RCL Negativity...

COCKYMARK

Seems to me there is lots of it lately...I have been on several different cruiselines before and of course there are ALWAYS some things on each you don't like....but all around RCL is the best! Food varies in quality from ship to ship....but the one thing that no other line can compare is on board amenities RCL is the best hands down! they have the most fun things to do by far! especially Oasis class which seems to get a lot of criticism please tell me of a ship that can even come close to them as far as on board activities?

Seems to me there is lots of it lately...I have been on several different cruiselines before and of course there are ALWAYS some things on each you don't like....but all around RCL is the best! Food varies in quality from ship to ship....but the one thing that no other line can compare is on board amenities RCL is the best hands down! they have the most fun things to do by far! especially Oasis class which seems to get a lot of criticism please tell me of a ship that can even come close to them as far as on board activities?

That is your opinion and that is fine but as someone who has cruised many many times with Royal they have lost the plot for the type of cruises we used to enjoy and we have done their ships from the Majesty to the Quantum.

So now we are going elsewhere but never say never, the right itinery and a good price and we may just return.

Simple answer, in my opinion. There are two types of people... those who embrace mediocrity and those who don't.

In the case of Royal Caribbean, unfortunately, everything aside from the ships themselves has become exceptionally mediocre. It didn't used to be.

I agree to a point, I think RCCL is as good or better than all the main stream lines, value for the money on cruises is unbelievable . Are any cruises perfect, no, everything could be improved but then cost would have to increase and nobody wants that, I still do other lines and AI resorts, but will come back to RCCL

What are the reasons you take a cruise? if you look at most of them RCL still is the best....please give me certain ships and reasons they are better.

Obviously that's your opinion, which you are welcome to. As far as you wanting "certain ships and reasons they are better", the problem with that is everyone has their own definition of "better". Your "better" is obviously going to be different than other people's "better", as it should be. It's kind of silly to ask people to somehow prove that another line or ship is "better".

Edited by time4u2go

I've only cruised RCL and CCL. Which cruise line is the "Superior" cruise line? Which one STILL does it right?

Do you have a good time on either? Then who cares?

Why to people feel the need to tell other people that they should not be having a good time? I don't get that.

Just for you negative nancy's who post here, I'm going to have a good time in spite of what you say. Just to make you MORE mad. Sound good?

But everyone wants something different, I wouldn't thank you for the so called "fun things" no interest in Rock Walls, Ice Skating Flow Riders Water slides etc. So many people here get down on certain features but as I tell anyone thinking about a cruise it is best if you can get the ship that's right for you.

I'm sure the OP will get a lot of pros and cons on this subject. Speaking from our own experiences and opinions, I can honestly say we have not had a bad cruise on any of the three lines that we have tried so far.

Certainly, some have been better than others, and we have our individual favorites. But, for overall experience, we prefer Royal Caribbean and will continue to cruise on RC.

Next year we will be on a different cruise line for the first time and are looking forward to the experience. It will be interesting to compare it with the cruises we had on Carnival, Princess, and RC.

It's nice to have choices in cruise lines. There is something for everyone. Happy cruising everyone!

Edited by JimAOk1945

The deal is what sets one ship or line better than the rest....and mainly I am speaking of oasis class...NO ships on the planet have what they have to offer...and I also like carnival and NCL...but it is just the facts!!

Simple answer, in my opinion. There are two types of people... those who embrace mediocrity and those who don't.

Wow... umm... this is just an internet discussion board but I'm trying really hard not to be offended and even hurt at your comments. Vacations are precious to us - even more so now after my husband's arthritis diagnosis and my cancer treatments. If you are saying you can't abide by RCI and their "mediocrity", then so be it. I will take a wonderful cruise on any "mediocre" RCI ship as opposed to chemotherapy any day.

...I am speaking of oasis class...NO ships on the planet have what they have to offer...and I also like carnival and NCL...but it is just the facts!!

Mark, that's fine. Glad you love Oasis. :) I did not and will not cruise on anything larger than Voyager class again - my personal preference. Not really sure what you are going for in this thread, as this entire board deals with opinions and choices, and they are not always going to be the same between members. ;)

In the case of Royal Caribbean, unfortunately, everything aside from the ships themselves has become exceptionally mediocre. It didn't used to be.

You forgot two other types:

Those who are full of....themselves, and those who are not. :D

This is just like when we planned our WDW trip last year, there were the people that were so excited, then you had the vocal group talking about the glory years, everything is going downhill, no more special treatment, etc....just goes to show you, no one can be satisfied! ;)

We are excited about our first cruise - Freedom of The Seas. I guess I'm glad we never cruised before, you can't miss what you never had. :)

Edited by dreday3

What I am getting at is basically most ships are fairly similar...except for oasis..so why not go with the ship that has the most to offer?

