I know this is cruise critic but....

Ignorance is bliss I guess :rolleyes:

One of my old college prof's liked to say "Ignorance is bliss, and that's why there are so many happy people....." :):D I guess that can be applied to people who love a cruise line while it continues to reduce their product while increasing their prices.......... but call themselves "winners"...... too funny!

Edited by bouhunter

The ONLY reason I have felt negativity towards RCL lately is because of the way they do their "sales" and it seems they want to cater more to new cruisers who have no clue. For people like me who check prices daily, it's really insulting and kinda sucks. Really wanted to stay loyal since we loved our last few royal cruises but had to go with NCL for the cost savings and because the new ships look awesome!! But to be honest, I still check RCL every day to see if the comparable ships have gone down in price for the week we're sailing. ;)

The ONLY reason I have felt negativity towards RCL lately is because of the way they do their "sales" and it seems they want to cater more to new cruisers who have no clue. For people like me who check prices daily, it's really insulting and kinda sucks. Really wanted to stay loyal since we loved our last few royal cruises but had to go with NCL for the cost savings and because the new ships look awesome!! But to be honest, I still check RCL every day to see if the comparable ships have gone down in price for the week we're sailing. ;)

Yes it's too bad RCCL seems to be pricing things so high. The only reason we are sailing them next year is the price is great, but to re-price it now is ridiculous. I guess we actually got a good price during one of the BOGO things, that was a long time ago. Sounds like that isn't happening too often based on the posts here of late:(

Yes it's too bad RCCL seems to be pricing things so high. The only reason we are sailing them next year is the price is great, but to re-price it now is ridiculous. I guess we actually got a good price during one of the BOGO things, that was a long time ago. Sounds like that isn't happening too often based on the posts here of late:(

WHat determines the price? The cruiseline? The vacationer?

Simple supply and demand. Ignorance of supply and demand is not bliss, it is just ignorance.

If RCI prices a cruise too high, they will not fill the ships. If the ships are full then they by definition aka fact are not pricing the ships or the drinks or Chops too high, On the Oasis 3 weeks ago it was 100% full.

If you are too cheap to pay RCIs prices there is always NCL or CCL or some of the old crappy ships that are now sailing under new names.

THe only thing you can count on is change. Denying change is true ignorance.

just saying.:D

jc

Just give it up. Pesse will defend their cutbacks forever. He loves to see his vacation value decline and be happy about it. He's a "winner" !!!!! His definition of a "winner": accept less value or product, and be "happy" to do so because "I"m a Winner"!!!!! hahahahah!!!!

You're right. Now people who have opinions about pricing are cheap. My issue with the current pricing is the so called sale, which it isn't.

It's just and simple courtesy. If you have a different opinion or experience, the nasty comes out.

Hunter, good advice. Civil discussion of differing points of view are not welcome on a discussion board. What a shame.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

If you don't like the price, you have a choice to pay it or not. If you do not like the non judgemental word cheap, I will happily change it to frugal.

If you are to frugal to pay RCI's price there are many other options for you. It is a private business, they set pricing the pricing they are asking, just like you do when you sell your old car. Unless you are suggesting that the cruiseline doesn't have the "right" to price their product. A lot of folks feel this way these days.:eek:

Kind of obvious, aka logical.

jc <---- kiind of resents the passive agressive desire to shut people up :rolleyes:

WHat determines the price? The cruiseline? The vacationer?

Simple supply and demand. Ignorance of supply and demand is not bliss, it is just ignorance.

If RCI prices a cruise too high, they will not fill the ships. If the ships are full then they by definition aka fact are not pricing the ships or the drinks or Chops too high, On the Oasis 3 weeks ago it was 100% full.

If you are too cheap to pay RCIs prices there is always NCL or CCL or some of the old crappy ships that are now sailing under new names.

THe only thing you can count on is change. Denying change is true ignorance.

just saying.:D

jc

Wow, that is some very serious and bizzare rambling!!!! And quite entertaining! Maybe you should sober up this morning.

Edited by bouhunter

If you don't like the price, you have a choice to pay it or not. If you do not like the non judgemental word cheap, I will happily change it to frugal.

