What is your favorite food to eat on Royal Caribbean

I wish they would bring back the honeystung chicken!

I just can't understand the fascination about the honeystung chicken.....I just wasn't impressed by it, and I LOVE chicken. I put it in the same category as General Tso Chicken -- unimpressed by it.

Mine is escargot and my husband loves their lamb shank.

I like most of their appetizers...but what are Savory Bites?

Are they served in a lounge?

They are very small triangle shaped rolls that to me have a sun dried tomato taste. They are tough to chew, but I slather some butter on them. I usually ask for 3 or 4 of them each night in the MDR. They are smaller than a golf ball...so grab more than one.

It was off the Chocolate breakfast menu

Was served in MDR on day 6 of a 7 night cruise

Belgian waffles covered in Chocolate Sauce, fresh cream and fresh fruit compote.

DD loved it!

The chocolate breakfast menu was not chocolaty enough for this chocolate lover on Allure in 2014. JMO.

Edited by Paulette3028

Everything was my favorite on our Radiance of the Seas Alaska cruise! I will say the one night we ate at a specialty restaurant, Rita's Crabshack...had crab legs, crab cakes and the chowder...it was DELISH!!! I mean that chowder was the bomb! We had eaten lunch that day in Juneau at Tracy's Crab Shack just off of the dock. Rita's was WAY better and a better value!

Yay! I will search out the crab cake at Rita's on our upcoming Alaska cruise.

The chocolate breakfast menu was not chocolaty enough for this chocolate lover on Allure in 2014. JMO.

Was for us, our chocolate shakes were always more than 1/2 full, the chocolate muffins covered in hot chocolate sauce were really chocolately

The hot chocolate was hot

And the chocolate mousse with chocolate chip pancakes, really were very chocolately.

Guess you never asked for the really chocolately breakfast;)

I suppose for some people, nothing will be to their liking.:rolleyes:

We always go to breakfast with an open mind and a BIG Positive attitude, makes the chocolate taste even better.

I used to have a pet tortoise that followed me everywhere, and never thanked me for anything.. But that was OK, they got the glory for beating the hare:D

Maybe on Jewel they just have more chocolate:eek:

Happy Days!

Was for us, our chocolate shakes were always more than 1/2 full, the chocolate muffins covered in hot chocolate sauce were really chocolately

The hot chocolate was hot

And the chocolate mousse with chocolate chip pancakes, really were very chocolately.

Guess you never asked for the really chocolately breakfast;)

I suppose for some people, nothing will be to their liking.:rolleyes:

We always go to breakfast with an open mind and a BIG Positive attitude, makes the chocolate taste even better.

I used to have a pet tortoise that followed me everywhere, and never thanked me for anything.. But that was OK, they got the glory for beating the hare:D

Maybe on Jewel they just have more chocolate:eek:

Happy Days!

I am an incredibly easy foodie.....when I order chocolate pancakes, I expect chocolate pancakes not regular pancake batter with chocolate 'marblized' though it. I could have put chocolate sauce on it, but that isn't what it should need to make them really chocolate pancakes. That is my interpretation. Was what we ate for breakfast good -- yes.....just not chocolaty enough for me.

I don't like any mousse -- chocolate or otherwise. And chocolate chip pancakes should have enough chocolate chips in them, not to need chocolate mousse on it.....but if you enjoyed them that way, that is fine. Not my kind of way to have chocolate chip pancakes.

I ordered Chocolate Chip pancakes on another day from the MDR and asked that they put in a double handful of chips, and got my chocolate chip pancakes the way I liked them -- magic -- but it wasn't on the day of "The Chocolate Breakfast".

I am an incredibly easy foodie.....when I order chocolate pancakes, I expect chocolate pancakes not regular pancake batter with chocolate 'marblized' though it. I could have put chocolate sauce on it, but that isn't what it should need to make them really chocolate pancakes. That is my interpretation. Was what we ate for breakfast good -- yes.....just not chocolaty enough for me.

