LIVE From OASIS, 17 Jan 2015, Bill/Marie -My 60th B-day so getting out of the country

PCWalton1

Thanks for the wonderful review! We will be on the Oasis for the first time in April, although a different itinerary! I love seeing the pictures of the ship!!

We are now diamond members... this Diamond lounge... we can just pop in for free drinks and apps?? Or do you bring an invitation with you that is left for you in cabin?

Enjoy the remainder of your cruise and I hope your back feels better!

Thanks for the wonderful review! We will be on the Oasis for the first time in April, although a different itinerary! I love seeing the pictures of the ship!!

We are now diamond members... this Diamond lounge... we can just pop in for free drinks and apps?? Or do you bring an invitation with you that is left for you in cabin?

Enjoy the remainder of your cruise and I hope your back feels better!

Congratulations! Your seapass card will open the door for you -- there is a little box on the wall, to the right of the door. Insert your card, wait for the green light, and the door will open automatically. The first time or two you go in, the Concierge may introduce himself to you and ask to see your Seapass card. If it happens, it is to ascertain that you belong in the Lounge. Enjoy :)

Karen

Just to wrap up the evening we ate at Sabor or on the Boardwalk. We had the made at the table guacamole to start then we shared the chicken & corn empanadas and beef tacos. That was a lot of food and pretty good too. Much much better than Rita's Cantina. (Of course most anything is better than Rita's )

After we made a donation to the slot machine gods and are calling it a night. See you tomorrow

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

Can you tell me what night is Lobster night in the MDR? Thanks!!

Mapleleafforever, or Bill, Could any of you post the daily compass? I've been reading through CC for hours, but no luck to find them. We'll be on Oasis in June and never been on this ship so I really appreciate your reviews and photos.

Hi, I don't usually do it but I am hauling the cruise compasses back and I will scan them and upload once i get home.

Can you tell me what night is Lobster night in the MDR? Thanks!!

Sorry we have not been going to the MDR so I have not been keeping track of the menu. Surprisingly on Sunday they had them in Windjammer as I had several when we went there after the Seahawks game. Usually they are on the second formal night and we will be in MDR that night only so I will let you know.

Thank you for writing this wonderful trip report! I am going on Oasis In March and have also reserved an over the water cabana at Nellies. Could you please share if you had any sun light while sitting in your cabana or was it totally shaded by all the trees? I would love the option of either sitting out on the little deck under full sun or sitting back in the cabana under the shade! how early did you get to your cabana? You mentioned if you get there early enough if you might be able to request a change before all the other guests arrive!

Thanks again...

Edited by shoppgirl

I will do some posting now, I spent a couple hours resting my back after we did a walkabout on the pier. I managed to pick up the essentials:

• Bag of Jamaica Blue Mountain coffee
  • Tortuga rum cake (original flavor of course)
  • A Jamaica ball cap
  • Bottle of Jamaica rum

My bag got a little stiff after an hour or two but seems to be doing better now. Here a few pictures from the walkabout.

16326210232_8f95413ef3_b.jpg

16139507338_a108820a11_b.jpg

16326214212_b030a81c63_b.jpg

15707167393_f4b1e5b011_b.jpg

16139511778_567eae79ec_b.jpg

16139701330_fcc4dfed0b_b.jpg

Sorry we have not been going to the MDR so I have not been keeping track of the menu. Surprisingly on Sunday they had them in Windjammer as I had several when we went there after the Seahawks game. Usually they are on the second formal night and we will be in MDR that night only so I will let you know.

Lobster in the Windjammer????????:eek: That's new to me!

Lobster in the Windjammer????????:eek: That's new to me!

I know. They split them in half had a nice sauce on them. Very tender. They did not have them their unprotected though, there was wait staff serving them. But she offered more than one and I took her up on the offer, :D

Thank you for writing this wonderful trip report! I am going on Oasis In March and have also reserved an over the water cabana at Nellies. Could you please share if you had any sun light while sitting in your cabana or was it totally shaded by all the trees? I would love the option of either sitting out on the little deck under full sun or sitting back in the cabana under the shade! how early did you get to your cabana? You mentioned if you get there early enough if you might be able to request a change before all the other guests arrive!

Thanks again...

The interior of the cabana stayed in the shade the whole time. The outer 'porch' where the lounge chairs are were in the sun by mid afternoon

I'd like to go back and "quote" the posts but

a) The pic from the shuttle of your first sighting of Lady O brought tears to my eyes. LOL

b) The pic of Edna is priceless. Had the pleasure of stalking, I mean, meeting her on the Oasis Transatlantic so felt honored to meet a star!

Loving your review.