If you are to frugal to pay RCI's price there are many other options for you. It is a private business, they set pricing the pricing they are asking, just like you do when you sell your old car. Unless you are suggesting that the cruiseline doesn't have the "right" to price their product. A lot of folks feel this way these days.:eek:

Kind of obvious, aka logical.

jc <---- kiind of resents the passive agressive desire to shut people up :rolleyes:

Still funny!

Wow, that is some very serious and bizzare rambling!!!! And quite entertaining! Maybe you should sober up this morning.

You might want to relent on the personal attacks... just sayin... those aren't really considered funny.

Then you can get back to presenting facts proving how RCI sucks.

jc

You might want to relent on the personal attacks... just sayin... those aren't really considered funny.

Then you can get back to presenting facts proving how RCI sucks.

jc

Well, maybe YOU should stop making comments that others are ignorant.......... that is rather personal....... :) But my how you love to use the term ignorance - takes one to know one!!!!! haha!

Edited by bouhunter

One of my old college prof's liked to say "Ignorance is bliss, and that's why there are so many happy people....." :):D I guess that can be applied to people who love a cruise line while it continues to reduce their product while increasing their prices.......... but call themselves "winners"...... too funny!

Well, maybe YOU should stop making comments that others are ignorant.......... that is rather personal....... :)

A little pot calling kettle don't ya' think? ;)

Your post was 182.... check mate.:D

jc

And of course you had to use it THREE TIMES in your reply. I guess it struck home.......... ...... your posts # 185 and 187 are still very amusing:) Oh and by the way I guess you failed to notice my reference to ignorance was in regards to someone elses comment?? But you couldn't resist letting your own ignorance stop you from making some comments...... "check mate", or whatever..... haha.

Edited by bouhunter

I have to agree we just booked a cruise with royal,paid more then we should have.We were not happy with the web site,this is the first time we felt taken by booking a cruise.My wife wanted to cruise so we took a deep breath and booked it.We will start looking at other cruise lines,royal you are about to lose two more Diamond members. Maybe this is your plan?You raise the prices to cover the discounts.:rolleyes:

I have to agree we just booked a cruise with royal,paid more then we should have.We were not happy with the web site,this is the first time we felt taken by booking a cruise.My wife wanted to cruise so we took a deep breath and booked it.We will start looking at other cruise lines,royal you are about to lose two more Diamond members. Maybe this is your plan?You raise the prices to cover the discounts.:rolleyes:

There are other ships, you might want to consider. I am saddened to see people who feel trapped to book with a particular cruiseline. I have sailed. CCL, HAL, Princess, Celebrity and Avalon. Your happiness is the reason to book a vacation.

I am sure I will book other cruiselines in the future.

jc

Why don't you cruise on another line?

Cruise critic - RCI - has always been overly positive compared to the rest of the internet. The consistent negativity is a recent turn of events.

You know, I would agree with you on that point. There have always been cruisers who've had concerns regarding a variety of things that displeased them about RCI. Recently, however, there does seem to be an upturn in negative reviews. Everyone's expectations of what makes a great vacation tend to differ, but it gets sensitive when the cost doesn't equate with those expectations. Paying more and getting less seems to be the way of the world.

Some cruisers prefer a specific line others do not. It doesn't make much difference to me if cruisers complain about a line. Everything is relative to the person cruising at the time. Several of us like to move around and sample more than one line. I hope to cruise them all one day! :)

And of course you had to use it THREE TIMES in your reply. I guess it struck home.......... ...... your posts # 185 and 187 are still very amusing:) Oh and by the way I guess you failed to notice my reference to ignorance was in regards to someone elses comment?? But you couldn't resist letting your own ignorance stop you from making some comments...... "check mate", or whatever..... haha.

Umm...check post 194 where I said, I didn't use it until had been well tossed around by you and others....

oops no re check mate...:D:D:D

Ahh multiple post edits... awesome.

jc

Paying more and getting less seems to be the way of the world.

Really? Are you just finding that out? More $$$ for less *** on everything nowadays. Most working people would feel lucky to be able to go on a cruise, any cruise. I think cruise loyalty programs are going to end up like the airlines loyalty programs....restrictions, black out dates.....not worth the 'loyalty' let alone the prices. Cruise now while you can!