Drink Packages: Which Ships Make You Sign A Receipt?

Jmillsarch

Has anyone created a list of ships that require you to sign a receipt when you use a drink package?

I’ve had the Premium Package 4 times on 3 different ships. Twice on Allure I had to sign receipts, I never had to sign anything on Liberty, and most recently on Enchantment I had to sign.

I’m real curious about Oasis. We will be sailing her over spring break.

Thanks,

James

Sign a Receipt: Yes or No

Allure , 05/13 and 01/14 - Yes

Liberty, 04/14 - No

Enchantment, 01/15 - Yes

It isn't on a ship by ship basis (in my experience).

On Oasis last week it depended on the mood of the bartender. About 60% of the time I got receipts for alcohol, and 10% of the time for soda only.

On Explorer for NYE I got receipts probably 75% of the time.

Edited by JasonV1

Just curious, why does it matter?

It's more convenient not to sign receipts and it really speeds up bar service.

On the other hand, when I had a great bar tender on Liberty it was difficult to tip extra without a receipt. This was my first experience without needing to sign a receipt and I had no cash.

I'm trying to plan our trip on Oasis and I've never seen a ship by ship list of which ones make you sign. I thought it might be nice to have one out there.

In my experience it's been all or nothing, but it looks like that may not be the case.

Edited by Jmillsarch

On the other hand, when I had a great bar tender on Liberty it was difficult to tip extra without a receipt. This was my first experience without needing to sign a receipt and I had no cash.

I'm trying to plan our trip on Oasis and I've never seen a ship by ship list of which ones make you sign. I thought it might be nice to have one out there.

In my experience it's been all or nothing, but it looks like that may not be the case.

I usually carry a few singles for extra tips but the receipt makes it easier to do so. Sounds like the practice is not standard.

Slips were given to sign at all bars on Liberty two weeks ago, with the exception of the champagne bar.

I did hear someone say that ordering your drink with a dollar in hand pretty much ensured no slip to sign but I didn't have enough cash on me to try it.

Slips were given to sign at all bars on Liberty two weeks ago, with the exception of the champagne bar.

I did hear someone say that ordering your drink with a dollar in hand pretty much ensured no slip to sign but I didn't have enough cash on me to try it.

Wow. I didn't sign once last year. I guess it's not as constant as I was thinking. Oh well.

February of 2014 on Independence, no signing slips

November of 2013 on Allure, had to sign slips

On Oasis in a few weeks, not getting a beverage package, but I'll make a note to report back on what I observe when I do a review...

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

February of 2014 on Independence, no signing slips

November of 2013 on Allure, had to sign slips

On Oasis in a few weeks, not getting a beverage package, but I'll make a note to report back on what I observe when I do a review...

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks!

This question was posed during the Captain's Corner on our Independence cruise in January but it was posed regarding the vouchers. The questioner was concerned that the servers were losing out on tips because no slips were being printed. He was told it was for the convenience of the passengers and that anyone wanting to tip extra could ask the server for a slip. I didn't have the package so I don't know if the follow the same policy with the packages.

b2b on Jewel last month...DH had the select package, I had the Royal Replenish package. The first week we both had to sign almost every time for the first 3 or 4 days. Towards the end of the first week, most bartenders, servers would print the slip but did not have us sign it. 2nd week the only time we had to sign was one particular server/barista in Cafe Lattetudes. I had cafe frapuccino's every afternoon and he would ALWAYS make me sign,

Just off Indy - spoke with the beverage manager and he told me that company policy is for slips to be signed always however they do leave some discretion up to the individual bartender to skip them.

For example, if the bar is busy, the bartender can skip receipts to speed up service or if you're in the pool they can skip receipts because of wet hands etc.

I would say I was handed a slip about 60% of the time.

We were on the Navigator 1/25-2/1/2015 and had Premium. I used the Solarium bar a lot and the same bartender was there every day. He got used to me tipping with $1 bills and so after the first few drinks in the beginning of the cruise I never had a slip after that.

I never had any slips for soft drinks.