Port Everglades terminals

jagsfan

I see that on March 29 Regal is leaving from Terminal 2, Royal from Terminal 21, and Allure of the Seas, 18.

When we sailed on Oasis, the terminal was great, with seating sections for elite, platinum, etc. very comfortable.

I can't remember exactly how the other terminals have been arranged.

Somewhere, we have filed into rows of seats as we came in, and invariably, rows that filled after ours got called first.

I get my embarkation ports confused in my old age!

What are the chances Terminal 21 is like our Ossis sailing was?

I see that on March 29 Regal is leaving from Terminal 2, Royal from Terminal 21, and Allure of the Seas, 18.

When we sailed on Oasis, the terminal was great, with seating sections for elite, platinum, etc. very comfortable.

I can't remember exactly how the other terminals have been arranged.

Somewhere, we have filed into rows of seats as we came in, and invariably, rows that filled after ours got called first.

I get my embarkation ports confused in my old age!

What are the chances Terminal 21 is like our Ossis sailing was?

Speaking of old age - some of the older employees are not very nice. (not the ones that check you in but the ones telling you where to sit, etc.) We have had bad experiences a few times just trying to ask them a simple question! Not a great way to start a cruise! I was a little embarrassed when I brought my mom & sister on their 1st Princess cruise. I had told them how wonderful everyone is! :(

Speaking of old age - some of the older employees are not very nice. (not the ones that check you in but the ones telling you where to sit' date=' etc.) We have had bad experiences a few times just trying to ask them a simple question! Not a great way to start a cruise! I was a little embarrassed when I brought my mom & sister on their 1st Princess cruise. I had told them how wonderful everyone is! :([/quote']

I don't think any of those working in the terminal are Princess employees.

Speaking of old age - some of the older employees are not very nice. (not the ones that check you in but the ones telling you where to sit' date=' etc.) We have had bad experiences a few times just trying to ask them a simple question! Not a great way to start a cruise! I was a little embarrassed when I brought my mom & sister on their 1st Princess cruise. I had told them how wonderful everyone is! :([/quote']

I do believe these folks are not Princess employees. Were they rude or just unable to answer your questions?

Terminal 21 will have the same separate check-in lines for Elite/Suite, Platinum, and remaining non-preferred as Terminal 2 does. I cannot vouch for separate waiting areas as the one time we sailed from 21 we arrived well after boarding commenced. But I have never witness Princess boarding groups in random order, always called in numerical order based on arrival time (though Elite/Suites first of course). Terminals 2, 19, 21 and 26 are organized to Carnival Corps specs, while 18 and 25 are the domain of RCI and X.

As for shoreside personnel: Port Everglades is the same as everywhere else--at the check in desk you will receive a friendly welcome, but the "traffic control" people are, to put it mildly, quite brusque in their behavior that they seem to think is necessary to keep order. Seems to be a constant on every cruise lines' embarkation/disembarkation days throughout the US, Canada, and Europe.

Edited by fishywood

OK, I guess the RCCL terminals are set up inside differently from the Carnival Corp ones. I really liked the Oasis set up.

As long as we get aboard and start our cruise it doesn't matter that much.

We see the same people that run the terminal over & over each cruise and found that they couldn't be any more pleasant especially when directing thousands of people daily. The ones you ran into must have just had a bad day.

Where can I find out which terminal Princess will use for my upcoming cruise in April (Emerald Princess for 4/22 at Port Everglades)?

Thank you.

The official schedule won't be available for a while. But, since the Emerald Princess is the only ship in port that day, she'll most likely be at terminal 2. Princess uses terminal 2 as first choice.

Where can I find out which terminal Princess will use for my upcoming cruise in April (Emerald Princess for 4/22 at Port Everglades)?

Thank you.

I have the Everglades app on my iPhone. It gives the schedule 30 days prior to departure. Still too early for your sailing.

I have the Everglades app on my iPhone. It gives the schedule 30 days prior to departure. Still too early for your sailing.

I was just looking at the site for my upcoming cruise. It shows Caribbean Princess starting location as BUOY and ending in berth 02. What does the BUOY mean?

I was just looking at the site for my upcoming cruise. It shows Caribbean Princess starting location as BUOY and ending in berth 02. What does the BUOY mean?

BUOY refers to the pilot buoy where all ships must have the pilot on board by. This is the beginning of the port tracking of the ship. If you look at teh departure, it'll state that you start at berth 2 and end at the BUOY.

The Buoy is a market buoy in the ocean outside the harbor.....close to where the harbor pilot boards the ship.

BUOY refers to the pilot buoy where all ships must have the pilot on board by. This is the beginning of the port tracking of the ship. If you look at teh departure, it'll state that you start at berth 2 and end at the BUOY.

Oops! I see it now. I was looking at the arrival rather than the departure. Thanks for the clarification! :)

Terminal 21 will have the same separate check-in lines for Elite/Suite, Platinum, and remaining non-preferred as Terminal 2 does. I cannot vouch for separate waiting areas as the one time we sailed from 21 we arrived well after boarding commenced.
We left from Terminal 21 in December on a cruise on the Caribbean Princess. They had a separate waiting room for Elite and suite passengers. I think the Platinum passengers were separated from the others but still in the large room of the terminal.

That cruise was just three days long and left on a Saturday. When we came back, the ship docked at Terminal 2 since it was available. We were staying on for the next cruise, so we enjoyed being close enough to walk to Total Wine. It was inconvenient for those passengers who had parked at the deck beside Terminal 21.

We see the same people that run the terminal over & over each cruise and found that they couldn't be any more pleasant especially when directing thousands of people daily. The ones you ran into must have just had a bad day.

I took 3 cruises out of Fort Lauderdale this Jan/Feb - two on Princess and one on RCI. On both Princess departures we ran into the "bad day" people and on RCI everyone was wonderful. Given the number of reports here I do think Port Everglades/Princess has more of a problem than just a "bad day." That said, I think the problem is undersized terminals and short turnarounds that drives the "rude" conduct of the traffic control people. The RCI terminal is literally 10 times the size of the Princess terminals.

I took 3 cruises out of Fort Lauderdale this Jan/Feb - two on Princess and one on RCI. On both Princess departures we ran into the "bad day" people and on RCI everyone was wonderful. Given the number of reports here I do think Port Everglades/Princess has more of a problem than just a "bad day." That said, I think the problem is undersized terminals and short turnarounds that drives the "rude" conduct of the traffic control people. The RCI terminal is literally 10 times the size of the Princess terminals.

I've only seen the RCI terminal from the outside but it sounds quite large. :D

When we sailed on Oasis, we sat very uncrowded in the Platinum section and they called us pretty quickly. Too bad all terminals can't be that way.

I have read that the RCI terminal has seating for 3,300 but we never saw the seating area. We arrived about 1200, checked or bags, parked our car, and walked thru the check-in process and boarded. There were no lines anywhere - security, check-in or boarding. We are Diamond but I did not see any lines at all.

We are elite on Princess but we stood in line for Security, at the Ebola scare checkpoint, at the check-in counter, and then to be scanned onboard. If not elite/suites, passengers were being herded into a pretty bare seating area for some sort of phased boarding.