CCL Superbowl Commercial

Frank12

Those 45 and over got it and most probably liked it, regardless of political leanings. Those under 45...and let's face it, the majority would not know who President Kennedy was, much less understand his sense of adventure on and off the planet, might give it a thumbs down.

The spot aimed higher than the young booze n cruise, inked up crowd which is a definite plus. On the other hand, that demo is the future, so take that with a grain of salt..in your blood or on the water...or on my margarita.

Seroiusly, they took my drink coupon away to buy time for that commercial?

I don't think that inspired ppl to cruise. It was boring.

My thoughts exactly. It was beautiful scenery, but boring. And I, for one, did NOT COME from the sea. Sorry Carnival. I much preferred your much older commercials showing the daughter who sees a totally different "vacation Dad" letting loose and having fun.

I really loved it. I think it really captured my favorite part of cruising and what makes it so different from other vacations -- the ability to stare out at the endless ocean and take in the beautiful view.

Although, I do think it was a little subdued for a Super Bowl commercial.

Agree! I thought it was absolutely lovely.

I didn't hate the commercial, but I do think they could have picked a much better one. I liked Message In A Bottle and Cruise Virgin. I think Cruise Virgin would have grabbed more attention during the Super Bowl. I found the one they picked to be just a bit too bland.

I feel like Carnival has had some trouble in general making good choices lately...

Those 45 and over got it and most probably liked it, regardless of political leanings. Those under 45...and let's face it, the majority would not know who President Kennedy was, much less understand his sense of adventure on and off the planet, might give it a thumbs down.

The spot aimed higher than the young booze n cruise, inked up crowd which is a definite plus. On the other hand, that demo is the future, so take that with a grain of salt..in your blood or on the water...or on my margarita.

I'm 22 and I absolutely loved it, so I don't know that it's necessarily an age thing. In fact, I thought cruise virgins made me feel like they were trying too hard to be relevant to my age group. Not unlike that creepy old uncle who tries to be "cool" but is not, at all, in any way.

The commercial was for Carnival Corporation - not just Carnival Cruise Line. It was for Princess. It was for Holland America. It was for Costa. It was for Cunard. It was for P&O. And it was for Carnival. It had to reach to a broad audience. "Cruise Virginity" would not appeal to many and in fact, might just turn them away from the Carnival Brands because of it.

The commercial did hit me - I feel at home at sea. A cruise relaxes me, excites me, entertains me, makes me feel alive. "Cruise Virginity" although humorous, just doesn't make one want to rush out and book a cruise IMO.

The commercial was for Carnival Corporation - not just Carnival Cruise Line. It was for Princess. It was for Holland America. It was for Costa. It was for Cunard. It was for P&O. And it was for Carnival. It had to reach to a broad audience. "Cruise Virginity" would not appeal to many and in fact, might just turn them away from the Carnival Brands because of it.

The commercial did hit me - I feel at home at sea. A cruise relaxes me, excites me, entertains me, makes me feel alive. "Cruise Virginity" although humorous, just doesn't make one want to rush out and book a cruise IMO.

Thank you. BTW, I'm not one of those who feel their lives have been torn asunder by the loss of one $8 drink. Some of those may wish to consult their Yellowed Yellow Pages for AA....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I believe they were aiming at an older demographic group who may relate to JFK, and have a few more traveling bucks than others. (Good God! Not me!:rolleyes:.....)

Like mentioned, this ad was for the entire corporation.

All they have to do is "plant the seed"..........;)

I loved the commercial,but I don't remember it being one of the options we could vote for? Did I miss something?

The final four were: Message in a Bottle, Cruise Virginity, Getaway and Mystery Spot. This was the Mystery spot - Come Back to the Sea.