LIVE From OASIS, 17 Jan 2015, Bill/Marie -My 60th B-day so getting out of the country

PCWalton1

On Serenade, I was able to use my free hour intermittently. Pinnacles get 2 hours, but I was only able to select one - had I wanted to use the second hour, the woman I spoke with at Guest Services told me that she would refund the charge, but I would have to call or visit to get it done. I recall reading that Oasis makes you use your hour all at once.

Karen, you got wonderful pricing on Allure - lucky Allure cruisers. We had a 2-device plan on Serenade that was something like $185 after the coupon was applied (7 night cruise).

The first time we got 2 hours was on our recent 11/23 & 12/1 Quantum cruises. It was nice but hard to sign up for with an Android device as the

page you use to sign-up on doesn't work the same for Apple and Android. They kept telling me to choose 2 hours from the drop down menu.....but there wasn't one. Several trips to Guest Services and I still couldn't create my account and get the 2 hours I was entitled to. I finally decided to go to the library on Quantum and use one of the Apple computers. Voila! the drop down menu was there and I could select a 2 hour plan (complimentary).

I thought I had heard what you did about Oasis and using your hour all at once so thought I'd ask how it was now. :)

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

Hello Bill and Marie - so nice to see you're back on the high seas! I'll enjoy following along with you on Oasis until Friday when I'll be down in FLL waiting to board the Legend of the Seas a week from Monday, so I'll have to finish up with your review when I get back.

Happy Birthday Bill !!!!!

Ellen

Hello Bill and Marie - so nice to see you're back on the high seas! I'll enjoy following along with you on Oasis until Friday when I'll be down in FLL waiting to board the Legend of the Seas a week from Monday, so I'll have to finish up with your review when I get back.

Happy Birthday Bill !!!!!

Ellen

Thanks Ellen for the birthday wish. It has been a fun filled first day.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

Good morning all. We woke to a wet grey day. Kind of like a morning back home in Seattle. Just a lot warmer.

10 we went to the brief meet and mingle. Nice to meet some of our roll call friends.

After that we headed to the Aqua theater for the welcome back party. Everyone is hiding in the dry seats. [emoji2]

92db169a512ddac8948782450716f68e.jpg

e2eca9a85be52025149824addbb151e8.jpg

8c6221b5fc2db5fc18cbb7c8c4fafd54.jpg

Someone Marie was hoping to meet is Edna. If any of you have seen the show of Oasis turn around day on Discovery Channel she is the lady in charge of cabins. She is also from the same province as Marie (Bicol). She got that opportunity this morning.

818018dd714ba2d24a29b114d9ba86d8.jpg

Win Win for you, Bill! Loving your update!

How are they organizing the MDR? Are you randomly assigned to one of the 3 decks? How is the restaurants' decor (for the upcoming Dynamic Dining changeover later this year)?

Yes the deck 11 lounge is nice. I stopped in for coffee this morning.

We actually will not be in MDR until the 5th day but one of these mornings I will try to get some pictures.

We had lunch today in the American Icon level of main dining. I little different than what I remember for lunch dining as we had separate tables.

I had the Royal burger and Marie had the fish enchilada. We also shared an order of chicken sliders. Other than the burger everything else was tasty.

32a560ec74fc113adcc44cdafbf5b700.jpg

6ba117289f0a7727775ff30aa1875441.jpg

99b4b382b0c8dcd2289ebd31e1b42959.jpg

a0ef33924c81e00d04ca977705d22a1a.jpg

a384ea75d610b2902b10d512a0de551a.jpg

Thank you for your inside scoop - it is like you are our personal spy! Can you post any Compass or schedules too? I am curious about big events and which nights are formal nights (I think 2 and 5). Any tips for us are appreciated going in a few weeks!

Enjoying your review. I just celebrated my birthday too, but will have to wait to sail on the Oasis until March break! I think you are doing it the right way :).

My husband is also watching the football game right now and rooting for the Seahawks too- hope things turn around soon!

Special request please - If you happen to visit the Britto store, I would appreciate it if you could you please check on the price of their tea pots? I have asked DH as my b-day present to buy me a teapot on our Oasis cruise in March, but he would prefer to get it here at home if the prices are comparable, so as not to risk breaking it in transit.

Many thanks.