Koningsdam Balconies?

regnig

Okay I've used the search function and plowed through 5 pages of results with no luck so I'll turn to you all.

Anyone know, or greatly suspect, that the balconies on Deck 4, both forward and aft, will be wider than those on other decks (excluding aft facing staterooms) as they are on the Vista class ships? The drawings of the deck plans sure seem that way.

The aft are Vista Suites on Deck 4 and just normal verandah on Decks 5 and 6 so I strongly suspect you are correct.

They sure look bigger to me. I printed off the deck plans and they are VF category and are Verandah Staterooms. Waiting impatiently for them to post the Caribbean itinerary

Actually the staterooms that interest me are the VBs (both Port & Starboard) towards the aft, not the actually rear facing aft staterooms. If the "lines" that appear on the deck plans are for real they have more "lines" than on other decks. The same is true of the deck plans for the Vista class. Can't wait until someone actually sails on her and can come back here and provide actual dimensions.

If the "lines" that appear on the deck plans are for real they have more "lines" than on other decks.
Before you put too much stock into counting "lines" consider that the deck plans for the Nieuw A and Eurodam seem to show that the deck 5 V balconies in the center section are deeper than the VB and VC in the forward and aft sections. Actually the V are just 4.5 deep, while the VB/VC are 6 ft deep. See the pictures of NA 5122 HERE and the deck plan at

http://www.hollandamerica.com/main/DeckPlansFull.action?ship=na_2&deck=v&deep=0

Edited by jtl513

• 5 months later...

ImageUploadedByForums1442376330.136628.jpg.25d658d13d45317fff989c098d52cb5a.jpg

Bringing up an old thread, but looking at this model of the Koningsdam aft it does appear that the deck 4 balconies are very wide. The deck 4 aft corner suites are going to have sweet balconies! Can't wait to sail one of those two cabins!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On the HAL site the Beethoven aft Verandahs are described as having a large balcony. Based on that, we booked one of the starboard VB staterooms for the Christening cruise...fingers crossed they really are bigger. If no one on one of the 2 prior inaugural cruises posts about them i will next June when we are back.

Does anyone know if we'll be able to open the balcony dividers? I am assuming they will be like the Eurodam and NA, but you never know.
I doubt anyone outside of HAL can say for sure, but my guess is that it's highly probable.

Okay I've used the search function and plowed through 5 pages of results with no luck so I'll turn to you all.

Anyone know, or greatly suspect, that the balconies on Deck 4, both forward and aft, will be wider than those on other decks (excluding aft facing staterooms) as they are on the Vista class ships? The drawings of the deck plans sure seem that way.

Quite simple... the new ship is considerably than the Signature and Vistas. In the areas you are looking at.... the width of the superstructure is same at the other ships. But from Deck 4... the ship is a lot wider than the other ships. The KODM is 5 metres wider... 16 feet... This mean that those corner balconies will be 8 feet wider. In addition.. there is 8 feet that are not under the overhang of Deck 5 above. Exceptional space.

• 7 months later...

I accessed 4 different Koningsdam Deck Plans, including 2 on the HAL website, when booking my Fall 2017 cruise. Not one of the 4 matched another, so I called Guest Services to ask which plan was correct. Surprise! No one knew... I was told that when someone booking a cabin had a question about dimensions, view, etc., Reservations called Guest Services, who called the Front Desk on board, who sent someone to go look, then relay the info back to Reservations!! It's a c**pshoot; you pay your money and cross your fingers.

Can adjoining balconies be opened up to each other?
The partitions look just like those on the prior 6 ships, so my guess would be that they are the same. Edited by jtl513

Holland America Line: How about some honest measurements of all the staterooms and verandas and NOT the generic range of figures that we see on the deck plans?

Because there are too many variations over 1,331 cabins?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app