Just got off the Constellation this morning...

jewliana

This was our first Celebrity Cruise after sailing many other lines and we are HOOKED! I cant imagine why in the general area of Cruise Critics Reviews for this ship the stats are in the 70%! What?? I went not expecting much and we are in truth pretty easy going and not picky but Connie blew our minds! She is a grand lady and meticulously kept (except a bit of wear in the stateroom) A luxurious, sophisticated lady at that! Service and Food were fantastic. We were Aqua Class and loved Blu but also loved the general buffet area too! The entertainment could have been better and there could have been more to do but none of that changed our opinion that this is a great cruise line and a great ship! We have some more booked and I am so thankful to this community for all the feedback and info! There was one thing I wish I had been prepared for though! We stopped in Key West and I had no idea we would have to get up early and go through immigration on the boat. Seeing the line that appeared to be about 500 long when we got there was not good, however i am writing this to warn future cruisers not to be mislead by the length of the line because it moved rather quickly. I would estimate we were in line a little over 30 minutes. It looked like it would be much worse!

If anyone has any specific questions I will be glad to answer them, ask away!

Now doing our coutdown to the Reflection in just 12 days!!! Maybe I shouldnt bother upacking!! LOL J/K!!

I actually grew up in Fort Lauderdale so you would think I would suggest the parking garage there. Going into the port in Miami is easy and I have no problem paying for the garage there. However Port Everglades can be tricky. Lots of construction going on. Going through security with your car in long lines to get in. We have used Park n Go every time for Port Everglades. They are just minutes from the Port and are so professional! It is a breeze to go in they take your car you are at the port in about 5 minutes. They have some kind of pass to go through the regular security there. They have also been right there waiting each time we got off no matter what time it was...early or later. They give everyone a bottle of water on the way out. Just another nice touch. Best news is they are cheap! Our 7 day on Oasis in December we booked with them online and the total was around $67. Much cheaper than the garage!

This was our first Celebrity Cruise after sailing many other lines and we are HOOKED! I cant imagine why in the general area of Cruise Critics Reviews for this ship the stats are in the 70%! What?? I went not expecting much and we are in truth pretty easy going and not picky but Connie blew our minds! She is a grand lady and meticulously kept (except a bit of wear in the stateroom) A luxurious, sophisticated lady at that! Service and Food were fantastic. We were Aqua Class and loved Blu but also loved the general buffet area too! The entertainment could have been better and there could have been more to do but none of that changed our opinion that this is a great cruise line and a great ship! We have some more booked and I am so thankful to this community for all the feedback and info! There was one thing I wish I had been prepared for though! We stopped in Key West and I had no idea we would have to get up early and go through immigration on the boat. Seeing the line that appeared to be about 500 long when we got there was not good, however i am writing this to warn future cruisers not to be mislead by the length of the line because it moved rather quickly. I would estimate we were in line a little over 30 minutes. It looked like it would be much worse!

Now doing our coutdown to the Reflection in just 12 days!!! Maybe I shouldnt bother upacking!! LOL J/K!!

Glad you enjoyed your trip! We are sailing the same itinerary on March 21 and are very excited....were there long waits to eat at Blu? What time did you usually arrive?

We never had any problems at Blu no matter what time we came (as early as 6:15 and as late as 8p) We were seated promptly. It was never filled with diners. It was very quiet and lovely with wonderful service and food. The sommelier visited the table after we ordered and just brought out different wines to be paired with different courses. I did upgrade our beverage package. I think there are not as many wines available for the classic package. I was quite surprised that there was never a wait and that the dining room was never close to full. When we got on at the customer relations desk there was a sign that said, Sorry no upgrades ship is fully booked. So, it wasnt that the ship was not full.

Thanks for the information. I am seriously considering a unique itinerary 9 day cruise on the Constellation in 2016.

What was the parking situation at Pier 4?

We parked there in the outdoor lot just across from the terminal.....really easy ! We were not given an option to use the parking garage but the outdoor lot worked out well. Cost was ok and worth the convenience.

The area getting there is under construction...but well marked and controlled.,

We parked there in the outdoor lot just across from the terminal.....really easy ! We were not given an option to use the parking garage but the outdoor lot worked out well. Cost was ok and worth the convenience.

The area getting there is under construction...but well marked and controlled.,

Thanks for your reply. With car, I was at the Port in January and understand what you are saying about construction. But, it was better than in January, 2013, I thought.

