New to Silhouette -- any must-do ship attactions?

butterbread

I don't know whether you are agreeable to paying extra for Sp Dining but if you are, you must try the Lawn Grill. It is $50pp but you can ask for discounts and hopefully you will get one.

Aqua Spa cafe serves lighter breakfast and lunches and it is free. The pastries at Cafe al Baccio are free but the coffees are not. However, you do not have to buy a coffee to get a pastry.

On our MAy 2013 Med cruise on the Silhouette...The specialty restaurants did not seem overly busy...so I can recall at least 2 times where they discounted the price on them..I wanna say 2 for 1. We tried 1 of them, but was not overly impressed..but taste is a personal thing. We ate in BLU and u can get some things all the time, even when not on the menu, such as Caesar salad, shrimp cocktail! I had the caesar every night and on the last night our normal waiter brought me this big bowl of it,lol

We were on the Silhouette TA this past fall. We really enjoyed the food, including in the MDR and the buffet. In terms of specialty dining, I strongly second the advice above to eat at the Lawn Club Grill. I would also strongly urge you to have dinner at the Tuscan Grille; we thought it was superb. Impeccable service and excellent food. And lunch at The Porch.

The Silhouette is a stunning ship. Have a great cruise!

We loved the Martini Bar and Cafe al Baccio. We enjoyed the MDR and the Mast Grill, but did not really care for the Oceanview Buffet. We loved room service breakfast. We liked the Molecular bar for the cool factor, but really didn't care that much for many of the drinks.

We were not impressed by the class on how to cook steak at all. And the ship navigation session was not very good either (basically a slideshow where the navigation officer just read the slides). All the jewelry giveaways were crowded, but still kind of fun. We wanted to do some of the dance classes - they looked fun, although the location for them seemed a little non-optimal.

We did like the galley tour, although it was a zoo with so many people taking it.

Tours? Classes?

Things to avoid?

We've never been on Celebrity and have a 7 day coming up so want to have some ideas of things to do or avoid!

Great question and thanks to everyone for the information. I have never been on Celebrity either and with 3 days at sea I was wondering the same thing.

Helpful hints are much appreciated!

Is there a cost for any of the classes (dance?)

Great question and thanks to everyone for the information. I have never been on Celebrity either and with 3 days at sea I was wondering the same thing.

Helpful hints are much appreciated!

Is there a cost for any of the classes (dance?)

Yes, there is a cost for classes. Zumba, yoga, Pilates etc are all $11 + 18% tip. The art classes also have a charge and if you are interested in any of those, I would sign up early. They fill up quickly.

I don't know about dance classes. there is one that resembles Zumba and I think it is free (not held in the gym). Also, I have seen some in the Sky Lounge and I would think those are free also but I'm not 100% sure.

Simple:

Qsine

The Sunset Bar

The Hideaway - if it isn't full of teenagers who seem to take it over in the school holidays

The Tuscan Grill views

The Martini Bar IF the music isn't deafening

Muranos for a special occasion

Just going up and down in the lifts watching all the decks --- but remembering to 'Stand clear of the doors please'. Such memories ;-)

And after a long day touring --- that drink and cold flannel when you get back - magic.

I also love the champagne when you board but not sure if they do this anymore.

Enjoy --- love the ship

Has anyone done the yoga classes on Silhouette? Are they really advanced (headstands and similar) or are they suitable for beginners and intermediate? I'm a beginner. Will I look clumsy in the class and just serve as an irritant to highly skilled participants?

Also what time are the classes? On a recent RCCI cruise the classes always seemed to be just as we were coming into port, one of my favorite aspects of cruising.

I'll take a pass on the yoga if highly skilled participants are there, but if any beginners have taken the classes and not been intimidated, please tell me. Also did the instructors provide the mats?

On which deck is The Porch? Also, what is the charge

for lunch and for dinner? What's on the menu?

The Porch is upstairs, deck 14, starboard side. It is 7.00 per person

and they serve breakfast and lunch only. The main items are different

panninis....they also serve salads (for lunch) and have desserts too.

Gelato at the Gelateria. (up charge but worth it)

Get a Flight at the Martini bar (up charge) or watch that 'show'

Liar's club comedy with the Cruise Director & Captain. - outs was hysterical in 2012 with Alejsndro and Captain Emmanuelle

Relaxation room in the spa.

She's a beautiful vessel! Enjoy you trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, there is a cost for classes. Zumba, yoga, Pilates etc are all $11 + 18% tip. The art classes also have a charge and if you are interested in any of those, I would sign up early. They fill up quickly.

I don't know about dance classes. there is one that resembles Zumba and I think it is free (not held in the gym). Also, I have seen some in the Sky Lounge and I would think those are free also but I'm not 100% sure.

My wife loves to attend Zumba workouts whenever she cruises on Princess, where the twice daily instructor-led workouts are free. Celebrity actually CHARGES $11+forced tip for it?

If I can find them, I kept the daily programmes from our voyage last June so I will let you know what they offer.

I do remember the music, dance lessons etc were only of short duration. 45 minutes? Just getting in to it and it stopped!

There were zumba classes in the morning. Tours of the kitchen. Masterchef between two of the chefs. Talks. Sales of various treasure which were very well attended by people needing to buy! Not much else to do on a sea day!

I went to an interesting talk on diamonds. Captains talk. Cooking demonstrations. That big fluffy pillow is certainly not a crepe. I live in France so I KNOW.:D

Lots to do.