Help ! Need hotel FLL end of Feb. sooo darn expensive

booze brothers

We want to take a last minute cruise. No problem getting the cruise but airfare and hotel are so high this time of the year.

We usually stay at the Embassy but we're also planning an extra day after the cruise. Just too much money.

Any suggestions? thanks

Have you tried pricing ES with LMTC...not LMT.

I know, very high rates. We are staying at Best Western Plus/Oakland Park. It has the shuttle from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the port. It also has free breakfast and is close to the beach to walk to. Close to other restaurants also.

Could you tell me the rate and month please.

Embassy is sold out for Feb.21:cool:

I know, very high rates. We are staying at Best Western Plus/Oakland Park. It has the shuttle from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the port. It also has free breakfast and is close to the beach to walk to. Close to other restaurants also.

It is 1.5 miles each way to walk to the beach from Best Western Oak Pk.

We want to take a last minute cruise. No problem getting the cruise but airfare and hotel are so high this time of the year.

We usually stay at the Embassy but we're also planning an extra day after the cruise. Just too much money.

Any suggestions? thanks

Have made suggestions in the past for good hotels to start a vacation, based on personal experience, but have the feeling that some may be solely seeking a stay at the lowest possible price.

Therefore, if your requirement is the cheapest of cheap, then consider AIRBNB :)

Heard of LMT but not LMTC. Is it the same? thanks

www.lmtclub.com

No not really the same company.

Just go through the online signup...they are usually (always) offering free membership when you get to the end of the sign on.

We have tried many other online booking options..direct with hotel...and Hilton MVP...no one could beat LMTC prices for our Embassy Suites this past October.

I even called the Embassy directly a few months prior to arrival to double check and gave them my last name and they confirmed my reservation.

Many on these boards have easily recommended LMTC too.

LMTC books blocks of space and even when the hotel shows no vacancies LMTC has rooms available...and they have a 24 hour cancellation policy...according to some that have used it with no problem.

Best of luck and enjoy.

www.lmtclub.com

No not really the same company.

Just go through the online signup...they are usually (always) offering free membership when you get to the end of the sign on.

We have tried many other online booking options..direct with hotel...and Hilton MVP...no one could beat LMTC prices for our Embassy Suites this past October.

I even called the Embassy directly a few months prior to arrival to double check and gave them my last name and they confirmed my reservation.

Many on these boards have easily recommended LMTC too.

LMTC books blocks of space and even when the hotel shows no vacancies LMTC has rooms available...and they have a 24 hour cancellation policy...according to some that have used it with no problem.

Best of luck and enjoy.

I am a member. lol I always thought it was LMT. I guess I got a good deal on HiltonMVP site cuz LMTC doesn't even show Embassy in Fll for my dates in March. Thanks again for the heads up.

I am a member. lol I always thought it was LMT. I guess I got a good deal on HiltonMVP site cuz LMTC doesn't even show Embassy in Fll for my dates in March. Thanks again for the heads up.

Sometimes when ES doesn't show up I use the (LMTC) advance search and then it has...:confused::confused:

You're very welcome.

Have made suggestions in the past for good hotels to start a vacation, based on personal experience, but have the feeling that some may be solely seeking a stay at the lowest possible price.

Therefore, if your requirement is the cheapest of cheap, then consider AIRBNB :)

Some of us are not aware of the hotels you recommended. I'm sure you put a lot of time into researching the many different hotels.

As far as cheapest of cheap, I don't consider paying $200. for a hotel, cheap. :)

LMTClub and LMT are the same website. You see better prices if you log in to the club. If you don't wish to sign up for it, you can also call them with a price you find on the LMT site and they will quote you a lower price. Many times you can cancel up to a day or two prior to check in. Depends on the hotel.

Some of us are not aware of the hotels you recommended. I'm sure you put a lot of time into researching the many different hotels.

As far as cheapest of cheap, I don't consider paying $200. for a hotel, cheap. :)

Appreciate your input, but may one make corrections to your statements.

The research was actually minimal. Many years ago one selected a first hotel in FL (Marriott Beach and Harbour), then we booked Westin (with bridge), followed by Westin (Hollywood), and when sold, received a reccomendation of Pillars by a fellow Cruiser, where we now book. This could not be considered research.

With regard to price, one selects a hotel which one would like to stay for two/three nights prior to a cruise, this to make a good start to a vacation and thereby making it special. For our part, to concentrate solely on price, is not the way we wish to commence, or take, a vacation.

Good Morning,

Leaving on a cruise March 15th- and we are coming in one day early. Of course, rates are high- and many are booked, but we are looking at one of these two. Both have mixed reviews. We would like to be on the water taxi route, and also close to beach with a nice pool area. Have stayed in Hollywood Beach area before and we like it, but of course, it is farther to the port, as well. Any opinions on the two choices are welcome! Thank you!

Appreciate your input, but may one make corrections to your statements.

The research was actually minimal. Many years ago one selected a first hotel in FL (Marriott Beach and Harbour), then we booked Westin (with bridge), followed by Westin (Hollywood), and when sold, received a reccomendation of Pillars by a fellow Cruiser, where we now book. This could not be considered research.

With regard to price, one selects a hotel which one would like to stay for two/three nights prior to a cruise, this to make a good start to a vacation and thereby making it special. For our part, to concentrate solely on price, is not the way we wish to commence, or take, a vacation.

Yes, I agee. To each his own.:)

Embassy Suites is used by cruiselines for their hotel packages. You will be hard pressed to find it on available on any discount site like LMT. They have no need to discount their rooms.

We like Bahia Mar for a moderate choice. No you won't find a hotel on the beach for much/IF any under $200 in Feb. But join the hiltonhonors loyalty program and see what you can book it at. The nicest views are in the tower. But they run more obviously.

Your only option at this late date is trying priceline. But again, know that no hotel will offer big discounts when vacancies are limited.

You could look at Holiday Inn Express, Hyatt Place or Extended Stay off of 17th streeet. And trolley it to the beach.

If you're willing to rent a car, you could pick up from Dollar at the airport & return to the port & they'll shuttle you to the ship. You can get a "city discount" rate for around $50. Hotwire has a well-rated hotel in S. FLL/Hollywood for $113 w/free parking. Just a thought. We always rent a car & stay either by the airport or in Plantation.

I am staying there on Feb 26 (Best Western Plus/Oakland Park). The bed was comfortable, the pool was nice, the breakfast was good, with some nice choices. The current rates are $123 plus tax or they were the last time I looked.

I was told the beach is closer than 1.5 miles. That is not a far walk if it is.

We stayed at this hotel in October, and although not fancy, more like a motel with outside entrance doors, the people who worked there are super nice and helpful. The pool area is very nice and the rooms were very clean andd very comfortable.

I stayed at the boutique motel Oasis in January and it was clean and comfortable. The manager is very helpful. It is so inexpensive that a taxi to the motel is still under the rates at most of the chains. Starbucks is next door, and I think it was Walgreens across the street. IHop is also quite close. See reviews on Trip Advisor.

I am staying there on Feb 26 (Best Western Plus/Oakland Park). The bed was comfortable, the pool was nice, the breakfast was good, with some nice choices. The current rates are $123 plus tax or they were the last time I looked.

I was told the beach is closer than 1.5 miles. That is not a far walk if it is.

We stayed at this hotel in October, and although not fancy, more like a motel with outside entrance doors, the people who worked there are super nice and helpful. The pool area is very nice and the rooms were very clean andd very comfortable.

It is a little closer than 1.5 miles if you walk...it's 1.35 miles. :D

It's 1.55 miles by car because of the U-turn road system.