LIVE From OASIS, 17 Jan 2015, Bill/Marie -My 60th B-day so getting out of the country

PCWalton1

Well we have bad news for Rose Hall. I am not sure how I did it but early yesterday I pulled something in my lower back. Marie thinks it was the luggage on the first day.

Either way it is killing me and had just been getting worse. It's not the first time I have done this and I know what works is just staying immobile add much as possible. So we are going to stay on board tomorrow with maybe just a brief trip down to the pier.

Tomorrow is my actual birthday and that is not how I wanted to spend it. But if I rest tomorrow and the at sea day hopefully I will be ok for Cozumel.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

Feel better soon so that you can party like a rock star tomorrow! :D Personally, I think a massage is in order. Maybe they will have a port day special, but you also have a coupon on your seapass card. :)

And I see that you have resorted to my favorite remedy, alcohol. :D

I will weigh in on lower back advice...

Ice it every half hour if you can, try and move around slowly to keep the muscles from remaining in spasm. Oh, and the most important thing....bend at the knees!

This too shall pass - hopefully you will wake up on your Birthday relatively pain free :)

wonderful review...we will be on Oasis on MARCH 7TH...GLAD TO SEE WE HAVE OUR DIAMOND LOUNGE again...this will make my wife a very happy crusing camper...just confirm it is on deck 11 and 12...how has the food been in the MDR and in the WJ...ENJOY OUR BIRTHDAY CRUISE...GO SEAHAWKS...:)from a Vikings Fan;)

I will weigh in on lower back advice...

Ice it every half hour if you can, try and move around slowly to keep the muscles from remaining in spasm. Oh, and the most important thing....bend at the knees!

This too shall pass - hopefully you will wake up on your Birthday relatively pain free :)

Thanks for the great advice especially the icing.

wonderful review...we will be on Oasis on MARCH 7TH...GLAD TO SEE WE HAVE OUR DIAMOND LOUNGE again...this will make my wife a very happy crusing camper...just confirm it is on deck 11 and 12...how has the food been in the MDR and in the WJ...ENJOY OUR BIRTHDAY CRUISE...GO SEAHAWKS...:)from a Vikings Fan;)

The lounge is on both 11 and 12. We went to Windjammer on Sunday night since the game ran long. They have a theme every night. Saturday was Texas bbq. For us on Sunday it was seafood night. Several types of fish, shrimp and lobster tails

We have not been to MDR.

Just to wrap up the evening we ate at Sabor or on the Boardwalk. We had the made at the table guacamole to start then we shared the chicken & corn empanadas and beef tacos. That was a lot of food and pretty good too. Much much better than Rita's Cantina. (Of course most anything is better than Rita's )

After we made a donation to the slot machine gods and are calling it a night. See you tomorrow

Ugh! Back issues are the worst. Sorry to hear you are having to endure that pain. Hope you're able to get some relief.

Thanks for posting the pictures of CATS and Labadee. Have eaten at Sabor on the Navigator and glad they've added this to the Oasis.

Hope your day is perfect tomorrow!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Just to wrap up the evening we ate at Sabor or on the Boardwalk. We had the made at the table guacamole to start then we shared the chicken & corn empanadas and beef tacos. That was a lot of food and pretty good too. Much much better than Rita's Cantina. (Of course most anything is better than Rita's )

After we made a donation to the slot machine gods and are calling it a night. See you tomorrow

We have also eaten at Sabor's, on Navigator. During dry dock, they put it into the former "Dungeon," or whatever the disco was called, adjacent to the Schooner Bar on Deck 4. Loved the tableside guacamole preparation! Pete and I ate there several times during the two weeks we were onboard.

Lots of good advice here for your easing your back pain, I hope it is better today!

Good morning everyone and thank you for all the birthday wishes. When I woke it felt worse but that may have been from lying still for so long. As the morning add progressed my back feels more manageable. But I think we will be spending most of my birthday on board. Better to be safe than sorry.

We did make it up to Windjammer for breakfast

0722915a1fc67aa0f8f687b2a0fd94ba.jpg

894db8a9bf5826322064287b50136ad6.jpg

Thanks for posting and happy birthday. Can you tell me if you found the diamond/diamond plus (former concierge lounge) overly crowded? Also, do you know who the concierges are? Thanks!

I guess it's how you classify overly crowded. We showed up about 5:15 and Deck 11 looked to be filled with the folks that stake out the early seats. [emoji14]

We went up to deck 12 which was about three quarters full. by the time we left there was a lot of empty tables on 11.

After breakfast we took a stroll through the Promenade. We have not pulled into port yet so you would think there would be more people out. I guess it is because all the shops are closed.

8afe6bd4fd34a4c12e60474168ca8030.jpg

3764c9647e28b75058c09bd51b5273c1.jpg

We stopped in Starbucks and I purchased my new favorite drink, a flat white.

eddd384d05697f4ea24009c4d2bb7c63.jpg

Ooh a flat white. I have seen them advertised. Might have to trade my latte in for a flat white tomorrow.

They are good. Our Australian friends invented it I think in the 70s. It's similar to a latte but a higher percentage of coffee to milk. And they use a ristretto espresso shot which is a shorter and more concentrated shot.