First cruise on RCL

TominNC

We've been on two Carnival cruises, with the kids, but this is the first time for just my wife and me and our first on Royal Caribbean.

We're on Freedom April 5. I hope this was a good choice, since it was my idea and I made the arrangements. The pressure's on.

We've been on two Carnival cruises, with the kids, but this is the first time for just my wife and me and our first on Royal Caribbean.

We're on Freedom April 5. I hope this was a good choice, since it was my idea and I made the arrangements. The pressure's on.

You might want to check-in on your roll call:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2039154

These are the folks on your specific cruise.

Out of Port Canaveral? We were on that ship last April. Had a great time. Really enjoyed Vintages. The somaliers(?) were great. Our head waiter in My Time Dining was Fisal (not sure of spelling), he also manages Cafe Promenade. I would also check out the Chef's Table, a little pricey but well worth it. Also, look for the waiter in the Solarium that says "so nice, so nice" when he brings a drink. You'll have a great time.

Good choice...you will have a wonderful time.

Since you're going without kids, here are my suggestions:

-Book a night at one of the specialty restaurants

-Predinner drinks at the champagne bar or Bolero's

-Plan on hanging out in the (adults only) solarium

Have a great trip!

Out of Port Canaveral? We were on that ship last April. Had a great time. Really enjoyed Vintages. The somaliers(?) were great. Our head waiter in My Time Dining was Fisal (not sure of spelling), he also manages Cafe Promenade. I would also check out the Chef's Table, a little pricey but well worth it. Also, look for the waiter in the Solarium that says "so nice, so nice" when he brings a drink. You'll have a great time.

Where do they do Chef's Table on Freedom? We really enjoyed it on Legend

I think you will be very happy with your choice. We came over to Royal Caribbean after trying Carnival. We picked Carnival specifically for the itineraries since we wanted to see Mayan ruins and drive to the cruise port. We enjoyed each of our Carnival cruises, but we enjoy RC much more! We haven't been on Freedom, but have cruised on three other RC ships and have another RC cruise booked for December.

Take lots of pictures. Make wonderful memories! You will have a great time!

Edited by JimAOk1945

Freedom is one of our FAVORITE ships. So much to do, you won't have time for everything. Don't miss the Quest (adults only), started around 10:30-11pm. Even if you don't want to try the FlowRider, it's fun to watch. Don't miss the Ice show. You'll have a great time. We will be back on Freedom in June and can't wait. This will be our third cruise on this ship. Enjoy.

we are frequent cruisers on many lines and had taken several Carnival/Princess and Seabourn cruises before our first RCCL cruise on The Freedom. We absolutely loved the Freedom--lots to do, really upbeat compared to Carnival and a fun ship (and probably the best first RCCL cruise possible).

Have fun-- you will be worshiped as a THE True "Vacation planning Expert" as a result of your choice I am sure!

I think they roped off a section by Portofino's before you go into Windjammer Cafe. It was really nice the way they did it. Price included a cookbook and a galley tour.

That's what I was afraid of. :(

It worked nice in it's own space, can't imagine the same experience in the WJ.

I think I know the space, we did a cooking class there several years ago

We took our first RC cruise on Freedom of the Seas and LOVED it! She is a GREAT ship.

really in the Jade Restaurant area. There wasn't any traffic going through there, they routed it all to the other side. it was actually a pretty intimate setting. We are cruising in a couple of weeks on the Oasis and plan to do the Chefs Table there.