Pesky Super Bowl! Dinner questions

So we are getting on the Allure on Super Bowl Sunday. Was all excited to watch the game on board, then realized we have dinner scheduled right in the middle of it!

My question is this, Do they serve the same food in the Windjammer as the Dining room at night? I have never eaten in the Windjammer for dinner. We are thinking this is what we may have to do in order to watch the game.

Opinions? Suggestions?

Thanks!

So we are getting on the Allure on Super Bowl Sunday. Was all excited to watch the game on board, then realized we have dinner scheduled right in the middle of it!

My question is this, Do they serve the same food in the Windjammer as the Dining room at night? I have never eaten in the Windjammer for dinner. We are thinking this is what we may have to do in order to watch the game.

Opinions? Suggestions?

Thanks!

Windjammer usually has one or two of the MDR entrees, but not all. Windjammer will also have choices that are not in the MDR at all.

Not sailing Super Bowl weekend, but just wondering, are the usual commercials shown during the broadcast? Unless "my team" is playing, I generally don't care much about the game. I do like to see the commercials.

For those sailing, enjoy the game and the cruise.

M

Not sailing Super Bowl weekend, but just wondering, are the usual commercials shown during the broadcast? Unless "my team" is playing, I generally don't care much about the game. I do like to see the commercials.

For those sailing, enjoy the game and the cruise.

M

We did not see the usual commercials on Adventure last year.

We did not see the usual commercials on Adventure last year.

Thanks Bob. Rats, that's usually my favorite part of the game.

I will admit, I enjoyed watching our favorite college football team on the big screen at the pool. A quick run into the Windjammer and all of the football food we needed. And, having waiters come around to bring me my drink of choice was just the icing on the cake.

Marci

Edited by cruisegirl1

We will be on Brilliance for the super bowl and we are going to DVR the game just so we can come home and watch the commercials.

From what I have heard, they do have food out during the game like hamburgers, hot dogs, popcorn, nachos, etc.

This is what they did on Adventure in Studio B last year. That was before Adventure had the pool big screen, so it will be interesting to see what changes this year.

Why don't they show commercials? I didn't know they broadcast the game without commercials?

It's not that there WON'T be commercials - they just won't be the Super Bowl commercials you "want" to see.

The feed that you'll see on most cruise ships is an international/regional feed; for most cruise ships in the Carribbean, you'll actually be watching ESPN Carribbean. They'll be picking up the feed from the US broadcaster (in this case, NBC), so you'll hear the normal commentary, but the commercial breaks on the US feed are overridden by ESPN Carribbean to promote their programming. In fact, it's not uncommon for ESPNCarib to mistime short commercial breaks (like 30sec timeouts), so they'll rejoin the action in-progress.

In short, you'll probably have to wait until you're home to watch the better commercials on YouTube.

What time does the game commence? We will be cruising from Singapore so, with the time difference, hoping to avoid all the usual hullabaloo around superbowl. We generally are cruising, usually in Caribbean/Mexico/Panama Canal etc. late Jan/early Feb and it is difficult to avoid!

Here in the UK, and Europe, we can watch real football....the stop, stop, start, stop, stop nature of American Football bores the pants off me!

Thanks.

Edited by hamrag

What time does the game commence? We will be cruising from Singapore so, with the time difference, hoping to avoid all the usual hullabaloo around superbowl. We generally are cruising, usually in Caribbean/Mexico/Panama Canal etc. late Jan/early Feb and it is difficult to avoid!

Here in the UK, and Europe, we can watch real football....the stop, stop, start, stop, stop nature of American Football bores the pants off me!

The Superbowl game starts at 16:30 in Arizona (US Mountain Standard Time; GMT +7). Singapore is I think GMT -8, so if I calculate correctly game time would be 7:30 Monday morning - and probably fairly easy to miss.

BTW I have yet to get the pants off of anyone I was boring:cool::D

Thom

The Superbowl game starts at 16:30 in Arizona (US Mountain Standard Time; GMT +7). Singapore is I think GMT -8, so if I calculate correctly game time would be 7:30 Monday morning - and probably fairly easy to miss.

Thom

Thanks, that is pretty much in line with my expectation. We will be too busy breakfasting, and heading out to Singapore for the day. What really frustrates is when superbowl affects the evenings on board....that said, we have dipped into the theatre on occasion when superbowl is showing and the atmosphere generated by both sets of fans is generally electric. I recall a couple of years ago, where one team was ahead and in the last seconds of the (protracted) game the other team won and half the theatre erupted! Apologies if that particular memory is painful for anyone reading.

As of right now, it looks like I will be in the MDR and DH will be on deck yelling at the screen on our FOS cruise.:rolleyes:

Maybe I will see you in the dining room all alone!!!! :( I was considering going, but the group I am with will have no part of missing the game. Normally it wouldn't be a big deal, but our Patriots are in it, so it is a big deal.

Thanks for all the input. Guess we will just get there early, get seats and run for food when we can.

As long as we are on vacation and sailing away it won't matter. Probably save me a few calories anyway!