LIVE - Couple's Blog from Quantum - Feb. 20, 2015

curryshake

Some hilariously disturbing art in the ship's hallway.

4e7195f04087fbd941f6fd8d83ba8b3f.jpg

OMG, that is hilarious.

What would a cross of a moose and a mountain look like, let alone what would you call it? A Ramoose or a Mooram? Birthing could be hard, depending the conception rates.

I am following this review till the end, for sure.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Oh, and Ken estimated that there are about 4100 people on board. They don't have the final count yet. Which is a bit odd, considering, you know, computers and such.

Hmm not a full house or maybe more solo cruisers?

When you say the food is not as good as DCL your current experience on RCL is based ib Silk and WJ thus far? I'd be curious to see what the final tally would be after the many comments that the food on RCL has declined over the last little while.

Having been on QoS recently, generally found the meals good and discovered that I'm not really a buffet person anywhere land or sea.

Love the viewpoints from both of you; will be a similar experience for me & the hubby when we go in March. Love reading your posts, thank you so much for doing this!!

I will be following you to the end...we are debating on the drink packages; we are not huge drinkers, but love our coffee and wine. Rarely drink soda. I don't think we will be getting our money's worth from it.

I'd love to know if you think it was worth it; for it to be for us, we'd have to get the package that includes Starbucks. :)

Time for an aperitif before lunch. This is the wine menu at the bar in 270. I'm having the fume blanc, which the bartender said was his favorite after I ordered it. It is quite good. DH is having the Berringer rose, which is a little sweet for his taste.

ae42d5bb63ec1307cc1098e6dd2e7335.jpg

02bb13588ced9e1cb9d00011f6a99c16.jpg

Ha. I thought it was odd that this fume blanc was oaked. Turns out the bartender gave me the chardonnay instead (I couldn't see the label when he poured it). No harm, no foul. I got to try something new, and it doesn't cost any extra with the drinks package.

The Beringer Rose is going to be sweet - it's White Zinfandel, which is a a semi-sweet wine. It usually has added sugar in it too, depending on the Brix level of the zinfandel grapes it's made from. It shouldn't be listed as a rose...it's really not one. The Whispering Angel is more of a true rose wine; it's a dry blend of more than one wines.

Yes, I work at a winery. :)

Just checked out a roboshow in 270. Interesting, and a nice way to kill 20 minutes before seeing Mamma Mia. We just snagged some good seats, front row in the blue seat section, slightly off center. Should be perfect viewing.

Time for an aperitif before lunch. This is the wine menu at the bar in 270. I'm having the fume blanc, which the bartender said was his favorite after I ordered it. It is quite good. DH is having the Berringer rose, which is a little sweet for his taste.

ae42d5bb63ec1307cc1098e6dd2e7335.jpg

02bb13588ced9e1cb9d00011f6a99c16.jpg

Wow, on the January 23rd cruise I paid $12 for a glass of Whispering Angel in the Schooner bar. I wonder if there are different prices depending on where you get it, or if they lowered the price since January.

I think the snacks are not included (fees applies!!). Be carefull! ;)

Bon voyage!!

Thanks, we guessed that. Besides the roses, my parents also sent chocolates, chocolate covered strawberries, and Champagne (not pictured). They were all labeled as gifts.

Oops, didn't realize I hit send. DH knew the white zin was a sweet wine, but some friends in a wine class we recently completed who had similar taste in wines kept recommending Beringer. With the drinks package it was a no risk trial.

Time to get some new friends ...

But seriously, thanks for the review. I don't think we'll be trying Quantum, or at least not any time soon, but it is interesting to see some of the details of what she looks like. Bumper cars at sea just isn't what we're looking for in a cruise.

Edited by CntPAcruiser

This is my favorite ship so far. I'm sitting in Two70 right now watching the ship's wake through huge ceiling high windows. Sooooo relaxing.

The internet is great! I paid $153 for two devices - diamond plus member.

I've eaten at Izumi, Grande and Devinly Decadence - all were amazing!!!

I hope you don't mind me putting my "two cents" on your blog!!!!

Only up to two devices? When i was onboard the Mariner of the Seas, it was up to three devices. I thought when you purchase the internet pckage it corresponds up to how many cruisers you are in your room. I was cruising with my brother and father for the new year of 2015.

They have changed the packages, and the most devices in a package I see now are just two.

I, too, have only seen the options of one or two devices.