I know this is cruise critic but....

(SNIP) for having a legit gripe about all these ridiculous price hikes!

... And additionally the big issue from my point of view, the double whammy effect resulting from the concurrent drop in quality and the increase in price.

I'm still going to enjoy the cruises I have booked and if I see a fantastic deal, I'll still sail with Royal Caribbean because of their great ships. But that being said, I think Royal Caribbean has thoroughly underestimated the power of loyalty in recent years and neglected to recognize the demise of once great companies before them due to corner cutting. Time will tell. They are taking gambles in all directions at this point (from deployment, to pricing, to quality control, to upper management decisions, to new-builds). The markets are loving it right now, but we will see what happens as time goes on.

You can spin it any way you choose but the bottom line is Royal Caribbean no longer offers as good a product as they once did.

We will continue to cruise with them (On their smaller ships. Freedom class & above are too big for these old timers). We have enjoyed all of our cruises, appreciate the hard working staff, are pretty easy to please, & have realistic expectations. BUT...................... the fact remains we are NOT getting the same service, food quality, or overall experience we did.

So if we have this as a given (not everyone is convinced of that), does anyone realistically think that whatever "yesteryear" was like will come back? Does any one believe that all the complaining in the world (by everyone on CC) will bring back the midnight buffet? Does anyone believe that complaining about high prices will lower them? Will incessant complaining about the low server wages bring them a raise from RCI?

Venting is fine, but don't be deluded that it will have any appreciable effect on the issue.

Biker, who will simply walks away from a product/service that doesn't meet his expectations instead of complaining about it in the hopes of making said product/service better.:cool:

Biker, who will simply walks away from a product/service that doesn't meet his expectations instead of complaining about it in the hopes of making said product/service better.:cool:

My hope is that Royal will see the comments, as well as people like you not returning & realize they may have misjudged what their customers will accept. It's happened to lots of companies.

Eventually, the surveys, comment cards & emails will result in lost business. At some point, even the new cruiser will realize they're paying too much.

That's the point to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

So if we have this as a given (not everyone is convinced of that), does anyone realistically think that whatever "yesteryear" was like will come back? Does any one believe that all the complaining in the world (by everyone on CC) will bring back the midnight buffet? Does anyone believe that complaining about high prices will lower them? Will incessant complaining about the low server wages bring them a raise from RCI?

Venting is fine, but don't be deluded that it will have any appreciable effect on the issue.

I really don't feel I'm complaining. I'm stating what I believe to be fact & I'm amazed that people who have cruised RCL several times over the past few years haven't noticed a decline but, I suppose anything is possible. For the record, I don't expect anything to revert to "yesteryear" and since there are several things I prefer over my earlier cruises (MTD for one), I don't want things to go back.

When the time comes that I no longer enjoy my RCL cruises, or feel I'm not getting enough for the cost, I'll go elsewhere.

So if we have this as a given (not everyone is convinced of that), does anyone realistically think that whatever "yesteryear" was like will come back? Does any one believe that all the complaining in the world (by everyone on CC) will bring back the midnight buffet?

The midnight buffet is not that important, otherwise customers would have jumped ship to a competitor still offering it (an incentive to keep it). Customers have also been bribed with lower fares as these "yesteryear" perks have gone away. Mixing cutbacks with higher fares, now we're into new territory.

I posted grateful to be on a ship. Never mentioned RCCL anywhere.

Where the downvote button?

I work long days at a high stress job to pay for nice vacations. I'm GRATEFUL for good health and a great lifestyle, I'm not grateful to be on the ship... I work hard and pay for my vacations, cruises and otherwise, it's not as if they are given. I don't put on the rose colored glasses just because I'm away from home. We paid for the cruise, it's not like Royal Caribbean is doing us a massive favor by engaging in the transaction.

I will never understand why there's the group that will defend Royal Caribbean tooth and nail even when their changes, from any logical passenger standpoint, are indefensible. They aren't the end of the world, but they are sure not to the benefit of any passenger in any way, shape, or form. It's comical that people become so protective over a massive corporation... you as individuals may care about them, but they couldn't care less about you. Each passenger is a tiny fish in a big ocean as far as they are concerned. It's not the good old days anymore.

:confused:

This is my point. Because I & others have had experiences over the years that has seen a decline in quality, we're called negative nancys. Really.

I'm grateful for every opportunity to enjoy a vacation. I've been to third world countries. However, as I stated before, if a brand provides a certain level of quality & I'm willing to pay for it, don't change it & charge more.And on top of it, the place where we share the good & bad about cruising, that opinion is described as negative or whining.

Why can't you have your point of view without discounting someone else's?

I will stay with RCI until they make me unhappy. Which up until this point has not happened. I tried NCL and would only go on it again unless it was free. Carnival and Princess are just not my style and even though I am technically a senior citizen Celebrity is too laid back for me. So I will choose my sailings carefully but for now with RCI.

I will stay with RCI until they make me unhappy. Which up until this point has not happened. I tried NCL and would only go on it again unless it was free. Carnival and Princess are just not my style and even though I am technically a senior citizen Celebrity is too laid back for me. So I will choose my sailings carefully but for now with RCI.

Well if your signature is correct and you haven't sailed in nearly two years, you may be surprised find things have changed a lot.

You really make a lot of assumptions. I've cruised twice in the last two years. Just did not update my signature as I post from my phone. I was on the AOS recently and had an amazing cruise with a great staff and ship. I still stand by my statement. So leave RCI for all I care. I treat others with respect and get the same in return. What I do see on my cruises are many self centered people who expect to pay for nothing and get treated like royalty.

Edited by abridalmaven

You really make a lot of assumptions. I've cruised twice in the last two years. Just did not update my signature as I post from my phone. I was on the AOS recently and had an amazing cruise with a great staff and ship. I still stand by my statement. So leave RCI for all I care. I treat others with respect and get the same in return. What I do see on my cruises are many self centered people who expect to pay for nothing and get treated like royalty.

You really do make a lot of assumptions. Maybe I have higher expectations than others since we generally pay higher fares for suites, but you also seem to have missed the main complaint, that prices have risen while quality has dropped. Maybe you haven't noticed the level of quality, but most others have.

I had good food available all day long, good services and a fair price. I am not addled. No I don't cruise in a suite and have no plans to, I can't see wasting that much money. I don't spend so much time on my cabin to be bothered even though I could book one if I chose. As I stated I paid more on my first 7 day cruise in 2001 than I have paid for longer cruises in more exotic ports recently.

My room was spotless I was treated perfectly and had towel animals every night which I would not miss if they were gone my husband and I don't drink much so the few drinks we have in the Diamond lounge are enough . No crappy chocolates on my pillow. Omg, the horror.

I really don't understand the negative attitude. They said "if " your signature is correct. That's not an assumption.

Your statement, to me, is aggressive & negative. "Leave for all I care". What did they say except you may find things have changed?

And what is the point about "a lot of self centered people who expect something for nothing" in relation to the statements made that many have made that they have seen a decline in service?

And maybe I'm wrong, but the comment made by someone else (post 169) about expecting a certain level of service when staying in a suite was not personal, but an example. Your response "sounded" like it was taken personally. The poster never said what you could or couldn't stay in, but you response did. Again, I could be wrong.

My point is, if you are happy & see no issues great. I won't disbelieve or criticize your opinion. But some of us, really like Royal, but still see some issues that have risen in recent years.

What positive discourse will come from making statements like leave for all I care? You said you treat people with respect. Then why don't we respect each other's point if view, even if we don't agree.

Edited by idamae3218

I really don't understand the negative attitude. They said "if " your signature is correct. That's not an assumption.

Your statement, to me, is aggressive & negative. "Leave for all I care". What did they say except you may find things have changed?

And what is the point about "a lot of self centered people who expect something for nothing" in relation to the statements made that many have made that they have seen a decline in service?

And maybe I'm wrong, but the comment made by someone else (post 169) about expecting a certain level of service when staying in a suite was not personal, but an example. Your response "sounded" like it was taken personally. The poster never said what you could or couldn't stay in, but you response did. Again, I could be wrong.

My point is, if you are happy & see no issues great. I won't disbelieve or criticize your opinion. But some of us, really like Royal, but still see some issues that have risen in recent years.

What positive discourse will come from making statements like leave for all I care? You said you treat people with respect. Then why don't we respect each other's point if view, even if we don't agree.

You don't seem to actually to accept that others don't agree with your premise and your "facts".

The fact is a lot of people like RCI, I have been sailing with them since 1996, and I paid more per day in 1996 for a crappy inside cabin where the walls creaked, than I did for a suite on my last cruise on the Liberty a couple of weeks ago. Yes things like Chops have had an increase recently, and the drinks have gone up. Yet, for diamond members the free drinks pretty much negates that, and from my recent sailings the drink packages make that moot, too. It is almost like RCI has brought back the true all-inclusive sailings again. What other line has a flowrider? Ice shows? Aqua Theatre?

If you don't like those things, there is always Celebrity, which is RCI too. Or if you really don't like RCI any more move on. It is ok, we all need to find "our" place.

The only reason I even bother to discuss this with the board, is the classic, if someone spouts sunshine, the rain on the parade crowd which is far worse than the "cheerleaders" is sure to show up and dump on the forum. With their "facts" and worse....:D

jc <------ plans to move to another cruiseline or another type of vacation rather than being a whinger if I burn out on RCI... you should try it:eek:

You don't seem to actually to accept that others don't agree with your premise and your "facts".

The fact is a lot of people like RCI, I have been sailing with them since 1996, and I paid more per day in 1996 for a crappy inside cabin where the walls creaked, than I did for a suite on my last cruise on the Liberty a couple of weeks ago. Yes things like Chops have had an increase recently, and the drinks have gone up. Yet, for diamond members the free drinks pretty much negates that, and from my recent sailings the drink packages make that moot, too. It is almost like RCI has brought back the true all-inclusive sailings again. What other line has a flowrider? Ice shows? Aqua Theatre?

If you don't like those things, there is always Celebrity, which is RCI too. Or if you really don't like RCI any more move on. It is ok, we all need to find "our" place.

The only reason I even bother to discuss this with the board, is the classic, if someone spouts sunshine, the rain on the parade crowd which is far worse than the "cheerleaders" is sure to show up and dump on the forum. With their "facts" and worse....:D

jc <------ plans to move to another cruiseline or another type of vacation rather than being a whinger if I burn out on RCI... you should try it:eek:

Lol @ the rain on the parade crowd [emoji106][emoji106]

I have no idea what you mean. The OP complained that those with issues were whiners, as you have done. He said he'd pay anything they charged. Really?

Why do they ask ua to fill out comment cards? To get our feedback, both positive & negative. Noting decline in service does

I have no idea what you mean. The OP complained that those with issues were whiners, as you have done. He said he'd pay anything they charged. Really?

Why do they ask ua to fill out comment cards? To get our feedback, both positive & negative. Noting decline in service does

What changes would you like to see made?

..doesn't mean you're a whiner or burnt out. Why make such inflammatory statements on a board?

What facts are you referring to? I posted about my experience, which has seen a decline in service. I didn't say anyone else's opinion that all is well is wrong, that's their experience.

And this was exactly my point above. Why do you need to make any comment on my experience or my comment in response to this thread. Why is it necessary in making your point, you need to criticize mine?

I don't get it. I use to come to CC to read about ships, cabins etc. People chimed in with differing views of course. But now it's a lot of negative responses to someone's opinion. Why not just state your experience or point of view?

..doesn't mean you're a whiner or burnt out. Why make such inflammatory statements on a board?

What facts are you referring to? I posted about my experience, which has seen a decline in service. I didn't say anyone else's opinion that all is well is wrong, that's their experience.

And this was exactly my point above. Why do you need to make any comment on my experience or my comment in response to this thread. Why is it necessary in making your point, you need to criticize mine?

I don't get it. I use to come to CC to read about ships, cabins etc. People chimed in with differing views of course. But now it's a lot of negative responses to someone's opinion. Why not just state your experience or point of view?

Just give it up. Pesse will defend their cutbacks forever. He loves to see his vacation value decline and be happy about it. He's a "winner" !!!!! His definition of a "winner": accept less value or product, and be "happy" to do so because "I"m a Winner"!!!!! hahahahah!!!!

Edited by bouhunter

Just give it up. Pesse will defend their cutbacks forever. He loves to see his vacation value decline and be happy about it. He's a "winner" !!!!! His definition of a "winner": accept less value or product, and be "happy" to do so because "I"m a Winner"!!!!! hahahahah!!!!

Got cloudy all of a sudden!! Thought it was supposed to be sunny today........