Where are the Carnival experts?? Need help comparing these cruises...

MaiTaiMary

My DH and I are looking into our next cruise. There are just so many, it's overwhelming! :eek: Trying to narrow it down a bit. :D

Cruise #1:

Carnival Breeze

8 nights

St. Maarten

St. Kitts

San Juan

Grand Turk

Cruise #2:

Carnival Glory

7 nights

Half Moon Cay

St. Thomas

San Juan

Grand Turk

Both leave from Miami.

They are priced within about $75 of each other (note that cruise #1 is 8 nights, though)

DH and I like to:

~kick back on awesome beaches

~snorkeling

~some adventure tours

we do NOT like to:

~shop

~go on city tours

It will just be me and DH. No kids this time. We've never been to any of these ports or been on either class ship.

I really like the Waterworks area and would definitely try out the waterslides. This isn't a deal breaker that the Glory doesn't have this, though.

So for those of your familiar with either ship, and/or itinerary.... which do you think would be a better pick for us?

I've done the exact itinerary on the Glory and while the ports were amazing I was not really a fan of the ship. It seemed very weathered and faded. The crew was outstanding and attentive, but unfortunately thats not enough to make me sail on the Glory again. We had an aft cabin and it was very warm as well. Several nights I woke up sweating.

With that being said, I have never been on the Breeze so unfortunately I can not compare the ship. It is an 8 day and thats a huge plus. That extra makes a difference to me.

As far as beaches, Half Moon Cay is great. Snorkeling was really great in St. Thomas as well. Both things you won't get with the Breeze.

If you enjoy dining, I do know the Breeze has more options. Further, the Breeze will be leaving Miami soon, so if your location to the home port is a factor, consider it a huge one.

I personally would pass on the Glory and go for the Breeze. For all I know, St. Maarten may have better beaches than HMC and snorkeling at St. Kitts could be out of this world.

#1 hands down.

Newer, bigger ship with all the bells and whistles plus an extra day.

St. Maarten is my favorite port of all. Go to Maho beach and watch the planes land just a few hundred feet over your head. (Google it!)

I vote for Breeze, hands down. Bigger and newer ship. Both itin's are great, but the extra day and the ship would be the definite tie breaker. Not a real big fan of Conquest class either, so another tie breaker in favor of Breeze. The beach at Grand Turk is so convenient. A 10 minute walk from the door of the ship. There are tons of loungers right there and a great view of the ship. No need to get land transport to go to a nice beach.

#1 hands down.

Newer, bigger ship with all the bells and whistles plus an extra day.

St. Maarten is my favorite port of all. Go to Maho beach and watch the planes land just a few hundred feet over your head. (Google it!)

Love Maho beach. Been there on both of my cruises to St. Maarten. Wish it were closer to the dock though.

#1 extra day. Bigger ship!! And St Kitts and St Maarten have AMAZING BEACHES. Just think. Extra day to get a darker tan!:cool:

Altho I might say if you are a beach fan. Half Moon Cay is carnivals own private beach. It's beautiful less crowded. Has a amazing ship bar and probably 7 8 miles of beach with the clearest water ever.

Edited by caddykid12

#1 extra day. Bigger ship!! And St Kitts and St Maarten have AMAZING BEACHES. Just think. Extra day to get a darker tan!:cool:

Altho I might say if you are a beach fan. Half Moon Cay is carnivals own private beach. It's beautiful less crowded. Has a amazing ship bar and probably 7 8 miles of beach with the clearest water ever.

I would say number 1 as well. I haven't done the Breeze, but the itinerary seems more interesting to me.

BUT HMC is amazing, it is hands down the BEST beach I've ever been to, and I've been to a LOT of beaches

to me tho, you can always do HMC later, the Breeze ship is new AND does a great itinerary!

Go the Maho Beach if you havent been, but don't expect to really swim in water - it is VERY rocky, and the waves can be quite intense. I think the "Big" planes come around 11am, noon ish

For St. Maarten, I would also recommend America's Cup Regatta - was the MOST fun excursion I have ever done, a bit pricey, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat - you could always do America's cup in the AM (it's about an hr or so) and then do Maho

Maho Beeach is interesting and quirky.

But it is not all that great a beach.

Orient beach, down from the "nekkid" beach, is the most beautiful place I have ever been.

It looks photo shopped.

I stood there in the water just staring and thinking that it just does not look real.

I have done the Breeze twice and the Glory twice. Both are awesome, BUT nothing beats the Breeze. Also if you are there before May 3 or after July 4th you get Matt Mitcham as your CD and he is the best they have.

#1!

St. Maarten - Go to Pinel Island. Absolutely beautiful!

St. Kitts - Carambola Beach Club - look them up on Facebook and request lounge chairs and umbrella.

San Juan - see the forts and have some mofongo, mojitos, and tembleque at Café Puerto Rico in Old San Juan.

Definitely go for the Breeze. The ship is beautiful as are all the ports you listed. We like to do our own exploring or use a local tour operator; however, we did do the Fanta-sea tour through Carnival for St. Kitts and it was a great day. There is some excellent snorkelling on the way to Nevis.

I've read such good things about Half Moon Cay. That's one of the reasons why I thought #2 might be a better choice. Especially since we love awesome beaches. I've always wanted to go to St. Thomas. Sounds like that's not a favorite port, though.

My DH and I are looking into our next cruise. There are just so many, it's overwhelming! :eek: Trying to narrow it down a bit. :D

Cruise #1:

Carnival Breeze

8 nights

St. Maarten

St. Kitts

San Juan

Grand Turk

Cruise #2:

Carnival Glory

7 nights

Half Moon Cay

St. Thomas

San Juan

Grand Turk

Both leave from Miami.

They are priced within about $75 of each other (note that cruise #1 is 8 nights, though)

DH and I like to:

~kick back on awesome beaches

~snorkeling

~some adventure tours

we do NOT like to:

~shop

~go on city tours

It will just be me and DH. No kids this time. We've never been to any of these ports or been on either class ship.

I really like the Waterworks area and would definitely try out the waterslides. This isn't a deal breaker that the Glory doesn't have this, though.

So for those of your familiar with either ship, and/or itinerary.... which do you think would be a better pick for us?

Between those two I'd definitely choose the Breeze. An extra night. Better ship all around. We went on the Carnival Freedom which is a sister ship to the Glory, and we had a GREAT time, but would definitely choose the Breeze over sailing that ship again.

The one better thing the Glory has going for it is Half Moon Cay and St. Thomas though. Those are great stops. I'd also look at how long the ships are in port for each day, I like itineraries where the ships make long stops instead of 5-6 hour stops.