Check your early saving booking!!!! Huge price drop!!

rene194215

Booked my very first cruise for over Christmas this year 😁 and while I'm not expecting any price drops since its a holiday cruise I've become addicted to checking the price daily and searching out discount carnival gift cards lol...if anyone has any discount secrets they'd like to share I'm all ears

Booked the carnival Sunshine 9 months in advance for a 7 night cruise floor 6 interior $491 per person early saver. Was offered upgrade to balcony choose your room for $100 more per person so we now have balcony room for $591 per person and we got to choose our room! Early saver is the best for upgrades!

Booked my very first cruise for over Christmas this year 😁 and while I'm not expecting any price drops since its a holiday cruise I've become addicted to checking the price daily and searching out discount carnival gift cards lol...if anyone has any discount secrets they'd like to share I'm all ears

Where do you look for discount carnival giftcards?

I just don't get it, went to fare finder, and booked a mock,,, it shows a great price drop,,, called TA they called Carnival and said NO they don't see that price... instead of it being close to 500 savings on 4 on an inside it's only 250 I did take a screen shot of Carnival's web sites,,,, but they don't want to see it,,, How do I get the price drops I am seeing And Can I do their form or does the TA have to do it for me?

I just don't get it, went to fare finder, and booked a mock,,, it shows a great price drop,,, called TA they called Carnival and said NO they don't see that price... instead of it being close to 500 savings on 4 on an inside it's only 250 I did take a screen shot of Carnival's web sites,,,, but they don't want to see it,,, How do I get the price drops I am seeing And Can I do their form or does the TA have to do it for me?

Do you have more than one cruise booked? I had an issue a couple weeks ago where I called my TA and they called Carnival and they didn't see the drop. The problem was that they were looking at a different cruise that we had booked. I did give them the details of the cruise where the drop existed. They got back on with Carnival and got it straightened out and got us the lower rate.

Is your travel agent a big online agency? If so, you could call back and see if you can get a different agent. Sometimes it just takes working with someone else to get it done.

Edited by dioxide45

When I got my price drops, my confirmation email was a rejection, saying my the submission was higher than my original price. I sent a screenshot to the email address, and told them that they need to update their calculator. Sure enough they gave me the lower rate.

I had a similar experience on the 27th, but in the end, after many times being put on hold, the TA finally acquiesced and the fare was dropped - I didn't back down - they said was "my fare already was lower than the currently posted fare" - um, except it wasn't.

We've had great luck finding price drops. So far, our price has fallen $500+ for four on the Breeze sailing June 20. But we love the fare-finder link. We've wondered how to compare prices after final payment was sent and comparable cabins were sold out. Fare-finder (http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer/#) should allow us to check prices as often as we want up until 2 days to departure. Still hoping we can secure OBC before sailing. :)

We've had great luck finding price drops. So far, our price has fallen $500+ for four on the Breeze sailing June 20. But we love the fare-finder link. We've wondered how to compare prices after final payment was sent and comparable cabins were sold out. Fare-finder (http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer/#) should allow us to check prices as often as we want up until 2 days to departure. Still hoping we can secure OBC before sailing. :)

Wow!!! That is impressive..I should hire you to do mine..lol. We cruise in August and not a single price drop yet.

New sale started today...both of our cruises went up $80 each. :rolleyes:Not much of a sale.

I was just coming to report the opposite ;/ Three cabins in my group went down approximately $30 per cabin... not much but I'll take every drop I can get... price change approved in less than 30 minutes... last week they went down $60 per inside and $80 per balcony...

I was just coming to report the opposite ;/ Three cabins in my group went down approximately $30 per cabin... not much but I'll take every drop I can get... price change approved in less than 30 minutes... last week they went down $60 per inside and $80 per balcony...

Yup. Just goes to show. Depending on when you book, these "sales" always benefit someone. Congrats.

I just submitted for another price drop on our Oct. Breeze cruise. Once this is approved it will put us at $240 saved plus with this sale we'll get a $50 OBC. Can't complain at all!

Misty

I just submitted for another price drop on our Oct. Breeze cruise. Once this is approved it will put us at $240 saved plus with this sale we'll get a $50 OBC. Can't complain at all!

Misty

Where are all of you finding a $50 OBC today? When I do a mock booking for my July Breeze cruise, I'm not seeing any offers for OBC.

Caught another drop of $60 last night! That's $120 within one week. Balance is paid in full with $200 in OBC so far. We don't sail till August, so I am in GOOD shape!!

We sail in August as well..how long ago did you book?

Thank you