Maybe because it doesn't offer everything? It has a very limited itinerary. Many feel the food isn't as good as other lines/ships. It doesn't have water slides. It doesn't have fireworks.

Obviously some people find these things important and others don't. They are just examples of things that are different or not present on Oasis.

For you to just declare Oasis as having "the most to offer" is pretty ridiculous. There are MANY things it does not offer.

Edited by time4u2go

I think the mediocrity comment was fine. I wasn't offended in the least. Maybe the poster thinks RCI is mediocre. One person's mediocre is another's exceptional. It's okay to have an opinion.

Since I am new to cruising I am genuinely interested in how RCI has gone downhill. Is it primarily the food, or have other areas suffered? I am wondering how it used to be. Thank you to anyone who can tell me how RCI has changed.

Edited by LoriLoriLori

Do you have a good time on either? Then who cares?

Why to people feel the need to tell other people that they should not be having a good time? I don't get that.

Just for you negative nancy's who post here, I'm going to have a good time in spite of what you say. Just to make you MORE mad. Sound good?

Yep, had a great time even on my worst cruise! Nothings perfect but being in the Caribbean on a cruise is better than just about anything near me to do! :D

We are excited about our first cruise - Freedom of The Seas. I guess I'm glad we never cruised before, you can't miss what you never had. :)

You're going to have a great time! The Freedom was my first cruise too and it spoiled me. Been on 3 different CCL ships since including some of their newest and they still don't compare to the Freedom in my opinion. Great first choice! Enjoy her!!!

Maybe because it doesn't offer everything? It has a very limited itinerary... For you to just declare Oasis as having "the most to offer" is pretty ridiculous. There are MANY things it does not offer.

Exactly, thank you. You speak for me as well. :)

To each his/her own on this.

Since I am new to cruising I am genuinely interested in how RCI has gone downhill. Is it primarily the food, or have other areas suffered? I am wondering how it used to be. Thank you to anyone who can tell me how RCI has changed.

How RCCL has changed from those golden times people fondly remember:

Cruising is cheaper

More balconies

Larger cabins

My Time Dining option

Multiple dining venues (My first cruise was on Carnival but I'm pretty sure this applies to Royal as well - Everyone had to eat at either early or late seating, in the main dining room. The buffet was not open for dinner. Your only other option was ordering food off a very limited room service menu. And there were no tables for 2 - you had to dine with other people, no choice.)

Flowriders, more pools, wifi, flat-screen tvs, climbing walls, etc. (You get the picture.

For my husband & I, just being able to board a ship every 2 to 3 yrs is rewarding, there are many people who don't have the opportunity. Granted, our experience on some have not been the best, yet all in all we have enjoyed all our cruises. Our main goal is to see places we might otherwise not get to, enjoying the friendship of others we meet and relaxing. The minor things we didn't like, is just that, minor. We don't judge 1 class of ship, no type cabin as being better then another, because everyone chooses for their own personal reasons. As long as we each have had an enjoyable cruise, that is what matters.

For my husband & I, just being able to board a ship every 2 to 3 yrs is rewarding, there are many people who don't have the opportunity. Granted, our experience on some have not been the best, yet all in all we have enjoyed all our cruises. Our main goal is to see places we might otherwise not get to, enjoying the friendship of others we meet and relaxing. The minor things we didn't like, is just that, minor. We don't judge 1 class of ship, no type cabin as being better then another, because everyone chooses for their own personal reasons. As long as we each have had an enjoyable cruise, that is what matters.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

I think if you have gotten to a point in your life where you can consistently say that any type of vacation can be considered mediocre, it's time to take up a new hobby. I mean, really. There have definitely been things about cruises that have made me disappointed. Our last Carnival cruise we had a terrible room steward. It bummed us out a little to not get anything we asked for from him for the entire 7 days. But it was still better than being home not on vacation.

Vacation is supposed to be about letting GO of the cares that you have to hold onto in your everyday life. Are you so pampered from day to day that a few mistakes or a few fewer amenities makes an entire vacation? Really? Maybe get rid of some of the luxuries in your every day life and pay for a more luxurious cruise line and things will be better for you. For me, not having to do my own cooking, cleaning, or drink mixing will be perfectly acceptable no matter what line it's on.

I don't easily accept mediocrity. I always sail Royal Caribbean and always book a suite. I am always amused by people who book a cruise for as little money as possible and then complain that cruising is not as luxurious as it once was. As long as Royal Caribbean keeps upping their game regarding the suite program I will stay loyal.