Is it time for Celebrity to rethink the Elite Cocktail Hour?

RickT

Does Celebrity need to rething the Elite Cocktail Hour?  

209 members have voted

1. 1. Does Celebrity need to rething the Elite Cocktail Hour?

• No, it's fine the way it is.
    • Yes, it needs to improve.
    • Not sure, don't care.

With the 1,2,3 Go type promos being the norm and a large majority (I'm guessing) of passengers already having a free beveridge package, does Celebrity need to rethink it's Elite Cocktail Hour?

While I appreciate the perk available to Elite and above, it really doesn't mean much if you already have free drinks. While it's nice to socialize and meet the Captain's Club Host/Hostess, the lure of free drinks and cheap appetizers isn't what it was when you weren't getting free drinks already.

Would improving the quality of drinks be a good idea? How about some first rate appetizers (Shrimp cocktail, bacon wrapped scallops, etc)?

So far I've been lucky and there has always been an Elite Hour. I can't imagine how useless this is if you already have the drink package.

We like the elite cocktail party the way it is. Frankly, with the happy hour our liquor bill is down to about $250 for both of us for a 14 day cruise, so the beverage packages have NO appeal for us.

We drink the tap water on the ship and don't buy $4 coffee.

I prefer that X do away with the Go BBB. It has served to artificially inflate prices.

We like the elite cocktail party the way it is. Frankly, with the happy hour our liquor bill is down to about $250 for both of us for a 14 day cruise, so the beverage packages have NO appeal for us.

I prefer that X do away with the Go BBB. It has served to artificially inflate prices.

Totally agree! Shame so many people can't see past these "deals" with "free" this and that which is anything but free.

I seldom drink alcoholic drinks. I don't buy drink or pick the beverage perk. I like the elite social. Nice time to meet other loyal elite guests. On most nights, my spouse and I enjoy going to the dedicated area. On one cruise we used vouchers since the ship was crowded with elites. That also went well. please don't cancel the social time. It is fun. I also like the morning breakfast. For those people who buy beverage packages, they probably enjoy drinking all day.

Totally agree! Shame so many people can't see past these "deals" with "free" this and that which is anything but free.

I agree with you. It amazes me people thing they are getting a "deal" or something "free". They are not.

Love the Elite Cocktail hour the way it is. We have met so many nice people there and have become friends with some.

I agree 100%

Not sure why you don't get your facts right before posting.

I was not the one to resurrect this thread.

I brought up the cost of fuel because the op whom I referenced listed fuel as one of the things making the cost of cruising go up when in fact it should be keeping the cost down. Was $100.00 + barrel & now less than $35.00 barrel.

Free drink packages are making the cost of cruising go up NOT the cost of fuel.

When I find a Celebrity cruise I can afford thanks to FREE drink packages I will get to experience my first Elite gathering with truly free drinks.

I doubt the Elite drinks are truly free. I would be shocked if the cost of the Captain's Club perks isn't incorporated into the price that we all pay for cruises. I don't think any cruise line (or any business) really gives anything for free. The consumer pays for it one way or another.

One other thought, it's a shame Celebrity hasn't gone the route that Royal has with the drink coupons built into their account rather than having the paper coupons. It's a waste of paper and time to print them as well as the Room Steward's time in delivering them to the cabins. I assume most with the drink package will likely not use them anyway and they end up being tossed at the end of the cruise.

I doubt the Elite drinks are truly free. I would be shocked if the cost of the Captain's Club perks isn't incorporated into the price that we all pay for cruises. I don't think any cruise line (or any business) really gives anything for free. The consumer pays for it one way or another.

Agree, but the fact that non-elites don't benefit means that the increased cost is not as significant as when large bennies like the drinks packages are added to the price,

One other thought, it's a shame Celebrity hasn't gone the route that Royal has with the drink coupons built into their account rather than having the paper coupons. It's a waste of paper and time to print them as well as the Room Steward's time in delivering them to the cabins. I assume most with the drink package will likely not use them anyway and they end up being tossed at the end of the cruise.

Good Point, however, in our last six Celebrity cruises since they started using the coupons, we've only had them once. The other five cruises were in the lounge only.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

We really enjoy the Elite Cocktails, regardless of having a drinks package on most sailings in recent years. However, we always do traditional late dining, and find there's a long wait between the cocktails and dinner, since we don't often go to the shows. We would like to see it open for longer hours, or maybe do two; one early for early diners, and one later for late diners. Anytime diners could go to either.

We really enjoy the Elite Cocktails' date=' regardless of having a drinks package on most sailings in recent years. However, we always do traditional late dining, and find there's a long wait between the cocktails and dinner, since we don't often go to the shows. We would like to see it open for longer hours, or maybe do two; one early for early diners, and one later for late diners. Anytime diners could go to either.[/quote']

So basically do as Royal does, have a longer evening event, oh and why not also adopt the three vouchers every night on the sea pass as well.

We have no intertest in a beverage package . The Elite Happy hour is an event we never miss. 2 drinks a day is more then enough for me. It is a perfect venue to meet with friends before dinner. This even keeps us from straying to other cruiselines

We like the Elite Cocktail Hour. We mainly go for the social aspect of it. We have made some really good friends over the years and have heard some wonderful stories of trips people have taken.

Now that Michael's is open to suite guests in every category, you may see less people there.

I agree with a nicer selection of appetizers would be nice.

We get the Classic drink package and are happy with it. Bring wine we like with us and usually end up buying a bottle or two on board. It suits us.

Happy Sailing everyone. See you at the cocktail hour!!

We have no intertest in a beverage package . The Elite Happy hour is an event we never miss. 2 drinks a day is more then enough for me. It is a perfect venue to meet with friends before dinner. This even keeps us from straying to other cruiselines

Couldn't agree more. I am happy to have one or two drinks when we go to Elite happy hour, but my husband usually has a soft drink or a beer. It is also where we meet up with cruising friends or new friends, which makes for a delightful pre-dinner event.

Celebrity, please do not change Elite Happy Hour. I would not wish to take away the drinks packages that people seem to like so much, if that is what they want, so why try to do that to those who like the Happy Hour?

Hapicruisin

With the 1,2,3 Go type promos being the norm and a large majority (I'm guessing) of passengers already having a free beveridge package, does Celebrity need to rethink it's Elite Cocktail Hour?

While I appreciate the perk available to Elite and above, it really doesn't mean much if you already have free drinks. While it's nice to socialize and meet the Captain's Club Host/Hostess, the lure of free drinks and cheap appetizers isn't what it was when you weren't getting free drinks already.

Would improving the quality of drinks be a good idea? How about some first rate appetizers (Shrimp cocktail, bacon wrapped scallops, etc)?

So far I've been lucky and there has always been an Elite Hour. I can't imagine how useless this is if you already have the drink package.

Not everyone takes the drink package.