Newspapers

Baandb

I thought in a suite it was complimentary:confused:

That wasn't our experience. You can read a free copy in the lounge but we were given an order form to complete asking which, if any, we would like to purchase. We were in a PH Suite.

We ended up spending something like $6 for a daily NY Times. A word of warning - the font was incredibly small and I found it difficult to read.

Yes, the font is really small. I have poor eyesight and can barely read the headlines :)

Yes, the font is really small. I have poor eyesight and can barely read the headlines :)

If you run into this issue again, SAY SOMETHING TO YOUR BUTLER.

Traditional magnifying glasses are available upon request, in fact they are standard equipment in the big Suites, and the better more experienced Butlers maintain a stock of those generic magnifying spectacles, "just in case".

If you run into this issue again, SAY SOMETHING TO YOUR BUTLER.

Traditional magnifying glasses are available upon request, in fact they are standard equipment in the big Suites, and the better more experienced Butlers maintain a stock of those generic magnifying spectacles, "just in case".

Although even better would be to print a version with at least 4 font!

Although even better would be to print a version with at least 4 font!

Ah, but the Green Police would disagree with you there.....

And with all of the Suites having Ipads now, it's only a matter of time before the physical printing of any newspaper at all becomes a thing of the past.

We've been in both the Owners Suite and the Oceania Suite and always offered a newspaper for each of us. We like the Post and the LA Times. But the list was very long to pick from--never a extra cost.

Rick

We have sailed in Owners suites and Oceania suite and are always offered 3 complimentary newspaper subscription per cruise. Almost every newspaper in the world is offered. The butlers have a standard list of about a dozen newspapers but on our last cruse (a couple of weeks ago) we received the NY Times, LA Times every day except Sunday editions. It becomes a tremendouse burden to try to keep up the newspapers unless you have lots of sea days on your cruise.

I found the font size just fine. What you get is the actual newspaper including the ads reduced to fit on large sheets of paper. I guess that if your newspaper of choice is printed on huge sheets of paper - when reduced to fit on the standard size that Oceania's printer can handle the font may be small.

The NY Times, LA Tines and USA Today are quite readable.

The newspaper's are great.We always get the NYTimes .The price is $6.50 a day.Two years ago we were on the Marina and a passenger came up to me and informed me I was not allowed to remove newspapers from the concierge lounge.I showed him that it was my paper.Has your name and stateroom #on each page.

The newspaper's are great.We always get the NYTimes .The price is $6.50 a day.Two years ago we were on the Marina and a passenger came up to me and informed me I was not allowed to remove newspapers from the concierge lounge.I showed him that it was my paper.Has your name and stateroom #on each page.

No charge in upper suites!