2 Questions for Sabatinis for Breakfast

atdahop

Don't know about the iced coffee drinks. Actually, never thought about it.

As far as tipping, we just leave an envelope the last day - not the day we disembark - with a tip for the whole Sabitini's service crew. As we have been on the Coral and Ocean there have not been a lot of suites and so all the staff works really well as a team. If on a larger ship this might or might not work.

As far as tipping, we just leave an envelope the last day - not the day we disembark - with a tip for the whole Sabitini's service crew. As we have been on the Coral and Ocean there have not been a lot of suites and so all the staff works really well as a team. If on a larger ship this might or might not work.

We've done the same on the Emerald, Ruby, Caribbean, Sapphire and Royal. We've always been served by a team.

We left a tip on the last morning at breakfast (the day before disembarkation). We left separate envelopes for the people who served us - with different amounts based on the level of service.

This was on a trans-Atlantic on the Ocean Princess with only ten suites on the ship. We had two primary servers and a few other people who helped occasionally. The servers got to know us very well, and we got to know them. The quickly learned what we each wanted and provided service without waiting to be asked.

The waiters in Sabatini's participate in the tipping pool, and we left the automatic gratuities in place. In my opinion, this is adequate except unless the service was exceptional, and the extra tips are for exceptional service.

In my opinion, the service for breakfast at Sabatini's on the Ocean Princess was the best service I have received on any Princess ship - much better than the service I received at dinner (traditional dining). Therefore I left a larger tip to them than for the waiter and assistant waiter in the MDR at dinner.

We wondered if there is a daily menu in Sabatini's similar to that served in the Dining Room. We will be sailing in our first suite in years and are really looking forward to breakfast.

The menu doesn't change like the dining room menu; but you can get pretty much anything you want by asking and giving them time to prepare.

You will be very pleased.

And we usually leave a gratuity daily. But just do what you like.

Mike:)

Edited by bhopal21

Also don't know about the iced coffee--but they will make a café latte even though it isn't listed.

I found the menu pretty boring as it was the same everyday and when I asked if there were different potatoes for breakfast other than the hash browns--which were deep fried mashed potatoes, I was told no.

Sabatinis didn't open early for early port days. Most of our stops were tendered, starting at 730 AM. Many times we had to be some place for our shore excursion by 715 AM. It still opened at 7 AM. BLU on X opened an hour early on that day.

Sabatinis isn't open disembarkation day, so, if you are leaving an extra tip, do it the last day you will be dining there.

We wondered if there is a daily menu in Sabatini's similar to that served in the Dining Room. We will be sailing in our first suite in years and are really looking forward to breakfast.

We always sail in a full suite and eat breakfast there every morning. The daily menu is the same, but I don't remember a time that they didn't provide us an with an item that wasn't on the menu. They are very, very accommodating.:):) All you have to do is ask.

Edited by Husky61

For a 4 day cruise I have left each person an envelope with $5.00 in it. I think there usually is 4 or 5 people serving in Sabatinis. If the cruise is longer I would leave more, but for 3 breakfast days I thought it was enough.

There were four in our party and we each gave the head waiter and the server $20 for a 7 day cruise; we had the same crew every day.

We jokingly said one morning it would be nice to have some blueberry pancakes. That's all that was said. The next morning he asked if we were ready for our blueberry pancakes. They couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating.

Please do not flame me, but what would be an appropriate tip? Do you give everyone a separate one or just give to the main server to share?

Don't feel bad asking a question you don't know the answer to. That's what CC is for IMHO.

We have been in suites many times and have done many B2Bs too. We give each person SEPARATELY who waited on us an envelope. Depending on the service for a 10 day cruise, it is $10-$20 a piece; however, at times we have given $40 to someone who has really taken care of us. The service is always exceptional and this is the one thing we look forward to.

7 to 9 AM Port Days; 730 to 930 AM Sea Days

On the Emerald last month they closed at 9:30 on port days and 10:30 on sea days.

We ordered room service for debarkation morning. It arrived right on time, but was inedible. The scrambled eggs were still liquid, the bacon practically raw and the coffee was cold. It was quite a let down after the breakfasts in Sabatini's all week.

We gave individual envelopes to each of the servers and to the Maitre'd on the last sea day. The girl who waited on us every single breakfast received the largest tip and those who assisted her with the drinks each morning received a lesser amount, but we were still very generous with them all. Lots of hugs all around that last morning.

Edited by DebJ14