are saving for a private yacht charter to SCUBA dive in the Turks & Caicos in May 2016. We're keeping our eye out in prices for up sells... :-) DH is so fond of breakfast in the Pinnacle!

Recommend that you prepay the $7 per day and make sure you bring your receipt with you on the cruise. Check your statement early in the cruise and if they are charging the $9 per day, bring your receipt down to the front desk and politely ask they honor the $7 per day as previously paid to HAL. Have seen this work well for others in the same situation.

For those of you who have utilized the unlimited laundry in the past' date=' did you find that you would send something out everyday or once every few days?Thank you for your experiences[/quote']

We've done both. In fact, the last time we had unlimited laundry, we only sent it out four times. It would have been less expensive to pay by the bag for that cruise.

It will depend on the amount of clothing brought on the cruise, the length of your cruise, and airline luggage restrictions (if applicable).

For those of you who have utilized the unlimited laundry in the past' date=' did you find that you would send something out everyday or once every few days?Thank you for your experiences[/quote']

It depends on the itinerary. If I am in a hot, humid area, I like to come in from my day, put everything I was wearing in the laundry bag, and send it right out that evening. It's usually back by the next afternoon, and sometimes the next morning.

I cooler climates, when I can wear something more than once, I tend to send a bag every 3-4 days.

For those of you who have utilized the unlimited laundry in the past' date=' did you find that you would send something out everyday or once every few days?[/quote']We usually manage to loosely fill a bag every day. It does give us the luxury of not having much sweaty gym kit lying around the room, for example.