Questions on a Diamond+ traveling with a Gold in the same cabin.

Been a while since I have traveled in the same cabin with someone that isn't Diamond Plus. Of the perks I can think of right now which ones would my cabin mate get & not get? I don't want to leave her alone all the time.

Priority Boarding with me? Thinking Yes

Robes in room? Thinking Yes, last time we got two

Diamond Lounge? No, a no brainer and not an issue

Reserved Seating in the Theater? Never questioned before

Welcome Back? Yes because she is Gold

Top Tier Event? No clue

Bridge Tour? Know they clear people first, do they clear both in the cabin?

Galley tour? Thinking Yes, because they seems to be very lack on that one

I am just trying to figure things out, not beat the system :D Firesuit on :D

BonVoyage

Dawna

As far as reserved seating for shows goes, our sea passes(both Dh and mine are always carefully checked to make sure that we are both D-plus. This has been the case on several cruises. So I am thinking no to this perk for your gold friend.:)

I traveled the beginning of the month as a diamond with someone who had never been on Royal Caribbean before. He was able to attend all events with me, even the welcome back event. The only thing he was not able to do was go to the Diamond Lounge, which was fine with me since I had the drinks loaded onto my cards.

I traveled the beginning of the month as a diamond with someone who had never been on Royal Caribbean before. He was able to attend all events with me, even the welcome back event. The only thing he was not able to do was go to the Diamond Lounge, which was fine with me since I had the drinks loaded onto my cards.

Anybody who has been on at least one RCCL cruise is invited to the WelcomeBack event. Just FYI !:)

In my experience it was as follows

Boarding-Yes

Robes-Yes

Reserved Seating-Was allowed after I asked if a couple minutes before a show they weren't being used

WB-yes

TT-Never go as it always seems to be during a meal time

Bridge tour-Was told no both times I have asked(I did ask both times only a day or two before the set time. It may have made a difference if I asked right after boarding to give them the first part of the cruise to clear someone?)

Galley-Yes

Theater-Yes

I don't think you will get a consistent answer, it will very by person, ship, and how they feel the day you ask.

I don't think you will get a consistent answer, it will very by person, ship, and how they feel the day you ask.

This will probably be the most consistent answer.:D

DH and I get robes but, on the same ship when I took a first timer she did not get one.

Interesting thread. I'll be Diamond and traveling with a newbie in the fall. It would be nice to be able to take my Mom to the welcome back & top tier events, otherwise I'll have to attend by myself which wouldn't be too much fun. I'm not concerned about the Diamond lounge, since the drinks will be on my card, and I can just get Mom a before-dinner drink at one of the bars.

I took Mom to the welcome back party on Princess a few years ago. It was her first time on a cruise. I think she enjoyed the party. :D

Bridge Tour Im going to say no - we just did tour on Ex for NYE and there were ppl turned away due to status

We were scheduled for galley tour - sadly we had to miss it due to illness - so IDK

There is no turning away on the bridge tour due to your status. You are either on the list or not. So if you get turned away you are not on the list. I have done 6 bridge tours and have only seen one person show up not on the list and get in. Security was NOT happy but after a phone call to the bridge the Captain himself said it was ok since the kid was around 12 and with Grandma who was on the list. Thus my question do they clear the cabin or just the Diamond Plus person. On my Feb 2014 cruise my cabin mate was on the list with Gold status.

BonVoyage

Dawna

They are fussy about the tours. I wouldn't count on those.

Most venues and events where you go as a couple, they probably are assuming he is your spouse, and usually won't check a second card. If they do, it's a onesy decision. Except for the Diamond Lounge, most will just let you go in together.

I agree with the reserved seating, too, since it's limited. But, it's usually not filled, so they will probably let you both in.

There is no turning away on the bridge tour due to your status. You are either on the list or not. So if you get turned away you are not on the list. I have done 6 bridge tours and have only seen one person show up not on the list and get in. Security was NOT happy but after a phone call to the bridge the Captain himself said it was ok since the kid was around 12 and with Grandma who was on the list. Thus my question do they clear the cabin or just the Diamond Plus person. On my Feb 2014 cruise my cabin mate was on the list with Gold status.

BonVoyage

Dawna

You are correct, D+ were invited and responded - they sent substitute in their place - they were turned away - I stand corrected.

i am cruising with my niece in March. She is in my cabin, but has her own sea pass account. when i printed our checkin documents, she had a "p" on her SetSail Pass, just like mine. She has never cruised before. i assume her sea pass will not have platinum noted, but as long as she is with me- i wouldn't think anyone would notice

i am cruising with my niece in March. She is in my cabin, but has her own sea pass account. when i printed our checkin documents, she had a "p" on her SetSail Pass, just like mine. She has never cruised before. i assume her sea pass will not have platinum noted, but as long as she is with me- i wouldn't think anyone would notice

You are fortunate. I cannot get our C&A level to print on the SetSail pass anymore.

You are fortunate. I cannot get our C&A level to print on the SetSail pass anymore.

Hello,

Have you changed your printer recently and/or are your printer drivers up to date?

The C&A status is a graphic and not 'text'. It did not always come out on an old printer I had but always comes out no problem on a brand spanking new one.

Regards,

Cublet

PS - I hope 'brand spanking' doesn't mean anything rude in American!

Edited by cublet

Hello,

Have you changed your printer recently and/or are your printer drivers up to date?

The C&A status is a graphic and not 'text'. It did not always come out on an old printer I had but always comes out no problem on a brand spanking new one.

Regards,

Cublet

PS - I hope 'brand spanking' doesn't mean anything rude in American!

Printers and drivers have not changed. PCs have not changed. I'm trying with Windows XP, Windows 7, and Windows 8.1, using IE 8, 10, 11, and Firefox 34 and 35. I think one time I got the status to show up, but I cannot remember what I did special (if anything) to make that happen.

I'm well aware of that - this was his first royal caribbean cruise.

Excuse me, Mona, but I only posted that because you said in the post I quoted that your friend was able to attend EVEN the Welcome Back event like it was for higher C&A status people. I was not trying to be snarky...just trying to give some info that I thought you might not have been aware of. :confused::rolleyes: