Have extra OBC. Needs ideas on how to spend

dom89

When I booked my cruise, I got UBP for free and $100 OBC. Since I will not be spending money on drinks due to UBP, what else can I use the $100 on? We aren't interested on specialty dining, gambling, or internet access. We are buying any excursions we want beforehand in case they will sell out.

The only thing I can think of is the spa or any drinks that are worth more than $10. Any ideas?

Have you prepaid your gratuities? Could it be used for that?

NCL given OBC is usually non-refundable and therefore can only be used on extra tips, not towards the service charge.

Edited by Demonyte

When I booked my cruise, I got UBP for free and $100 OBC. Since I will not be spending money on drinks due to UBP, what else can I use the $100 on? We aren't interested on specialty dining, gambling, or internet access. We are buying any excursions we want beforehand in case they will sell out.

The only thing I can think of is the spa or any drinks that are worth more than $10. Any ideas?

Pictures?

T shirts... Or anything in the store

When I booked my cruise, I got UBP for free and $100 OBC. Since I will not be spending money on drinks due to UBP, what else can I use the $100 on?

Future cruise credit. They charge your account $250 and credit you with $100 OBC. You end up burning $150 of OBC -- and it works against the nonrefundable stuff.

Assuming you have $100 OBC at the start, buying a future cruise credit will cost you $50 in real money and give you a credit for $250 on your next cruise. If you plan to cruise again, it's the best way to burn OBC you don't have any other use for.

BINGO cards! I spent $20 and won almost $200

Also , I would reconsider the ship excursions since they are usually double the amount onshore booking on your own or check your roll call for organized group excursion.

Edited by ISLABONITA

I probably won't do a future cruise. I feel like I will miss out on a good deal from a different travel agent /website. For example, I got this $100 plus free UBP from Expedia. NCL was only offering $50 or UBP, not both.

FYI - You don't have to book directly with NCL to use the deposit deal. You can book with any agent or website, then just call the # on your certificate and NCL will refund you the $250.

You could use it on other purchases on board... like in the gift shops, duty free liquor, jewelry, or maybe a few specialty coffees, perhaps a spa treatment? Photos? Cologne?