Concierge Lounge gone from Oasis

djjoe

I guess I'm just not "getting it" on this issue. We are doing our first Oasis cruise next fall and I have accepted that this will be an entirely different experience. I don't expect it to be the same old cruise style. I can tell that there are MANY more suites on this ship and it doesn't surprise me that the suite perks are different than other ships. The new DL seems lovely and a reasonable size - certainly larger than the DL's on Voyager/Freedom class. Is it that the D+ are unhappy with the loss of "status" of a CL? We are D+ and my feeling is that this is a unique setup on Oasis class only. It doesn't concern me (yet) that this will be happening fleetwide. I think Royal is trying to keep the CL/DL's for all and the 3 drink coupons is their way to compensate for the overcrowding issues. Time will tell.....

Wolfie, you must quit using logic, or these kinds of threads will drive you crazy.

Just trying to help.

jc<---- always here to help.

I guess I'm just not "getting it" on this issue. We are doing our first Oasis cruise next fall and I have accepted that this will be an entirely different experience. I don't expect it to be the same old cruise style. I can tell that there are MANY more suites on this ship and it doesn't surprise me that the suite perks are different than other ships. The new DL seems lovely and a reasonable size - certainly larger than the DL's on Voyager/Freedom class. Is it that the D+ are unhappy with the loss of "status" of a CL? We are D+ and my feeling is that this is a unique setup on Oasis class only. It doesn't concern me (yet) that this will be happening fleetwide. I think Royal is trying to keep the CL/DL's for all and the 3 drink coupons is their way to compensate for the overcrowding issues. Time will tell.....

You said it ..RIGHT..... youre not getting it......

I have been D+ since the first Oasis sailing....The Cl lounge was truly a wonderful treat for a long time....Those who were there understand.... I already miss it.

Edited by JohnSnowGOT

I have been D+ since the first Oasis sailing....The Cl lounge was truly a wonderful treat for a long time....Those who were there understand.... I already miss it.

The CL is still there... The poor diamonds who had to suffer thru a balcony over looking the Starbucks kiosk, had to leave their home, and now are suffering by mistreatment of their big brothers the Diamond Pluses. Poor pitiful diamonds are never wanted by anyone....:rolleyes:

jc

I think you may be overstating the problem... at least for now.

1. The situation on Oasis with D+ is unique. There are no indications that changes will be made to any other existing class of ships.

2. The loss of the hot breakfast and lunch is a loss, but it is not a deal breaker

3. As D+ we still have access to the old CL with its great views.

It seems the assumptions here are that the changes on Oasis are the beginning of the apocalypse.

Besides being untrue, I don't see why anyone would want to post stuff that would give encouragement to RCCL to make changes. Such comments as "changes are inevitable and will they will cut our benefits" do nothing to help us retain our benefits!

The CL is still there... The poor diamonds who had to suffer thru a balcony over looking the Starbucks kiosk, had to leave their home, and now are suffering by mistreatment of their big brothers the Diamond Pluses. Poor pitiful diamonds are never wanted by anyone....:rolleyes:

jc

Luckily it does not take to long to get to D+

The CL on Oasis (and Allure still, for now at least) was indeed special. Beautiful space with a view (assume it has not lost that!), so it was already better than other CL's. Then, for whatever reason, the line made it more exceptional by offering hot breakfast, and a lunch menu, and wine/beer at lunch. That was great...and remarkable as it was not offered or added to other CL. Perhaps the company was sorry they had ever added those CL offerings to Oasis Class, because they withdrew those special breakfast and breakfast offerings from Oasis.

I now look at the hot breakfast, and a lunch menu, and wine/beer at lunch in the Oasis as a short lived bonus, not as a "had it previously, so now you owe it to me forever" obligation. If it remains the DL, I can still use the wonderful room...if I can find space. I hope the company finds more space for loyalty members on Oasis, and I hope they do not take space away from loyalty members on Allure.

I am one of the D+ cruisers who is being banned from the CL (renamed Suite Lounge) for the second time. I do not see much of a difference between D and D+ benefits any more. I enjoyed the CL on the Oasis - the food, atmosphere and service were a step above the regular Diamond Lounge offerings. I did not see a lot of crowding during happy hour because I do not usually get there until after first seating starts.