Why were you not given an option to park in the parking garage? Were you being prevented from doing so? I would prefer the garage as compared with an open lot, if possible.

Constellation was our first Celebrity cruise last year, and like you I had some apprehension because of the reviews and general complaints. I also loved the Connie, thought BLU was wonderful, and had a fantastic trip!

Edited by Cindy

We never had any problems at Blu no matter what time we came (as early as 6:15 and as late as 8p) We were seated promptly. It was never filled with diners. It was very quiet and lovely with wonderful service and food. The sommelier visited the table after we ordered and just brought out different wines to be paired with different courses. I did upgrade our beverage package. I think there are not as many wines available for the classic package. I was quite surprised that there was never a wait and that the dining room was never close to full. When we got on at the customer relations desk there was a sign that said, Sorry no upgrades ship is fully booked. So, it wasnt that the ship was not full.

Did you notice the dust and cobwebs on that sign? I think thsoe signs are made as part of the ship's décor when it is built.

On one cruise I had a problem that needed to be corrected by Customer Relations about my drink package not being on my account. I went there as soon as I boarded and there was a very long line. A staff member was screening the line to help resolve any issues that he could. About 99. 99 % were in the line inquiring about a upgrade even though there was a sign that stated none available. He gratuitously took their cabin numbers and sent them on their way satisfying their request. He asked me about my concern but couldn't help, I also just out of curiosity asked for a upgrade and he took my cabin number. I am sure that list made it to the closest trash container. ;):rolleyes:

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

So glad to hear you had a wonderful time! She is one of my favorites, but I have been a tad worried after last week's reviews of the sailing with the Spring Break debacle....We board on Saturday and are hoping for the best! We are also in Blu, and have a dinner booked in each specialty restaurant as well. I figure if there are a ton of college kids, I won't find them in these places, lol! Thanks for the review!

I was worried as well as I am sailing with my Mom on the Constellation on 3/21I was able to check a website for college spring breaks and it looks like we will actually luck out on this week-very few colleges are out. 4 more days...

Thank you for your very positive review of Connie. Lucky you getting to cruise again so soon. The Reflection is the only S class ship we have not been on but I imagine it has many similarities to Silhouette which is our favorite S class ship. Are you in AQ again? Do not miss the Lawn Club Grill, fabulous restaurant.

This was our first Celebrity Cruise after sailing many other lines and we are HOOKED! I cant imagine why in the general area of Cruise Critics Reviews for this ship the stats are in the 70%! What?? I went not expecting much and we are in truth pretty easy going and not picky but Connie blew our minds! She is a grand lady and meticulously

Glad you love Celebrity. :) Had you been on the sailing before yours, I wonder if your tune would have been different. :rolleyes: Such a shame if there were first timers on that cruise. :( The Connie is one of our favorite ships!

I noticed that you will be on our Reflection's sailing.:) Come on over to the Roll Call: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1917857&page=21

Edited by Iamthesea

We are taking my 70 year old mother on this cruise. Do you have any suggestions for daytime activities on sea days, or do you have a copy of any of the daily itineraries?

Thank you for your review! We sail on the Constellation on the 16th August. We are booked into an inside cabin so our room prob won't be as nice as yours. Id love a balcony but not this time Im afraid. Its a special cruise for us….6 year wedding anniversary and my 30th so I'm all excited and I love to see good reviews! Thanks again!

The college craziness we experienced last week aside, overall I still love Connie and would not hesitate to sail her again. I think she is in very good shape overall and the staff overall was very friendly. If you like excellent lounge type singers with a great sense of humor, make sure you go see Jayne Curry (she was taking a couple week break - but should be back soon). She was amazing - a voice like an angel and very funny as well.

We are taking my 70 year old mother on this cruise. Do you have any suggestions for daytime activities on sea days, or do you have a copy of any of the daily itineraries?

I dont have the dailies I am so sorry! We didnt do any of the daily activities. Mostly they were either sales or port talks or sports around the pool. They did have trivia several times a day that we enjoyed. There are some lovely quiet shaded spots on the upper decks away from the pool that you might enjoy. The ship is filled with many small intimate gathering spots that we enjoyed too. There is lots of beautiful art work around the ship to take your time and enjoy. I am sure you will have a great time. I miss being on Connie so much already! She is outstanding and exquisitely beautiful

Glad you love Celebrity. :) Had you been on the sailing before yours, I wonder if your tune would have been different. :rolleyes: Such a shame if there were first timers on that cruise. :( The Connie is one of our favorite ships!

