Large Table MDR

espmass

I'm traveling with a group of 14 on the Summit shortly. Our reservations are all linked and we are all confirmed with the late seating for dining. Is there any way to confirm ahead of time that we will all be seated at one large table? Obviously we can check when we get onboard and then make changes if necessary but it would be much smoother to know ahead of time. Thanks.

I'm traveling with a group of 14 on the Summit shortly. Our reservations are all linked and we are all confirmed with the late seating for dining. Is there any way to confirm ahead of time that we will all be seated at one large table? Obviously we can check when we get onboard and then make changes if necessary but it would be much smoother to know ahead of time. Thanks.

I don't think there are any tables that actually seat 14 in the MDR of Summit, maybe they could squeeze you into the captain's table :rolleyes: I think 10 is the biggest normal table, maybe they could squeeze 12, but the chairs are fairly wide so more than that literally won't fit.

I suppose it is possible there is a table I am unaware of, that seats more, but none I've noticed on M-Class.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

As soon as you get on the ship, find the dining room folks and make sure that a) your entire group is actually seated together and b) if it's multiple tables (it will be), that the tables are next to each other, assuming that's what you want.

Don't assume because you requested it or checked with HQ prior to the cruise that the ship will have it right.

(I am speaking from experience).

2 tables next to each other would be much easier. Say an 8 top and

and a 6 top.

Go see the Maitr'd after you board the ship. They are set up in the

Rende Veoux Lounge which is located just outside of the main dining

room.

2 tables next to each other would be much easier. Say an 8 top and

and a 6 top.

Go see the Maitr'd after you board the ship. They are set up in the

Rende Veoux Lounge which is located just outside of the main dining

room.

All our reservations were linked together, party of 12 for early dining. I called pre-cruise several times to make sure that our seating arrangements were adjacent to each other. Tried again when we boarded, the Maitr'd was mobbed with people couldn't get near him. When we arrived for dinner my family was divided on two different floors. Maitr'd was again mobbed by people unhappy with their seat assignments. I met with the MDR Restaurant Manager the next day after breakfast and he moved us to all the same floor but not adjacent to each other. Does anyone know of a "secret" phone number I can call before my next family cruise to try to avoid my family being separated again? I would really appreciate your help in this matter, thank- you.

On RCL they put us at one table--I hated it. The teens sat at one end & the adults at the other & we really couldn't fully interact.

On Princess we were at side by side round tables for 8 & 4. Each night we changed up who sat where. My parents would sit with the 2 older grandchildren one night, the 2 younger ones another, all of the grandchildren at the large table while the adult couples sat at the small table together. It was great. (Our servers were the same for both tables so they were fine with it)

10-12 is doable. 14, less so.

you may get 2 6 or 8 tops placed in close proximity.

there just are not that many tables that can fit so large a group in the MDR.

What you want is two tables next to each other. As others have pointed out, there are no tables for 14. Impossible to converse with everyone at a large table. I took a group of 25 on a cruise and we had 3 tables together--people were able to move around between tables. We did need to prepay our gratuities to facilitate that. Of course, that was back in the day when there was adequate waitstaff and the waiters had only two tables. Now they probably have three, so it shouldn't be a problem to get the same waitstaff for two tables.

Your travel agent can have this all worked out ahead of time with shoreside. The problem is that shoreside doesn't always bother to communicate with the ship. I've not had trouble with larger groups, perhaps because we were a group booking, but linking individual reservations is hit or miss, in my experience. Yes, the maitre d' is mobbed. You just have to take a number and wait your turn if you want to get things sorted out. Bring your handheld whatever and play games. Or chat with the other folks who are waiting to see the maitre d' and make some new friends.

Edited by Happy Cruiser 6143

All our reservations were linked together, party of 12 for early dining. I called pre-cruise several times to make sure that our seating arrangements were adjacent to each other. Tried again when we boarded, the Maitr'd was mobbed with people couldn't get near him. When we arrived for dinner my family was divided on two different floors. Maitr'd was again mobbed by people unhappy with their seat assignments. I met with the MDR Restaurant Manager the next day after breakfast and he moved us to all the same floor but not adjacent to each other. Does anyone know of a "secret" phone number I can call before my next family cruise to try to avoid my family being separated again? I would really appreciate your help in this matter, thank- you.

Sorry you had so many issues.....I can only suggest what I know

is the norm. As for calling a secret phone number? If you are a

Capt's Club member, try calling them and see if that helps.

It is not secret..... 800 760 0654.

And I agree with Linda's post.....although there might be a line to

see the Maitr'd, that would be the person to speak with.....it sounds

like something was definitely out of sync since your bookings were

linked together. Hopefully this time it will go more smoothly.

Were you on Equinox? We found that one Asst Maitre D - Sam - is particularly useless. He walked around in a daze as if hoping no one would talk to him. It is the first time ever I've been disappointed in a Maitre D. Usually they are terrific.

Sorry you had so many issues.....I can only suggest what I know

is the norm. As for calling a secret phone number? If you are a

Capt's Club member, try calling them and see if that helps.

It is not secret..... 800 760 0654.

And I agree with Linda's post.....although there might be a line to

see the Maitr'd, that would be the person to speak with.....it sounds

like something was definitely out of sync since your bookings were

linked together. Hopefully this time it will go more smoothly.

We are Elite with Celebrity, love the brand. The Captain's Club told me I needed to handle the large party seating when we embarked. I did call several different people at Celebrity pre-cruise and got different responses. This was the 1st time I took the whole family on Celebrity and never thought my family would wind up on different floors for dinner after all the reservations were linked, very disappointing. When we spoke with the Restaurant Manager he blamed the whole mess on Celebrity Shore Side. I booked another family vacation and I am just trying to solve this situation before boarding.

Now if we told you , it wouldn't be a secret number anymore, would it?

Seriously, I would have gone to the Maitre D and told him I was going to go to the main desk and reduce his tips, if he didn't accommodate us with decent seating. 14 people, thats a lot of cash.

Edited by bananawindnj