Stay Safe During the Snow Storm

geocruiser

Hope everyone stays safe and warm.

Interesting sidenote, CBC reported that one of the foods that was sold out first to people stocking up before the storm was Potato Chips! Comfort food?

Here's hoping the weather forecasters are wrong.

I bought a bag of the stuff they call Costco Crack. --that addicting Chicago Mix. :D

You can forget the blizzard warning that we were given. I think it's here already. It's horrible out there.

DH's workplace has not closed in nearly 30 years and even they have shut down. That tells you something, not that I would let him even try to go in the car anywhere.

Ok, I had to google that one. I've never seen it before.

Good luck everyone!

Try a few handfuls and it's got you hooked. :) The first time I bought it I asked a store assistant where they kept the stuff called Costco Crack and she knew what I meant.

Edited by sapper1

We dodged the bullet -- so did New York City.

We only got 11 inches of the heavy, wet snow. We are just getting light snow showers now.

Most schools are on a 2 hour delay -- a few are closed.

I feel sorry for the people who depend on Meals on Wheels for food. All of them around us are closed again today.

We were the bullseye in Boston and it is still snowing now. I have at least 28" snow in my driveway and likely will have another inch or two before this ends. The winds have calmed some but this has been a very serious storm. The best is the temperatures dropped and was cold enough the snow, for the most part, is light and not the heavy, wet kind that is brutal to move around. Because the snow is light, there have been far fewer power outages than we would have experienced had it been wet and heavy. The wind has blown the snow off the lines.

The bad part is because it is light, as soon as it is plowed, the winds have blown it right back onto the area that was just cleared.

South of Boston and the Cape/Islands got hit really hard.

Glad you kept power Sail.

The wind is still whipping here and the snow that was supposed to stop just keeps coming.

It really is something outside. I have no idea how much we have had since the wind is whipping it so hard. Trying to look at the level areas, it is definitely more than the 30 centimetres they were forecasting.

the poor dogs are not getting walked anywhere today. I'd probably get lost - LOL and fall in the culvert.

Warm wishes to our CC friends in Canada with the snow storm. To our cc friends in New England stay warm too. Happy to hear that the middle Atlantic states made out OK.

Remember not to shovel the snow too much. It is heavy

You can forget the blizzard warning that we were given. I think it's here already. It's horrible out there.

DH's workplace has not closed in nearly 30 years and even they have shut down. That tells you something, not that I would let him even try to go in the car anywhere.

Wow, that's something for Jose's place of work to close. Don't lose a dog in a snow drift. Wish you could send us pictures of them when they go outside. Hope your power keeps on.:)

Glad you kept power Sail.

The wind is still whipping here and the snow that was supposed to stop just keeps coming.

It really is something outside. I have no idea how much we have had since the wind is whipping it so hard. Trying to look at the level areas, it is definitely more than the 30 centimetres they were forecasting.

the poor dogs are not getting walked anywhere today. I'd probably get lost - LOL and fall in the culvert.

Stay warm and safe in your home today. Good Jose did not have to drive. A foot of snow, still snowing and fierce wind is a good day to be inside.

My doctor has never closed her office for weather in all the years I've been her patient but her office is closed today. I had an appointment tomorrow and rescheduled as I knew I wouldn't take a car out until this whole mess is cleared up.

The ocean is so angry. I live on the coast and the imagines they are showing of the various beaches and shore side properties are stunning. The next high tide in a few hours is almost sure to be very destructive.

All our friends to the North, stay safe and keep warm.

Edited by sail7seas

Wow, that's something for Jose's place of work to close. Don't lose a dog in a snow drift. Wish you could send us pictures of them when they go outside. Hope your power keeps on.:)

ha! ha! the only dog that wants to stay out is Marley. He is having a ball jumping in the snow. It is really deep, it is up to the top of his legs. The other two are out and in so fast, it's scary. Have shovelled a path for Fox twice and between the snow coming down and the wind, it is getting filled in all too fast. I doubt a pic would work as you can't see that well.

I have been envisioning Master Marley having a wonderful time. When we had our Alaska-born lab, he was in his element when he snowed - except he always needed a pathway shovelled so he could lift his leg! :D Talk about yellow snow!

The best thing about the snow in Montreal was that, when it was over, the sun would come out and it would be brilliant. Hope the same happens for you in the East. Stay safe and warm for now - that's the main thing.

I have been envisioning Master Marley having a wonderful time. When we had our Alaska-born lab, he was in his element when he snowed - except he always needed a pathway shovelled so he could lift his leg! :D Talk about yellow snow!

The best thing about the snow in Montreal was that, when it was over, the sun would come out and it would be brilliant. Hope the same happens for you in the East. Stay safe and warm for now - that's the main thing.

ha! ha! Vict0riann, Master Marley makes his own path. I don't know how he does it, other than angling his body, but he lifts that leg higher than the snow. Mind you, he's taller than the standard lab too!

I'm hoping we will see some sun tomorrow - then, maybe pics if it clears up.

Right now, it's grey, grey, grey.