I noticed that you will be on our Reflection's sailing.:) Come on over to the Roll Call: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1917857&page=21

I have never done a roll call but it sounds like lots of fun! I just posted on the one you shared a link to. Thank you so much!!!

So glad to hear you had a wonderful time! She is one of my favorites, but I have been a tad worried after last week's reviews of the sailing with the Spring Break debacle....We board on Saturday and are hoping for the best! We are also in Blu, and have a dinner booked in each specialty restaurant as well. I figure if there are a ton of college kids, I won't find them in these places, lol! Thanks for the review!

I had read some bad reviews on Ocean Liners but wanted to try for myself because of a great 1st night discount. I would get some more feedback before going to that particular venue. Especially since you will be giving up a night at Blu to do it. It is beautiful. The service was impeccable. The table side cooking was fun. My husband and I had lobster bisque and i had to send mine back. There was no rich taste...no visible lobster flakes even and a very FISHY taste...I had the table side cooked lobster. It looked beautiful it just had no taste at all. I really couldnt even swear it was lobster. I had seen other reviews of the food being..MEH..and wasnt even sure what that meant but I think that was about perfect. It was a beautiful evening and I enjoyed everything else so much it didnt matter, but I just wished to warn you to get others feedback perhaps so you wont have a disappointing experience. I like to try things out for myself and sometimes think people are overly picky but in this case I should have listened.

Edited by jewliana

It was also our first Celebrity Cruise and won't be our last. I was aware of the immigration min Key west and was prepared for the lineup however to our surprise we breezed through very quickly! What I learned later on that evening is that the lineup for US citizens was very long and since we are Canadians the lineup for Non-US citizens was not busy. Glad you enjoyed your cruise and have fun your next one!

Thanks for the information. I am seriously considering a unique itinerary 9 day cruise on the Constellation in 2016.

What was the parking situation at Pier 4?

Pier 4 parking was awesome!

There's a new lot open, and a new building configuration (new since early 2014 anyhow). We arrived at about 10:30, grabbed a shaded parking spot under the canopy thing. When we cast off, I don't think the lot was full. $15/night, but still not bad. Easy in, easy out.

Saw another comment about security. We came in from the North and had no wait to get through security. Flashed our passports and off we went.

I had read some bad reviews on Ocean Liners but wanted to try for myself because of a great 1st night discount. I would get some more feedback before going to that particular venue. Especially since you will be giving up a night at Blu to do it. It is beautiful. The service was impeccable. The table side cooking was fun. My husband and I had lobster bisque and i had to send mine back. There was no rich taste...no visible lobster flakes even and a very FISHY taste...I had the table side cooked lobster. It looked beautiful it just had no taste at all. I really couldnt even swear it was lobster. I had seen other reviews of the food being..MEH..and wasnt even sure what that meant but I think that was about perfect. It was a beautiful evening and I enjoyed everything else so much it didnt matter, but I just wished to warn you to get others feedback perhaps so you wont have a disappointing experience. I like to try things out for myself and sometimes think people are overly picky but in this case I should have listened.

I'm surprised to hear a bad review of Ocean Liners.

One of the reasons we readily considered sailing again on the Connie was specifically to eat at Ocean Liners. Literally the best meal I've ever had. Lobster, chateaubriand, and the chocolate souffle. Yum!

Edited by D C

WOW you make that seem as if people that are 70 are old and feeble. I am 69 and just got off a 14 day on the Eclipse. We did everything that anyone else would do. Worked out in the gym, had breakfast, attended seminars and shows, laid around the pool, drank at the bars, played table tennis, had lunch, and dinner, did the dance classes, drank and danced in the lounges, read a few books on the IPhone, enjoyed a drink on the balcony. There is plenty to do on a sea day sometimes they are more enjoyable than a port day.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

WOW you make that seem as if people that are 70 are old and feeble. I am 69 and just got off a 14 day on the Eclipse. We did everything that anyone else would do. Worked out in the gym, had breakfast, attended seminars and shows, laid around the pool, drank at the bars, played table tennis, had lunch, and dinner, did the dance classes, drank and danced in the lounges, read a few books on the IPhone, enjoyed a drink on the balcony. There is plenty to do on a sea day sometimes they are more enjoyable than a port day.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Outstanding! Sounds like my mid-40s day. Except a little less by-the-pool time and more bar time. :D