On the Getaway now. Some notes and any questions?

KeithJenner

i want to thank you for taking the time on your vacation to keep CC in the know LIVE!

Did you pre-book any shows, and , if so, were your reservations valiid? We had the threads last week about Breakaway doing away with the show ressies as a trial.

[emoji441][emoji445][emoji453][emoji126][emoji112]

Thanks

Nora

Yes, reservations are valid. We did Burn the Floor last night on a prebooked reservation.

The ship doesn't seem at all crowded, despite being full. We are on deck 8 and spending a lot of time on 678 and the waterfront and I think everyone is on the pool deck, so it's really quiet for us.

Service in Sunset Bar is exceptional. We've been there twice, ordering a bucket of beer each time. The waitress knows our names (looked my wife's up I imagine as she hasn't seen her card) and says hi when we walk past.

Is the Noodle Bar (free now, correct?) only open during dinner time? I'm hoping to be able to have it for lunch on our upcoming cruise.

Thanks!

Yes it's included now and yes it is only open in the evening. Opened at 5.30 on both sea days.

We quickly showed up at the latitudes event tonight (for the free wine cos we're cheap) and got a couple of bits of info.

Firstly, there was a strong hint that latitudes status will be matched by regent and the other line whose name I can't remember right now. Timescale for that was "about a year".

Also, changes to latitudes are in the pipeline. No details (and there has to be a suspicion that the changes won't be for the better). I'm certainly making sure we still get maximum points until we reach at least 250. I can't remember if he mentioned any timescale for that, but I think it will be reasonably soon.

Edited by KeithJenner

I just remembered I have speed test on my phone, so just ran a test. I got 2.04 download and 4.87 upload. I'm sitting on my balcony, so the wifi connection is not quite as good as indoors.

This M6 balcony is fantastic, by the way. :)

An update on the Internet. I forgot to log off on my phone and when I tried to login on another device it recognised this and asked me whether I wanted to logic the phone, so it is just one device at a time, but they do seem to allow use on multiple devices.

Thanks for the update!

I just remembered I have speed test on my phone, so just ran a test. I got 2.04 download and 4.87 upload. I'm sitting on my balcony, so the wifi connection is not quite as good as indoors.

This M6 balcony is fantastic, by the way. :)

I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time during your cruise to answer questions and inform us on any new information you come across. It is much appreciated.

Rochelle

Great stuff,

got hints in Jan that Latitudes is being reviewed.

Doing a cross brand program will give some incentive to move between the brands.

works for us that RCI == X+ACC (shame they don't combine all three).

we also have P&O == Princess

Hi,

I was wondering if you have attempted to text not through the Norwegian app over the wifi? We are setting sail in a few weeks and are hoping to be able to text home to check on our kids over wifi from our iPad.

I hope this hasn't been asked already- my apologies if it has!

Keith,

Could you check to see if the Pizza is free with the room service menu or is it still $5 + the service charge + 18%. Thanks.

Rochelle

It looks to me like you now have the choice of getting it from room service for $4.95 plus 18% or by phoning the pizza number for $5 plus 18%.

There is no mention of an extra charge on the RS menu, but the $5 delivery is still mentioned as an option in the daily.

I have no idea whether the pizzas are the same. I've never ordered any from either place.

Edited by KeithJenner

Hi,

I was wondering if you have attempted to text not through the Norwegian app over the wifi? We are setting sail in a few weeks and are hoping to be able to text home to check on our kids over wifi from our iPad.

I hope this hasn't been asked already- my apologies if it has!

No I haven't. As we've got internet we've been emailing instead. We don't sign up for the paid parts of iconcierge.

It looks to me like you now have the choice of getting it from room service for $4.95 plus 18% or by phoning the pizza number for $5 plus 18%.

There is no mention of an extra charge on the RS menu, but the $5 delivery is still mentioned as an option in the daily.

I have no idea whether the pizzas are the same. I've never ordered any from either place.

There is a personal size pizza option on them new menu, so you can order that under the convenience fee structure. The other $5 all the time option isn't RS specific so that should be business as usual:$5 delivered anywhere onboard.

Is there still the lobster night or Seafood night, the second night of the cruise in the buffet?

I just checked the daily for day 2 and it says that it was seafood in the buffet. No mention of lobster and I didn't go, so can't say what the seafood was.

I had purchased $600 of OBC to make use of the better exchange rate, but it didn't post to my onboard account.

I was a bit concerned about it, as I've read a few reports on here of people struggling to get things like this sorted, so I went to the onboard credit desk yesterday to ask them about it.

They had a look and said they could see I had ordered it but a payment wasn't showing up. They said they would look at it and come back to me.

Today, I've just checked my account and it has been posted. All sorted with the minimum of fuss.

I had purchased $600 of OBC to make use of the better exchange rate, but it didn't post to my onboard account.

I was a bit concerned about it, as I've read a few reports on here of people struggling to get things like this sorted, so I went to the onboard credit desk yesterday to ask them about it.

They had a look and said they could see I had ordered it but a payment wasn't showing up. They said they would look at it and come back to me.

Today, I've just checked my account and it has been posted. All sorted with the minimum of fuss.

Glad it worked out ;) That would have been a big disappointment! AND thanks for taking the time to post about your trip ! We all appreciate you taking the time and effort !

We've been on the ropes course 3 times, both on port and sea days without having to queue too much. A lot easier than I expected.

We've also played the mini golf a couple of times, but it's very hard because of the unsupervised kids using it as a climbing frame and randomly whacking balls around.

It really needs some staff supervision there. Unfortunately, that would possibly be accompanied by a fee, but I honestly couldn't blame them if they did so.

Personally, I'd rather pay something and be able to play without the interruptions. Of course parents supervising their kids would work just as well.

Edited by KeithJenner

I'm not sure whether it sounds like I'm grumbling a lot, but we're having a great time. I'll just focus a bit in the positives.

Service everywhere is still great. No trouble getting drinks, and the wait staff have been very good. Still not done the MDR yet though.

Le Bistro was excellent as usual and the wait staff were better than usual.

Illusionarium was really good. I'd highly recommend it and the food was better than I expected.

They showed Big Hero 6 in 3D in the theatre yesterday evening. The theatre was almost full and everyone seemed to have fun.

View of the fireworks from the Waterfront was really good. No music there of course, but the view was great.

Cagneys tonight. :)

We really appreciate your posting! Glad to hear you are enjoying :)

We are under 30 days now to our cruise on the Getaway. If you can, could post a picture of their bar menu that includes those frozen drinks.....really looking forward to some nice sunny days with my favorite icey drink as its SNOWING at my house today:eek: