I know this is cruise critic but....

Apparently RCL is getting it right....how come they are building the most new ships? if everyone is leaving for other lines do you think they would do this? If it is so bad why week after week they have ships with 5000 or more passengers on them! People like RCL for way more reasons than every penny that is spent.

Dude, you are not allowed to insert logic and realism into these threads, that is a foul.

Emotional people need to emote... about all they do well. Don't try to stop them.

jc:D

Just an interesting aside here. I always find it comical that folks post here on the quality of RCI going down and they have fewer than one cruise a year. With around 22 ships in the RCI fleet how does one cruise infrequently and make such a determination?

Tweeeeeetttt! another logic foul, into the penalty box for you.

This is emotional posting, and emotional feeling. There is no objective comparison, because there is no objective equal to RCI, not that there are not better and worse cruiselines, but there are simply no other cruiselines that have all that RCI has. If you like what RCi has then great, if you don't move on there are lots of other options.

Emotional people have to convince you that their emotional responses are logical, and must get others to agree with them for their own happiness. Kind of strange, but there you go....:eek::D

jc

I've cruised about 110 days a year on Royal the last couple of years (also a few other cruise lines). Am I qualified to say "the quality has gone down"? I am not "anti" Royal but am finding it harder and harder to get excited and actually book new cruises. Last year we had 23 future cruises booked on Royal. Don't remember my actual current count but it's down to something like 9. I've only given my TA instructions to book 2 or 4 more depending on price. At this rate I will quickly run out of future bookings (on Royal at least).

I cruise 7 to 20 days a year.. and I get burned out. I am thinking if you spend almost a third of year doing the same thing burn out is inevitable. Who cruises a 100 plus days a year?:eek: Good grief.... I work about 200 plus days and I love my job, that said, there are times when it just is not as good as it used to be.

Egads... people, variety is the spice of life. We do cruises and land vacations and long weekends. mix it up. Life is too short to just do the same thing over and over.

JMHO and YMMV

jc:D

So the bait was thrown out in post #1 by someone who loves RCI and the cruise critics had a field day. Typical. Too many 'critics' consider cruising a way of life, I consider it a vacation and it probably won't be absolutely perfect. But, I really like RCI (I'm not going to say 'love it' because I like individual ships, not the whole cruise line). If someone has a legitimate complaint, that's fine but write it in a way that is not derogatory and just trashing the cruise line as a whole. Totally worthless to anyone who is trying to find out as much info as possible before choosing a cruise. It's my opinion that on the Cruise Critic forums, too many people complain about things that I wouldn't even cast a passing glance at. Do I think a lot of 'critics' are spoiled? Yes. Does it matter? No. I like to post messages for people who are contemplating a future cruise and would like some details on likes and dislikes. As a place to rant and complain, I just roll my eyes and think to myself that those people should stay home. I laugh when someone posts that they wrote a letter to the president of the cruise line with a complaint and were furious when they didn't receive a reply. But that's just me. There's nothing better than cruising. Rah, rah, rah (that's me cheerleading). :D

Tweet another logic foul!!!! :D:D;)

People love to whinge. Trying to stop them is like trying to stop a runaway train. Somebody is going to get crushed.

jc:eek:

For those who like creative financing schemes remember ENRON!

Over a decade ago, my wife and I each had about $5000 in IRAs that we rolled over into cruise stock because they gave benefits to owning stock when you booked. I bought CCL at a higher cost, since then I have to date lost about $1000, my wife has made about 30% on her RCI stock. I am not saying that either was a good investment (they both suck basically, but RCI sucks a lot less...) but I am saying that the market thinks RCI is doing a heck of a lot better than CCL....

Just sayin... but back to emotions.... yeah it sucks everything sucks and I still post in this forum... because ... well I want everyone to know it sucks because I am an emotional poster without the benefit of logic...

just sayin

jc

I for one love COCKYMARK's enthusiasm in taking on the doom and gloom crowd. While we don't exclusively sail Royal they're our go to cruise line. We still find reasonably priced cruises and enjoy their product. It's all about expectations and Royal meets our. Have at it COCKYMARK. You seem to have the stamina for it. ;):D

Yep, that would be me. Carnival, Princess, HAL,Celebrity and RCI... not to mention Avalon in the river cruise world. O and more importantly, my car, airplanes to rental cars to places from South America, to Europe, to Australia to the most of the 50 states, Costa Rica, several islands in the Caribbean to Tahiti, to the Canary Islands, etc...

people who lock into a single vacation option are obviously missing a lot...

just saying

jc

In full disclosure, that was Obama green money to retool for hybrid cars. Nissan, Tesla Motors, Fisker Automotive, and the Vehicle Production Group also took funds to develop electric and hybrid cars. That said, Ford Motor Credit along with GMAC and the financing arms BMW, Chrysler, and Toyota all took federal loans to keep the credit flowing to buyers. Those loans were also separate and apart from the bailout money. Only GM and Chrysler filed for bankruptcy.

Yes you are correct. But it was still a federal loan nonetheless. I have heard in the past that Ford "never" took any federal money, when in fact they certainly have. They were fortunate enough to not be in the same dire straits that Generous Motors and Chrysler were. Chrysler's position was significantly impacted by The Daimler side of the company dumping large amounts of debt on Chrysler and then selling off the Chrysler part of the business. Now I'm not going to get into the debate of whether unions are good or bad for the nation and the economy, the Big Three have always been in a stranglehold by the UAW and will likely continue to have financial struggles until one of two things happen--either the big three and the UAW need to come to REALISTIC contract terms or the Big Three need to terminate their relationship with the UAW and run their own companies in a respectable and fair way. I completely understand that unions were at one time very necessary due to poor working conditions, but I think their heyday is in the past and is not necessary in today's market with so many laws and regulations on the books for workers safety, rights, etc. Like it or not, the auto makers cannot remain profitable while having to pay the $25+ an hour wages plus pensions and legacy benefits they were stuck with. At any rate, things need to change for them.

Over a decade ago, my wife and I each had about $5000 in IRAs that we rolled over into cruise stock because they gave benefits to owning stock when you booked. I bought CCL at a higher cost, since then I have to date lost about $1000, my wife has made about 30% on her RCI stock. I am not saying that either was a good investment (they both suck basically, but RCI sucks a lot less...) but I am saying that the market thinks RCI is doing a heck of a lot better than CCL....

Just sayin... but back to emotions.... yeah it sucks everything sucks and I still post in this forum... because ... well I want everyone to know it sucks because I am an emotional poster without the benefit of logic...

just sayin

jc

You forgot to address the comment you were replying to, or identify the specific emotion you're referring to, or cite CC's rules regarding such. Speaking of "logical fouls", you've managed to reply exclusively with red herrings and ad hominems. Congrats. ;)

No I am not a politician....all I am saying is I like RCL...THAT IS ALL....I feel like the ships they have are better and should charge more. please tell me other than a little cheaper...what other lines have that are better?

Carnival has better comedians and prices

Norwegian has better Kids Programs, slides and concerts

Celebrity has better Food and Service

Princess has better atriums, live music and pools

Holland has better itineraries

Disney has better cabins.

They're all the best! ;)

I absolutely love RCL ! seems like a lot of people just gripe and complain about my favorite cruiseline....so I want to let everyone know that I don't care what they charge it is worth it! RCL has the best of everything! so I don't mind paying it. just like having a BMW in your garage....you get what you pay for. so you haters can just hate...but I think RCL is the best!! and no I am not trying other lines...done that....no comparison.

Two key words (1) Cruise and for my part, the most important word is (2) Critic which is defined as...

crit·ic

ˈkridik/

noun

a person who expresses an unfavorable opinion of something.

Based on the name, I'm sure the original mind behind this site developed it so normal people had a way of determining the ups and downs within the cruising world. I for one need dioulouge good and bad to make a decision. If everyone was roses, then the negatives of the industry would never get discussed and ultimately fixed.

The bottom line is value for your dollar spent. Keep the profit makers honest by demanding value for your dollar spent.

I call BS on the meals take longer, we are just back from the Oasis and Liberty, we eat at a table for two, most nights dinner in the MDR was about an hour plus or minus 10 minutes. I think those at a table for 10 or 8 have a different experience...jc

Why call it BS & admit it may be different for larger tables? It's great you didn't have this issue, but that doesn't make it BS.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Doom and Gloom?

I prefer to call us:

The non-rose coloured glasses crowd; or

The head out of the sand crowd; or

Oh, I've seen these bone head management decisions before and it never ends well crowd.;)

Well said:) I'm entertained by the poster who doesn't deny any of the decline in service but keeps defending them and saying he "wins" every time he cruises while the experience declines (and the price goes up). I wonder if he'd say the same thing if the next car he buys doesn't have air conditioning or power windows and he'd just be happy because he's "winning".............:D

You forgot to address the comment you were replying to, or identify the specific emotion you're referring to, or cite CC's rules regarding such. Speaking of "logical fouls", you've managed to reply exclusively with red herrings and ad hominems. Congrats. ;)

Thank You! The poster you refer too is pretty good at distractions and irrelevant tangents. He like others conveniently ignore the reductions in in RCCL service while they keep building new circus ships.

Well said:) I'm entertained by the poster who doesn't deny any of the decline in service but keeps defending them and saying he "wins" every time he cruises while the experience declines (and the price goes up). I wonder if he'd say the same thing if the next car he buys doesn't have air conditioning or power windows and he'd just be happy because he's "winning".............:D

Winning meaning I won't let minor things ruin my cruise. Who wants to whine and complain while you're cruising? My service expectations are realistic and I don't expect to be waited on hand and foot while there are however many number of other people who are cruising with me. The crew and staff do a pretty good job if you ask me and I've never heard any of them complain. Do they complain? I'm sure they do at times. I have been winning since 2006 while I cruise and with my positive attitude I will continue to win. Prices have gone up but I booked a year in advance and got an excellent deal and an onboard credit. [emoji1]

Pesseh0729, for me we usually have a fun time. I think though some of us are not as pleased as we once were.

If you present a certain standard year after year, I expect it. When you lower it, not enough to not cruise, but enough to notice, & charge more, have fake sales & decrease this & that, people will complain.

However, if you've only been on 1 or 2 Rcl cruises, you might not notice any changes.

Winning meaning I won't let minor things ruin my cruise. Who wants to whine and complain while you're cruising? My service expectations are realistic and I don't expect to be waited on hand and foot while there are however many number of other people who are cruising with me. The crew and staff do a pretty good job if you ask me and I've never heard any of them complain. Do they complain? I'm sure they do at times. I have been winning since 2006 while I cruise and with my positive attitude I will continue to win. Prices have gone up but I booked a year in advance and got an excellent deal and an onboard credit. [emoji1]

You can spin it any way you choose but the bottom line is Royal Caribbean no longer offers as good a product as they once did.

We will continue to cruise with them (On their smaller ships. Freedom class & above are too big for these old timers). We have enjoyed all of our cruises, appreciate the hard working staff, are pretty easy to please, & have realistic expectations. BUT...................... the fact remains we are NOT getting the same service, food quality, or overall experience we did.

Pesseh0729, for me we usually have a fun time. I think though some of us are not as pleased as we once were.

If you present a certain standard year after year, I expect it. When you lower it, not enough to not cruise, but enough to notice, & charge more, have fake sales & decrease this & that, people will complain.

However, if you've only been on 1 or 2 Rcl cruises, you might not notice any changes.

I've gone on a cruise once a year since 2006. Service has been great for me. I'm only speaking for me because this is my experience. Something that bothers you, may not bother me at all. This is the one vacation my wife and I take without the kids so trust me unless the cruise gets cancelled there's no reason for me to complain.

Where is the like button? We may not like everything, but rarely complain because we are GRATEFUL to be on a ship! Keep on posting and ignore the negative Nancy's.

I've gone on a cruise once a year since 2006. Service has been great for me. I'm only speaking for me because this is my experience. Something that bothers you, may not bother me at all. This is the one vacation my wife and I take without the kids so trust me unless the cruise gets cancelled there's no reason for me to complain.
Edited by awhcruiser

Where is the like button? We may not like everything, but rarely complain because we are GRATEFUL to be on a ship! Keep on posting and ignore the negative Nancy's.

I have some swampland in Florida I know you will REALLY like.:p

This is my point. Because I & others have had experiences over the years that has seen a decline in quality, we're called negative nancys. Really.

I'm grateful for every opportunity to enjoy a vacation. I've been to third world countries. However, as I stated before, if a brand provides a certain level of quality & I'm willing to pay for it, don't change it & charge more. And on top of it, the place where we share the good & bad about cruising, that opinion is described as negative or whining.

Why can't you have your point of view without discounting someone else's?

Edited by idamae3218

Where the downvote button?

I work long days at a high stress job to pay for nice vacations. I'm GRATEFUL for good health and a great lifestyle, I'm not grateful to be on the ship... I work hard and pay for my vacations, cruises and otherwise, it's not as if they are given. I don't put on the rose colored glasses just because I'm away from home. We paid for the cruise, it's not like Royal Caribbean is doing us a massive favor by engaging in the transaction.

I will never understand why there's the group that will defend Royal Caribbean tooth and nail even when their changes, from any logical passenger standpoint, are indefensible. They aren't the end of the world, but they are sure not to the benefit of any passenger in any way, shape, or form. It's comical that people become so protective over a massive corporation... you as individuals may care about them, but they couldn't care less about you. Each passenger is a tiny fish in a big ocean as far as they are concerned. It's not the good old days anymore.

Where the downvote button?

I work long days at a high stress job to pay for nice vacations. I'm GRATEFUL for good health and a great lifestyle, I'm not grateful to be on the ship... I work hard and pay for my vacations, cruises and otherwise, it's not as if they are given. I don't put on the rose colored glasses just because I'm away from home. We paid for the cruise, it's not like Royal Caribbean is doing us a massive favor by engaging in the transaction.

I will never understand why there's the group that will defend Royal Caribbean tooth and nail even when their changes, from any logical passenger standpoint, are indefensible. They aren't the end of the world, but they are sure not to the benefit of any passenger in any way, shape, or form. It's comical that people become so protective over a massive corporation... you as individuals may care about them, but they couldn't care less about you. Each passenger is a tiny fish in a big ocean as far as they are concerned. It's not the good old days anymore.

Now HERE is where we need the LIKE button! :D I will be grateful to be on a ship the day RCI gives me a free cruise :)

The OP above doesn't care if drinks go to 25.00 a piece and Chops to 100.00 pp because "we don't drink or do specialty dining".

Basically, as long as it doesnt affect them, they could not care less. But they wont hesitate to put their two cents in downing others for having a legit gripe about all these ridiculous price hikes!

Edited by ryano

I absolutely love RCL ! seems like a lot of people just gripe and complain about my favorite cruiseline....so I want to let everyone know that I don't care what they charge it is worth it! RCL has the best of everything! so I don't mind paying it. just like having a BMW in your garage....you get what you pay for. so you haters can just hate...but I think RCL is the best!! and no I am not trying other lines...done that....no comparison.

This is funny. I'm sure it was meant as a toll-joking post.