It makes me unhappy to lose benefits a second time.

Ditto. We'd only been d for one cruise before being banned from the CL. We reach d+ in May, and it looks like history will repeat itself on our Allure cruise in August. Very little difference in d and d+ now

Edited by suekay

Why do you miss it? You still have it. Instead of sharing it with suite people, you will be sharing it with Diamonds. Oh the horror.

Suekay - we experienced the same thing as Diamonds. Had one cruise with the CL, had another booked and they made the change a few months before our sailing. Wasn't happy about it, moaned and groaned a little bit and then got on with my life. A few hours in a CL (if that) doesn't impact my cruise that much.

jc - :D You have no idea how often I am on the verge of posting the exact same phrases to you. Why must we be burdened with such a heavy load of common sense? Some day I hope we meet onboard so we can compare the agony of our logical minds.

That is one of the things I enjoyed on the Oasis.

Bob, is Coastal Kitchen serving Breakfast and Lunch now?

I'm not sure, but I think I've read that they do serve breakfast and lunch.

Edited by clarea

I "get" missing the breakfast/lunch in the DL. Completely. I was also really surprised that it was offered at all. I understand that disappointment since I'm sure it was a nice intimate venue for those meals.

Yes Coastal Kitchen serves breakfast and lunch for suites and Pinnacle only. Guests can join them for dinner with reservations.

That is one of the things I enjoyed on the Oasis.

Bob, is Coastal Kitchen serving Breakfast and Lunch now?

They were in November. I am not sure if it has changed since then.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Why do you miss it? You still have it. Instead of sharing it with suite people, you will be sharing it with Diamonds. Oh the horror.

Suekay - we experienced the same thing as Diamonds. Had one cruise with the CL, had another booked and they made the change a few months before our sailing. Wasn't happy about it, moaned and groaned a little bit and then got on with my life. A few hours in a CL (if that) doesn't impact my cruise that much.

jc - :D You have no idea how often I am on the verge of posting the exact same phrases to you. Why must we be burdened with such a heavy load of common sense? Some day I hope we meet onboard so we can compare the agony of our logical minds.

Thanks Sir, now that you have minimized the opinions that you don't agree with and patted yourself on the back for the ones you do agree with...I hope you have a good night:rolleyes:

They may miss the made to order breakfast and lunch that has been eliminated from that venue.

BINGO and DITTO!

We are recently Diamond Plus and the made to order breakfast and lunch with wine and beer now being eliminated is why we are disappointed. We just got that very nice perk and now it is gone already. Our disappointment has nothing to do with Diamond and Diamond Plus being together in the same lounge. We have made many Diamond, Gold Platinum, Emerald, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle friends.

They may miss the made to order breakfast and lunch that has been eliminated from that venue.

That was one thing that Jim and I really looked forward to when we did our recent 3 cruises on Allure especially after reading all the great comments here on CC.

We are not picky eaters, but when we order something, we expect to be served what we ordered!! First morning, Jim orders a one egg ham and cheese omelet. When the waiter brought him his order, it was not the omelet he ordered as it had everything in it.

We told the waiter that was not the omelet we ordered, so he took it back to whomever made it. A minute later, he came back to our table with the same omelet and said, "Yes, this is the omelet you ordered"!!!! As not to create a scene, Jim ate some of the omelet and then we left. We never returned for either breakfast or lunch.

The next morning we decided to eat breakfast at Johnny Rocket's which became our breakfast stop each morning. After the second visit, the staff knew exactly what we were going to order. Stephanie and her JR Team were truly the highlight of our cruises on Allure.

BINGO and DITTO!

We are recently Diamond Plus and the made to order breakfast and lunch with wine and beer now being eliminated is why we are disappointed. We just got that very nice perk and now it is gone already. Our disappointment has nothing to do with Diamond and Diamond Plus being together in the same lounge. We have made many Diamond, Gold Platinum, Emerald, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle friends.