I don't like any mousse -- chocolate or otherwise. And chocolate chip pancakes should have enough chocolate chips in them, not to need chocolate mousse on it.....but if you enjoyed them that way, that is fine. Not my kind of way to have chocolate chip pancakes.

I ordered Chocolate Chip pancakes on another day from the MDR and asked that they put in a double handful of chips, and got my chocolate chip pancakes the way I liked them -- magic -- but it wasn't on the day of "The Chocolate Breakfast".

Best you skip the chocolate breakfast in future, if they do not deliver what YOU expect, best to try over venues:D

And being such an incredibly easy foodie, you seem very picky JMO

I contradict myself all the time as well, it's OK:)

Maybe Allure just doesn't cut it like Jewel, maybe the dessert Chefs on Jewel are much better

Some people are more negative and more picky than others.

Be Happy

Happy Days!

No idea who the Activities manager is on Jewel for the morning show;)

Best you skip the chocolate breakfast in future, if they do not deliver what YOU expect, best to try over venues:D

And being such an incredibly easy foodie, you seem very picky JMO

I contradict myself all the time as well, it's OK:)

Maybe Allure just doesn't cut it like Jewel, maybe the dessert Chefs on Jewel are much better

Some people are more negative and more picky than others.

Be Happy

Happy Days!

No idea who the Activities manager is on Jewel for the morning show;)

The advertised special "Chocolate Breakfast" is simply not chocolaty enough for me....and I can get anything I want 'made chocolaty enough' in the MDR on any day I want. That is a POSITIVE. I never said the food did not taste good, or was in any way bad....just not as chocolaty as I would like.

• 4 weeks later...
Honey stung chicken on the embarkation buffet!!!! :D

You will be disappointed then. No more HSC fleetwide. And if you see a room service menu with on there, they bring you chicken fingers instead.

We were on Allure the week of April 5, and were surprised by the menu choices at Cafe Promenade. First of all, the Ranger cookies were rarely available. They had another coconut cookie, but it wasn't the Ranger. On embarkation day, they had several items that we'd never seen (but I had read about in this thread), e.g. cheesecake pops, zeppelins, etc. The surprise was that the menu never changed all week. We had the same finger sandwiches and pastries throughout the cruise. On previous cruises, these have changed daily.

The other surprise was the lack of salads and antipasti at Sorrento's. On previous Allure sailings, we've found mixed green salads, cold cuts, cheeses, etc. This was disappointing. Also gone were the personalized pizzas. The space for the toppings was still there, but I never saw it in use.

On the bright side, we had our first visit to Giovanni's Table. Highly recommended. It was really tasty, a great value, and the staff was super friendly. I can't imagine how the Chops filet could be any better!

Thought the MDR dinners were very good overall - prime rib was tough, though. Otherwise was all very good. Giovanni's risotto, gnocchi, rack of lamb were excellent as was the cannoli and a brandy cream dessert. WJ, IMHO tended to be a hot mess much of the time, with a few bright spots. Breakfast and dinner were decent in WJ - love their powdered scrambled eggs as well as the breakfast potatoes (not hash brown patties, but the chopped taters with onion), fried eggs were pretty good if you got them hot, bacon was good (if you picked the crispy pieces from the bottom), and the corned beef hash was really good. Lunch seemed to be more hit and miss (mostly miss). The sausages they offered a few times were decent, though I didn't care for the hot dogs too much - they had an OK flavor, but had a mushy texture to them - burgers were beyond horrible. Fresh dinner rolls, along with salad and fresh cheeses were all great. Sometimes found a few decent lunch entrees, but some of their choices don't hold well under heat lamps/hot trays and might have been good otherwise. Sorrento's pizza was like cardboard and ketchup (as stated elsewhere). I personally didn't care for any of the sandwiches from Sorrento's or Cafe Promenade. FWIW, I didn't really care for much of anything from Cafe Promenade, though the cookies were decent. Desserts seem to be a tough mark for Royal Caribbean for some reason. The only really good desserts we had were in Giovanni's (didn't try any other specialty options to be fair). The bananas foster was so-so, and the creme brulee was actually good.