What ship was I on?

vmt514

Help me please. I know we sailed Carnival on July 3, 2005 - we set sail the day before my DH big 50! I know we left Los Angeles, to Catalina, then a stop in Ensenada, Mexico and a day at sea. But I don't remember the ship. Carnival still does this trip, but I don't think we were on the ships that do it now.

So if anyone can help me, I'd appreciate it a lot!

Help me please. I know we sailed Carnival on July 3, 2005 - we set sail the day before my DH big 50! I know we left Los Angeles, to Catalina, then a stop in Ensenada, Mexico and a day at sea. But I don't remember the ship. Carnival still does this trip, but I don't think we were on the ships that do it now.

So if anyone can help me, I'd appreciate it a lot!

You were on the Carnival Paradise

November 2003 it was the Ecstasy. We were on it. At the time Paradise was doing 7 day cruises. Not sure when the Splendor arrived, but the Splendor replaced the Paradise on the 7 day route and then the Paradise started the 3 & 4 day routes. They use to bring a ship out for the Alaska summer run and it would do a few odd cruises. We did a 5 day from San Diego on the Elation in 2007.

So, it was Ecstsy, Paradise or the maybe the Elation. Not sure if the Elation ever did 3 & 4 from Long Beach though.

Edited by welldone60

November 2003 it was the Ecstasy. We were on it. At the time Paradise was doing 7 day cruises. Not sure when the Splendor arrived, but the Splendor replaced the Paradise on the 7 day route and then the Paradise started the 3 & 4 day routes. They use to bring a ship out for the Alaska summer run and it would do a few odd cruises. We did a 5 day from San Diego on the Elation in 2007.

So, it was Ecstsy, Paradise or the maybe the Elation. Not sure if the Elation ever did 3 & 4 from Long Beach though.

OP said July 3, 2005.

It should be showing under your VIFP number under your cruise history.

I believe the Pride was doing 7 day Mexican Riviera cruises since 2003-2009 when it was replaced by the Splendor in 2009. Spirit was done in San Diego with Elation, Spirit also did Alaskan crisis as well

Shipmate is loading exact itineraries as far back as 2000.

The Paradise and Ecstasy did not embark on the exact date of July 3, 2005. The Pride did, but it was a 7-day itinerary from Los Angeles, and so did the Elation, but it was also a 7-day, but from Galveston.

The Paradise was doing 3- and 4-day itineraries from L.A. to Baja Mexico, including Catalina and Ensenada. Could you have possibly embarked on a different day?

Per wikipedia the Paradise arrived in Long Beach in Sept 2004 and left in late 2011. So this would be your ship OP. The pride was doing the 7 cruises during your specified time.

Edited by n6uqqq

Sorry to but in, but always wondered if there was something with the itineraries. DH has relatives who are needing some help trying to figure out some of their past cruises/itineraries. We also flew south over the Atlantic on our way to Jamaica on 9/8/2007 and could see Miami and some cruise ships (saw some funnel - whale tails) but weren't able to make out. Have always been curious if they were any of the ships we've been on. Do I need to get the app for this feature? Thanks!

So OP is asking about July 3, 2005...Shipmate would have that exact information? That is really cool! So many people try to get VIFP credit and credit for other loyalty programs with other cruise lines, but can't remember specifics or itineraries. Perfect example are my DH's relatives.

Heck, she doesn't remember what ship she was on.

How do you expect her to remember what day it was? :D

LOL my thoughts exactly!

How do you not-know what ship you were on?

It was only your Home for a few days/maybe a week.

One wonders what their bar bill was like! :D

Sorry to but in, but always wondered if there was something with the itineraries. DH has relatives who are needing some help trying to figure out some of their past cruises/itineraries. We also flew south over the Atlantic on our way to Jamaica on 9/8/2007 and could see Miami and some cruise ships (saw some funnel - whale tails) but weren't able to make out. Have always been curious if they were any of the ships we've been on. Do I need to get the app for this feature? Thanks!

So OP is asking about July 3, 2005...Shipmate would have that exact information? That is really cool! So many people try to get VIFP credit and credit for other loyalty programs with other cruise lines, but can't remember specifics or itineraries. Perfect example are my DH's relatives.

Yes, Shipmate is great! You will have to download the app to see the itineraries. Once downloaded, go to My Cruises > Add Cruise, and then you can search itineraries. It gets a little tedious because you have to search by specific ship, but most of use remember at least that much :p

I don't understand why people are shocked that someone doesn't remember the name of a ship they sailed on a decade ago. My hubby could not tell you the name of either of the 2 ships we have cruised on, and we cruised in September 2012 and November 2014. And, my sister and BIL have cruised one time, on their honeymoon. When I first looked into cruising I asked them about their cruise. Neither of them could remember the name of their ship, and the BIL could not even remember the name of the cruise line. They found some photos they bought onboard, so they figured out that it was Carnival Fantasy.

For the record, the hubby and I loved both of our cruises. And, my sister and BIL enjoyed theirs. But, compared to all the busy-ness of daily life in the real world, a ship name is just a detail. All those fun times aboard and in ports, though, are precious memories.

Oh my, I just love all the replies. ALL OF THEM!

First, we asked Carnival, several times, but they told us they couldn't look back that far for us. Maybe now that I know the ship, I can get credit for the cruise.

I do know the day my DH turned 50 - July 4, 2005. I did NOT remember that the day we left WAS his birthday until reading all this. Then it dawned on me that the first night the ship circled to watch fireworks - being that it was not only DH's birthday, but it was 4th of July. So yes this would be Carnival Paradise.

And I was using the Ship Mate app and needed the name of the ship to post my cruise. As you can see (below) in my signature, I don't have the ships name listed.

Part of why I may not have remembered was it wasn't the best cruise experience. I spent way to much time trying to get my sea pass to work, was embarrassed when I held up the line to depart the ship, couldn't charge a drink and couldn't get into my room. I was given a "new" key 4 or 5 times in 4 days. We were a party of 14 and they gave us terrible seating in the dining room.

Oh, and did I mention it was my DH's 50th, so we did a little bit of celebrating too. Hehehehe!

Better yet, my VERY VERY VERY first cruise was on Carnival in May 1981. We left from Ft Lauderdale. I have no idea the name of the ship. I do however remember it having a ton of high school kids on for their senior trip. I was with 2 other girl friends. We had just finished a year of work after graduating college. We didn't want to be around high school boys. Also, you could not use a blow dryer in your stateroom. There were central "hair styling" rooms where you could get the electric you needed for your curling iron and blow dryer. This was not a lot of fun. I remember 2 ports - St. Croix and Pueto Rico. No tv's in your room or basically anywhere. If you wanted news on a sea day, there was a legal size piece of paper at the Purser's desk with world news. And we had a great time!!!

Our last 3 cruises have been RCI. I'm looking forward to the Breeze and something different. And I promise to remember "Breeze" even 10 years from now. BTW: this cruise we get off the ship on my DH's 60th birthday!

Thanks for all your input and helping me figure this out. :)