Got $200 OBC on existing reservation

I got nothing. Nada. Zip. It wasn't worth the 15 minutes of hold time on the phone.

We have no C&A discount. Booked about a month ago. They would not give us ANYTHING based on this "WOW" promotion. Not a lousy cent. And our cruise was listed as one of the ones eligible, based on the website.

To make matters worse, my sister and I are previous cruisers with RCI. They gave her $50 on-board credit when she booked it as a previous customer but didn't give me anything.

This is one of the things I HATE about cruising - there is no consistency in policy or pricing. Jeez.

I got nothing. Nada. Zip. It wasn't worth the 15 minutes of hold time on the phone.

We have no C&A discount. Booked about a month ago. They would not give us ANYTHING based on this "WOW" promotion. Not a lousy cent. And our cruise was listed as one of the ones eligible, based on the website.

To make matters worse, my sister and I are previous cruisers with RCI. They gave her $50 on-board credit when she booked it as a previous customer but didn't give me anything.

This is one of the things I HATE about cruising - there is no consistency in policy or pricing. Jeez.

Call and talk to someone different....you may get a diffetent result.

Well I am past final payment for my 6 May Liberty cruise, so did not expect much, but gave it a shot....my TA said yes, the fare actually dropped slightly ($32), for my inside, and they were giving $200 OBC, but unfortunately, for new bookings only. I would lose too much on the penalty to make it worthwhile to pursue rebooking. They did say they would credit my fare paid towards an upgrade at the new rates with the added OBC, but unfortunately, we are in an accessible cabin, and there are currently no accessible upgrades.

Perhaps I'll try again later on....nothing to lose but a few minutes on the phone...:rolleyes:

I called my TA tonight but the RC people were gone for the day for an answer. I have to call back tomorrow. My fare is only about $16 lower than today's price (I did a mock booking) but I am hoping for the OBC of about $84 pp ($100 minus the increase in fare of $16). Thant's on my November cruise. I'll let you know tomorrow. I will also call my travel agent on Monday about my May cruise. I expect the answer to be "no" since it is after the final payment but it doesn't hurt to ask.

I called my TA tonight but the RC people were gone for the day for an answer. I have to call back tomorrow. My fare is only about $16 lower than today's price (I did a mock booking) but I am hoping for the OBC of about $84 pp ($100 minus the increase in fare of $16). Thant's on my November cruise. I'll let you know tomorrow. I will also call my travel agent on Monday about my May cruise. I expect the answer to be "no" since it is after the final payment but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Hmm :confused: RC is open 24/7 your TA just needs to select new booking option when they call in. If you select existing reservation it will say they are shut after a certain time. New reservations will always check on repricing.

I just tried to do a dummy booking also for our cruise in Dec on the Vision and it looks like it went up about $200 since we booked. But I send an e-mail to my TA and hopefully obc will be available. :D

Is this OBC applicable in the UK? Can't see anything on the UK website!

We've booked a month ago for Europe on the Allure this coming august.

Best thing is to just give it a try. People here in the US are saying they have been told it is for bookings made between March 21-25 only. I might have been really lucky to get it posted to my reservation which I made on January a6, 2015.

If your booking price is still the same, you could try cancelling the reservation and making a new reservation.

What if we booked a month ago can we still get the OBC discount if prices have remained consistent since we booked?

I called earlier and changed my single balcony on Anthem (which only gives $50). But the price was the same so I figure it was worth it.

It would cost more to add to Rhapsody; they actually just added some guarantee inside cabins. I would actually save about $300 but to go from oceanview (although on deck 3) to a guarantee when I know that my cabin is above and below other cabins (thus reducing the noise) and midship seems like too much of a gamble to make it worth it.

I just called in and was told I would $100 obc. My sister in law called and they said no? We have the exact same price on our cruise. I was told I would get an email with the details and haven't got that yet so now I am wondering. WTH

I just called in and was told I would $100 obc. My sister in law called and they said no? We have the exact same price on our cruise. I was told I would get an email with the details and haven't got that yet so now I am wondering. WTH

Call in again and ask for a print out of your confirmation be sent to your email. I got a new confirmation and it was printed on the front page, $100 OBC for both my DH and Myself. Make sure you bring that print out with you when you go on your cruise.

Call in again and ask for a print out of your confirmation be sent to your email. I got a new confirmation and it was printed on the front page, $100 OBC for both my DH and Myself. Make sure you bring that print out with you when you go on your cruise.

I called in twice and was told there is no record of me calling in and I do not qualify! My bad for not getting her name. Very frustrating.

It was a no go for me. Due to booking a cruise during the New Years cruise it ended up being higher so no luck on the obc. Thanks so much for letting others know of the obc. I wish everyone luck. :D