RECENT laundry prices?

corpkid

I've searched and most threads were at least a year old.. That said - does anyone have a rough estimate of what it would cost to have 4 pairs of trousers and six dress shirts pressed (not cleaned - just de-wrinkled from some travel before) on Marina? Don't need same day... Trying to decide on bringing a garment bag or not. And allocation of OBC. :) First world problems! haha

Many thanks!

Dominic

Edited by corpkid

I've searched and most threads were at least a year old.. That said - does anyone have a rough estimate of what it would cost to have 4 pairs of trousers and six dress shirts pressed (not cleaned - just de-wrinkled from some travel before) on Marina? Don't need same day... Trying to decide on bringing a garment bag or not. And allocation of OBC. :) First world problems! haha

Many thanks!

Dominic

Had a chuckle with this one. We are on for 31 days and we aren't even packing 4 pair of trousers. I would be curious as to the prices as well since I haven't used the drying cleaning or pressing services to date. I have used the washers and dryers but I would like to know the prices for Oceania doing the laundry in case I don't get to the machines. Thanks fto anyone who has this info.

Had a chuckle with this one. We are on for 31 days and we aren't even packing 4 pair of trousers. I would be curious as to the prices as well since I haven't used the drying cleaning or pressing services to date. I have used the washers and dryers but I would like to know the prices for Oceania doing the laundry in case I don't get to the machines. Thanks fto anyone who has this info.

Trust me - our last 4 cruises (each year) have been a constant pairing down effort - our first O cruise was super intermodal in (trains, planes, ship, hotel and autos) and we learned right there and then to give away our huge bag and figure this game out once and for all. It's an art many won't ever get - and that includes taking advantage of laundry services where available. :) Cramming a month into two small suitcases is not something that comes naturally! haha

Here is what you do then. Tom Sawyer did it to paint a fence. Go in the Laundry room and invariably there will be a nice lady in there too feign ignorance and have her show you how. Just let her show you on a shirt and then on the pants. Go a different time or different laundry room and have a different woman show you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here is what you do then. Tom Sawyer did it to paint a fence. Go in the Laundry room and invariably there will be a nice lady in there too feign ignorance and have her show you how. Just let her show you on a shirt and then on the pants. Go a different time or different laundry room and have a different woman show you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can't say I don't love this idea! :cool: We need to have a drink and meet up before our tours together onboard - also open to setting up a privee dinner..... We leave tomorrow.

• 8 months later...

I guess so far people don't ...

I don't because we've never used the service so didn't pay attention to prices.

We do our own laundry in the laundry room ... and iron what needs ironing, but little of our wardrobe does.

Hopefully you'll get an answer before you board. The fail safe is that once you board you will receive a price list and you can decide then.

Mura

Can't help you with current prices. BUT, I can tell you that the cost of sending out laundry is very reasonable. 2 years ago (gads, has it been that long ago?), the cost of laundry was $7 for shirts and the same for trousers. There was no difference in cost of pressing only vs washing and pressing.

A wash and press was very affordable - we did a full week's worth x2 for about $30. Dry cleaning is a little more. We had our evening wear (3x pants, 4x shirts, and 1 sport coat each) pressed last voyage (Feb on Marina) and it was not an obnoxious charge and they did a great job. We use the self-serve laundry for stuff we wouldn't send out at home and it's also a good deal at $4 per wash/dry load. Laundry pricing is not something we worry about on Oceania and we pack our bags accordingly. :)

Edited by corpkid

I wrote this a year or so ago so prices may have increased, but a shirt is about $3.50 -- there are also self-service launderettes for about $2 per washer load and $3 per dryer load. Scroll down for full Oceania write-up (it's in a chart).

http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=1614

~Brittany Chrusciel, Associate Editor, Cruise Critic

I wrote this a year or so ago so prices may have increased, but a shirt is about $3.50 -- there are also self-service launderettes for about $2 per washer load and $3 per dryer load. Scroll down for full Oceania write-up (it's in a chart).

http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=1614

Your information is incorrect there is only 1 laundry room on the R Class ships deck 7 with 4 washer/dryer sets

On the O class ships there are 5 laundry rooms deck 7-11 with 3 washer/dryer sets

Irons & boards are also in the laundry rooms

Dryers are $2 per load on each

Just the facts please

Unfortunately, pricing goes out of date so quickly it's nearly impossible to maintain a service piece that includes the most up-to-date pricing, but clearly this one might be due for an update. Thank you for clarifying!

Just for context, the information I received from the PR firm for Oceania Cruises (just last year) is as follows:

On the O-class ships (Marina and Riviera), there are four launderettes – one on each of the four decks. Within each, there are three washing machines ($2 per wash), and three dryers ($3 per dry). The machines come pre-loaded with detergent and softeners.

For laundry/dry cleaning service – general pricing for regular service is below (subject to change). Note that next-day service includes a 50% surcharge.

- Jeans: $3.50

- Pajamas: $3.50

- Socks: $1.00

- Dress shirt: $3.50

- Blouse: $3.50

- Skirt: $3.50

- Bra: $2.00

- Ladies underwear: $1.50

- T-shirt: $1.50

- Dress: $6.00

For the R-class ships (Nautica, Insignia, Regatta) – there are only 2 launderettes, but all other information is the same.

Best,

It sounds like the PR firm got it wrong, at least as far as the launderettes on Marina and Riviera are concerned. I know that I paid $2 to dry my wash on Marina last May. And I'm also quite sure that the launderettes are located on Decks 7 through 11, which is five, not four. The phrasing " one on each of the four decks" implies there are only four passenger decks which is also incorrect because there are some passenger cabins on Deck 12 as well.