Now I'm worried-Carnival FlyAweigh

oceanmom62

Our cruise leaves on Easter and obviously airfare is crazy $$$. Carnival's price was actually cheaper than what I could find-unless I wanted to fly Spirit Air! I have read in the past about problems with FlyAweigh. Has anyone used it lately? What was your experience? Thanks for all your help.

We used the carnival flights last summer going to Europe. The only problem was they didnt give us our flight plan until about 4 weeks before. The flights were good and on time. The only thing they messed up was our pre hotel which got cancelled. They dont offer that package anymore. Their flight was cheaper than i could get online and it was fine. Hope it works out..

Our cruise leaves on Easter and obviously airfare is crazy $$$. Carnival's price was actually cheaper than what I could find-unless I wanted to fly Spirit Air! I have read in the past about problems with FlyAweigh. Has anyone used it lately? What was your experience? Thanks for all your help.

The kids used it to come from LAX ( CALIFORINA ) to Orlando also let Carnival make there hotel reservations & transport the morning of the cruise.

I had heard some pretty bad things but the kids were very happy with everything & they are letting Carnival do it again this year. They are very high mat. & if you can please them it has to be good.

Char

We used the fly aweigh program 2 years ago for our first cruise. It was fine other than our flight into MIA did not land until 2:05 and the cruise left at 4. I think we were the last ones on the ship. One nice perk on the flight home was that they had us in first class! We had to pay for luggage on the way down, but not when we had the first class seats.

Realize that most of the time things work fine and no big deal (see the posts above) THOSE people don't write nasty post about Fly a Weigh. Those that happen have something go wrong DO write posts. So most of what you read in reviews and such are going to be negative.

Flights can get messed up even if you book them yourselves. If the price is good I would not worry too much about it. The downside is you have no control over your flight schedules. You could end up on a flight that gets you to the ship very late. So you miss out on the pre-cruise relaxation on the ship.

We normally fly in the day before and spend the night in a hotel. If that is not possible we try to book the earliest flights into the port city in case something happens we have some wiggle room. BUT people do fly in the day of all the time and manage just fine.. so don't stress out about it.

Thank you, everyone for your reassurance. I just received my flight info. We land in Miami at 1:35 PM (non-stop) and go home at 12:42 PM to land at 5:56PM (one stop). Much better times than I could get! I am much happier and am expecting everything to go well. When we get back I will start another thread with GOOD experiences with FlyAweigh to encourage others like you have encouraged me. Thanks again and happy sailing. My flight documents did say that I need to contact the airline about my luggage and any fees.

1:35PM is a little late for an arrival into MIA. I know that you are using Carnival's air program, but most likely you will be one of the last passengers to board your ship prior to it's departure. With a late arrival you still need to pick up your luggage and the shuttle is approximately a fifteen minute ride. Carnival needs to send in its completed passenger manifest to Homeland Security ninety minutes before the ships scheduled departure. Carnival's ships normally leave the Port Of Miami at 4:00PM. Is there any way that you can arrive earlier that day or a day prior to your sailing.

1:35PM is a little late for an arrival into MIA. I know that you are using Carnival's air program, but most likely you will be one of the last passengers to board your ship prior to it's departure. With a late arrival you still need to pick up your luggage and the shuttle is approximately a fifteen minute ride. Carnival needs to send in its completed passenger manifest to Homeland Security ninety minutes before the ships scheduled departure. Carnival's ships normally leave the Port Of Miami at 4:00PM. Is there any way that you can arrive earlier that day or a day prior to your sailing.

Only have to be there 60 minutes ahead of time if you do your funpass online

Bill

Sent from Iphone 6 using Cruise Critic App

I have already done my FunPass online. Carnival's site suggests no later than 2:30 PM for flights arriving in Miami. With FlyAweigh you do not get to pick your flights. We are planning on doing carry-on so no luggage to get. According to the FlyAweigh program they will wait for us.

I have already done my FunPass online. Carnival's site suggests no later than 2:30 PM for flights arriving in Miami. With FlyAweigh you do not get to pick your flights. We are planning on doing carry-on so no luggage to get. According to the FlyAweigh program they will wait for us.

They will wait, have seen it several times. What ship are you sailing?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I always get on the ship late. usually about 30 minutes before departure and there has never been a problem. No one has ever said oh no we had to submit a completed manifest 90 minutes ahead of time, or 60 minutes ahead of time.

The gang way is there, Carnival employees greet us with a smile and welcome aboard.

Carnival also states that luggage charges will be according to the airline that you are booked on.

What else could it be? They are really just acting as a mid agent. If you end up on Delta, then Delta rules apply, etc etc.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

If you have flight delays, the ship will probably sail without you.

If you have flight delays, the ship will probably sail without you.

According to the program if we miss the ship then they will house us until they can fly us to the next port. They do say though that they will wait if you use their program.

I remember then allowing for a deviation for a fee from their plans..but this was some time ago...another cruise fly program,,but it was Costa...LOL..now under the big umbrella..good luck op..somehow will work out.