Favorite Molecular Bar Drink

BosoxI

For all our cruises on X, we have never tried the MB. We came close last month, as we asked a friendly barkeep what the most popular drinks were, but then we rushed off and never found time to return. Now I see there is talk of doing away with this bar. We'll be on the Silhouette soon, so can you chime in and give us some hints, so we'll have a place to start? The menu seemed extensive and we have no time to waste:p

We just got off the Silhouette last Sunday, and the Molecular Bar was our favorite place to hang out before dinner. It can get a little crowded, but Darko and Jelena serve everyone beautifully made drinks quickly. Our favorites were the Dragonfly, the Ginger Mojito and definitely the Coming up Roses. Try them all-you never know, you might like something brand new! It helps to have the Premium Bev. Pkg. because the drinks are $13.

They're all good, just go through the list and try a couple of new ones everyday. That's what we did. Although I'm not a bourbon drinker I really did like that Kentucky Derby.

Does Solstice have a Molecular Bar? Not clear from deck plan layouts.

Yes, but it might be called Galleria Tastings.

It's on Deck 5 at the end of the "art" gallery.

For my favorite drink it's hard to decide - Black Mamba, Kentucky Derby, Mr. B., Gentle Indulgence, High Velocity (not sure that's the name - it's the only one with Espresso) come to mind quickly.

I liked the Pisco based cocktail but also liked many of the others mentioned here :eek:. We had the premium package and so tried one or two at the end of the evening. There was often the same people there and so it was nice to catch up on what each other had done during the day. My DH loves the Martini bar but like someone else said, I tend to find them too strong for my liking, so the Molecular Bar is / was a good compromise.

Yes, but it might be called Galleria Tastings.

It's on Deck 5 at the end of the "art" gallery.

For my favorite drink it's hard to decide - Black Mamba, Kentucky Derby, Mr. B., Gentle Indulgence, High Velocity (not sure that's the name - it's the only one with Espresso) come to mind quickly.

Gentle Reflection and High Voltage - got the names wrong.

For all our cruises on X, we have never tried the MB. We came close last month, as we asked a friendly barkeep what the most popular drinks were, but then we rushed off and never found time to return. Now I see there is talk of doing away with this bar. We'll be on the Silhouette soon, so can you chime in and give us some hints, so we'll have a place to start? The menu seemed extensive and we have no time to waste:p

We have picked cruises for the Molecular Bar! Please don't do away with it. On Equinox in Jan/Feb the wonderful bartenders were Yelena and Barbera. Favorite drinks were Kentucky Derby, the one with Pisco and El Angel.

Barbara and Ylelena are great. On Eclipse two years ago in the Baltics Barbara took spectacular care of our group in Molecular and we are looking forward to seeing her on Equinox.

Edited by redjetz
Typo

Well then, Premium Upgrade here I come.

Unless you're cruising on the Solstice in the next 90 days, you're SOL. You will have the opportunity though to enjoy your upgraded package at whatever new venue and affiliation is taking over for the Molecular Bar.

My favorites: Kentucky Derby and Scorpion Kiss. However, you should try them all and decide for yourself. I did just this on our b2b in February on the Equinox. I hope Celebrity picks a bar that is equal to the wonderful Molecular Bar.