Canadian cruisers!!

I just transferred some CND into my US acc't through TD Bank and it was $1.36, so looks like they are trying to make up some of the money they lost with the $1.10 rate :eek:

:) I did the same thing this afternoon with my TD accounts .. $1.3643 ! :)

Certainly much better than the $1.41 that RCI are offering!:p

Edited by hancogran

I think you may be right! :eek: I refuse to pay Royal's prices for a glass of wine. Ridiculous!

Meet me at my cabin and I will sell you some hooch or Ripple for half that price.:D

Edit: pure joke. :)

HAHA.. :D Got your bags all packed for your cruise?

Yes sir. A few last minute items to throw in (not hooch or Ripple) Saturday morning and we are off. Keep your eyes open for a review going live Friday, or possibly late Thursday.

Yes sir. A few last minute items to throw in (not hooch or Ripple) Saturday morning and we are off. Keep your eyes open for a review going live Friday, or possibly late Thursday.

:) Oh definitely don't "throw" hooch or ripple!

Fantastic! I love live reviews and will definitely be "sailing" along with you. Have a fantastic cruise and hope the weather is great for you too. Looking forward to reading your review.

Allo All,

I think the cruise lines are better to give the better exchange rate on "booking" then OBC.

thanks for the info on NCL at par.

Celebrity is also having a good promo right now.

I agree ..... buy actual USD at the bank vs OBC from the ship.

We just did the same. I checked a few sailings and saw that the JS's were less than the balconies.

Glad it worked out for you Ken! I've never seen that kind of pricing before. Now you can just go and enjoy your cruise this weekend. :)

Glad it worked out for you Ken! I've never seen that kind of pricing before. Now you can just go and enjoy your cruise this weekend. :)

Thanks. Luckily I have enough points so I don't have to worry about the flights. Unfortunately They haven't opened all the ships itineraries yet. We are still looking for one for Christmas. Maybe Navigator or Indy. Hopefully those will be released in the next few days before we leave.

Thanks. Luckily I have enough points so I don't have to worry about the flights. Unfortunately They haven't opened all the ships itineraries yet. We are still looking for one for Christmas. Maybe Navigator or Indy. Hopefully those will be released in the next few days before we leave.

Having those points for the flights makes the deal even sweeter! We love sailing from San Juan. Hopefully they'll be done loading the itineraries in a day or so and you'll find something for Christmas. :)

Just did a search for April 2018 (i.e. 2 years out) on the Oasis class and am seeing prices of $1100 - $1300 CAD. That doesn't look like a good deal to me....especailly being so far out.

Edited by LuCruise

Just did a search for April 2018 (i.e. 2 years out) and am seeing prices of $1100 - $1300 CAD. That doesn't look like a good deal to me....especailly being so far out.

Agreed, I've been looking at Oasis-class ships for fall 2017 and no itineraries look like a good deal to me, either. :( Disappointed.

I have no prior experience with first-release pricing, but I wouldn't normally book at these prices. I might anyhow with the hope that the prices will drop, to hold onto a cabin. If the prices do not drop enough, I will cancel and get my deposit refunded.

Agreed, I've been looking at Oasis-class ships for fall 2017 and no itineraries look like a good deal to me, either. :( Disappointed.

I have no prior experience with first-release pricing, but I wouldn't normally book at these prices. I might anyhow with the hope that the prices will drop, to hold onto a cabin. If the prices do not drop enough, I will cancel and get my deposit refunded.

Yeah, but if they do drop, then call and get your price adjusted.

Hopefully the CAD dollar will improve and that will help with the price.

Yeah, but if they do drop, then call and get your price adjusted.

I know...that's why I said I might book anyhow :) But, I'm not going to keep the booking if it remains higher than I like after any price drops that do appear prior to final payment. I won't hesitate to cancel if the price is NOT right (but I will be sad about not cruising).

I know...that's why I said I might book anyhow :) But, I'm not going to keep the booking if it remains higher than I like after any price drops that do appear prior to final payment. I won't hesitate to cancel if the price is NOT right (but I will be sad about not cruising).

I would just book then and know your limit. You have nothing to lose (but dissapoitment). Hope it goes down for you. (I know if the other thread you also commented you were waiting for prices to come out)

Some of the 2018 Caribbean cruises have been released. Just booked a southern on the Adventure in a Jr Suite. It was less than a balcony!

Did you book online or through Royal? Hopefully that isn't an error in the pricing. When the Transatlantics were released there was some funky pricing the first day. For example when I priced the Serenade TA for solo it halved the price rather than doubling it. I'm wondering if I had booked it would Royal have let me keep that price (just over $2000 CAD for an inside) or made me pay the actual (around $3900 CAD)?