Perfectly understandable. Reading some of the disconnects on this thread I can only wonder if some of the posters who don't seem to get it have not sailed Oasis or Allure. I say that because across the rest of the fleet, frankly, there is little to no difference between the offerings in CL and the DL. Heck, the DL is nicer on the Freedom Class ships! But it rest of these fleet is a poster's only basis of comparison they obviously would not appreciate what D+s lost on Oasis.

That was one thing that Jim and I really looked forward to when we did our recent 3 cruises on Allure especially after reading all the great comments here on CC.

We are not picky eaters, but when we order something, we expect to be served what we ordered!! First morning, Jim orders a one egg ham and cheese omelet. When the waiter brought him his order, it was not the omelet he ordered as it had everything in it.

We told the waiter that was not the omelet we ordered, so he took it back to whomever made it. A minute later, he came back to our table with the same omelet and said, "Yes, this is the omelet you ordered"!!!! As not to create a scene, Jim ate some of the omelet and then we left. We never returned for either breakfast or lunch.

The next morning we decided to eat breakfast at Johnny Rocket's which became our breakfast stop each morning. After the second visit, the staff knew exactly what we were going to order. Stephanie and her JR Team were truly the highlight of our cruises on Allure.

So odd to have them act that way. Something else must have been going on with the waiter, or between the waiter and the cook. The service is usually excellent.

Perfectly understandable. Reading some of the disconnects on this thread I can only wonder if some of the posters who don't seem to get it have not sailed Oasis or Allure. I say that because across the rest of the fleet, frankly, there is little to no difference between the offerings in CL and the DL. Heck, the DL is nicer on the Freedom Class ships! But it rest of these fleet is a poster's only basis of comparison they obviously would not appreciate what D+s lost on Oasis.

I kind of fit into the group you mentioned. We cruised on Allure as Diamond and obviously did not have access to the CL at that time. We are now D+ and have a booking for April. I was looking forward to lunch and beer in the CL, but those hopes were dashed when the dry dock looked like CL was becoming Wonderland. Disappointed, but got over it. Now the CL is new DL, but no lunch with drinks, oh well. BTW, we do have a JS, so I have heard some folks say CK is available. I will be pleasantly surprised if it is.

I start each and every morning on the Oasis at JRs... before I go surfing on the flowrider. Super awesome, even when I was sitting in the rain..

jc

I kind of fit into the group you mentioned. We cruised on Allure as Diamond and obviously did not have access to the CL at that time. We are now D+ and have a booking for April. I was looking forward to lunch and beer in the CL, but those hopes were dashed when the dry dock looked like CL was becoming Wonderland. Disappointed, but got over it. Now the CL is new DL, but no lunch with drinks, oh well. BTW, we do have a JS, so I have heard some folks say CK is available. I will be pleasantly surprised if it is.

From what I have read, it sounds like Coastal Kitchen is available to Junior Suites for some meals, just not the beverages at the "suite lounge" bar. :D

BINGO and DITTO!

I also enjoyed the extras offered in the CL on Oasis Class. The hot breakfast and lunch with wine and beer are not on the list of D+ perks nor were they offered on other class of ships. Now that extra offering (nice as it was) has disappeared off Oasis. I understand the disappointment, but it was always an extra, not a promised perk. Even if the room were still called the CL, that extra could have been discontinued at any time without any notice.

BTW, on one Allure cruise, the CL breakfast waiter messed up my orders each time. He seemed to just randomly bring whatever he wished. he seemed surprised when I hit my limited and asked for the food I actually ordered!

I also enjoyed the extras offered in the CL on Oasis Class. The hot breakfast and lunch with wine and beer are not on the list of D+ perks nor were they offered on other class of ships. Now that extra offering (nice as it was) has disappeared off Oasis. I understand the disappointment, but it was always an extra, not a promised perk. Even if the room were still called the CL, that extra could have been discontinued at any time without any notice.

BTW, on one Allure cruise, the CL breakfast waiter messed up my orders each time. He seemed to just randomly bring whatever he wished. he seemed surprised when I hit my limited and asked for the food I actually ordered!

It is unfortunate that the waiter messed up your orders. That was not the case on our Allure cruise. The food and service in the CL was wonderful. We are still disappointed that the Breakfast and Lunches in the CL have been eliminated.